<123
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  forever_dreamer
      forever_dreamer
Re: The Japan Times : CD review for Utada "This is the One"
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L Forever Young XD/F/Bunny-Chocolate-Ice Cream Land
I think this guy either didn't take much effort to listen to all the songs on her albums (he was lazy and failed to look up accurate translations of her Japanese songs-if any of the translations are accurate anyway cuz some might not be) or maybe he just doesn't like her music.

I guess he also just doesn't get her music and doesn't appreciate as much as we do but that's his problem.

Don't worry guys there will be better reviews. It's also like someone else said even bad reviews make good publicity for Hikaru.
Posted on: 2009/4/16 11:30
  •  autumnmycat
      autumnmycat
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 21/F/OH
I read his review for TITO and Exodus and now I'm like WTF is this guy's problem? I mean, he hates TITO but it seems like he really liked Exodus. Did he even listen to the albums? I loved Exodus but it had way too many cringe-worthy moments. Honestly, I thought that Exodus had it's share of racy lyrics.

"I still remember the ways that you touched me"
"Every time I think about your body my body goes ooh ooh"

And, come on, Hotel Lobby is about prostitution and You Make Me Want To Be a Man is about...well, yeah, she wants to be a lesbian in this song apparently. And he's upset about 6 and 9s and contraception? If those bothered him, why didn't "Sexy stiletto pumps, tight jeans, no panties on. Oops did I turn you on"?

And he apparently hates her Japanese tracks. Why? I don't know. Her Japanese songs are awesome. And all because they're all about her wanting to birth someone's child, which they're not. Has he even looked at the translations or listened to any other CD other than Distance? Obviously he sure listened to Exodus and TITO since he did an excellent review on both them. </sarcasm>

ghostdog is right. This guy needs to be punched in the face. Now.
Posted on: 2009/4/16 18:07
  •  fresh_mochi310
      fresh_mochi310
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 2009/M/Los Angeles
YEAH!
Posted on: 2009/4/16 20:39
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

autumnmycat wrote:
I read his review for TITO and Exodus and now I'm like WTF is this guy's problem? I mean, he hates TITO but it seems like he really liked Exodus. Did he even listen to the albums? I loved Exodus but it had way too many cringe-worthy moments. Honestly, I thought that Exodus had it's share of racy lyrics.

And, come on, Hotel Lobby is about prostitution and You Make Me Want To Be a Man is about...well, yeah, she wants to be a lesbian in this song apparently. And he's upset about 6 and 9s and contraception? If those bothered him, why didn't "Sexy stiletto pumps, tight jeans, no panties on. Oops did I turn you on"?

And he apparently hates her Japanese tracks. Why? I don't know. Her Japanese songs are awesome. And all because they're all about her wanting to birth someone's child, which they're not. Has he even looked at the translations or listened to any other CD other than Distance? Obviously he sure listened to Exodus and TITO since he did an excellent review on both them. </sarcasm>

U R SO RIGHT!!!!!
Posted on: 2009/4/16 23:53
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Quote:

autumnmycat wrote:

AMEN, SISTAAHH ~~

Only, the "You make Me Want To Be A Man" song is actually about her not being able to understand the dude she's fighting with and is thinking that perhaps it's because of a gender issue -- therefore wanting to be a man in order to understand the other side of the argument better. Not really having anything to do with her being a lesbian...

ANYWAY, this also brings out another point that his reasoning is actually pretty inconsistent. Which further proves his lack of research and knowledge on who Utada's all about.

Like what someone else said earlier in this thread, i wouuldn't put too much weight into what he says. The article isn't worth our time. It's just rubbish. crap. poop. that's what is it. :3
Posted on: 2009/4/17 0:13
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123