second single

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...6>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
second single
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
hi guys! i'm new here and i want to know if anybody knows something about utada's next single..
i heard that her next single will be "dirty desire" and will be her final single D: confirmed by "def jam"

i expected 4 singles for tito u_u but only 2 singles?? nooooo
Posted on: 2009/4/13 15:58
  •  ItsDaveyJ
      ItsDaveyJ
Re: second single
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/m/ny
Welcome!

I have not heard anything concerning a second single. I don't think having Dirty Desire is a good choice though. Simply because radio airplay probably wouldn't know what to do because the lyrics are quite explicit. Some radio stations aren't comfortable with that. And since she is a new artist, I doubt they would make an exception for her.

I would prefer having either Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence FYI or Apple and Cinnamon as the next single. FYI is a great blend of east and west and have a great beat. While retaining a very unique sound. Apple and Cinnamon is very catchy and gets into people's heads. Kinda like the phrase "to the left!" was for Beyonce's Irreplaceable.
Posted on: 2009/4/13 17:26
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Welcome to utadanet.com!

Yeah I haven't heard anything about a second single either. But if there will be one, it would most likely be Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence. Other strong possibilities are Apple and Cinnamon and Me Muero. Dirty Desire's good, but it might turn some people off because of its lyrics. It did so for my friend. In my opinion, A & C should be the next single.
Posted on: 2009/4/13 17:47
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
I doubt they'd make Dirty Desire the next single.
Apple and Cinnamon would make a good single though.
Posted on: 2009/4/13 17:48
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19 / Male/ Spain
u all speak about next single...

but...

WHAT THE F... IS THAT ABOUT FINAL SINGLE??? HII?? JUST 2 FOR A CD??
Posted on: 2009/4/13 17:57
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
thanks for your replies guys! :)

i don't want "Dirty Desire" as a second and FINAL single D: and some people on Utada's Last.fm shoutbox started to say things like "def jam confirmed that Dirty Desire is gonna be the next and final single of TITO" i felt a bit scared because that would be a flop for utada T_T i guess..

anyway thank you guys~ :D
Posted on: 2009/4/13 20:07
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
I read what you were talking about. I don't think (hope) it's true. Why would Def Jam be emailing him? And only 2 singles, I doubt it...

I think "Apple and Cinnamon" should be her next single. I could really hear that on the radio. I think "This One" should be after that. That could be the most successful single off the album. Her final single should be "FYI" or "On & On". "FYI" is a good song and I could see "On & On" topping the dance charts. Dirty Desire should NOT be a single! It's good but I don't see many people connecting with it.

Her label should buff up promotion especially if they release "This One" as it would probably do best. They need to get her to preform on Oprah, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Jay Leno, Ellen, Tyra. That's what Lady Gaga did and now everyone knows her. Performing on Early Morning News Stations when no one's watching doesn't do much good. She should do more events similar to the Sephora ones except somewhere really public like a mall so random people hear her music (that's what Boa's doing). Or better yet put her songs in one of those commercials that play every half hour.
Posted on: 2009/4/13 21:35
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
NOOOO!!! Dirty desire shouldn't be the next and only song! Je deteste le decision!

I think they should make it FYI the next song cuz it's so awesome with it's wicked sweet beat. Then This one the final single. That's a good song.
Posted on: 2009/4/13 22:33
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

xxkuuchan wrote:
hi guys! i'm new here and i want to know if anybody knows something about utada's next single..
i heard that her next single will be "dirty desire" and will be her final single D: confirmed by "def jam"

i expected 4 singles for tito u_u but only 2 singles?? nooooo

irrashiamasen =D

and A&C would make a great single =D
Posted on: 2009/4/13 22:36
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/F/RSA
Yea between A & C and FYI...then This One as a "Final" single maybe...I love that song!
Posted on: 2009/4/14 2:22
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...6>