Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: second single
guest_Unregistered
Where are you reading that DD is the next and final single?

In some random shoutbox on lastfm?
Yup that sounds like a really reliable source there.
get real, this is a hoax.
Posted on: 2009/4/17 13:49
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
I can't pick which one should be the next single. I like all of her songs and i'm too indecisive to choose. :D
Posted on: 2009/4/17 15:17
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
Where are you reading that DD is the next and final single?

In some random shoutbox on lastfm?
Yup that sounds like a really reliable source there.
get real, this is a hoax.

we just hoping, if she does make a next single
Posted on: 2009/4/17 23:35
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
If I were in charge of things, the following singles would be (not in any order): "Dirty Desire," "On & On," and "Taking My Money Back." They'd get good support from not only Pop and Rhythmic, but with Urban radio as well. They'd be good crossover hits.

Utada's kind of written herself into a corner with "Dirty Desire": it's arguably the most hit-ready radio-friendly song on the whole album (I disagree that it's too steamy for radio; and if there is any issue they can just make a cleaner radio edit), rhythmic especially would eat this up. The problem is that "Dirty Desire" is contrary to the image she and IDJ have been cultivating with this album. It misrepresents her as an artist, and that's damaging for someone new to the scene. She might be able to get away with it if she were already established, but pushing "DD" as one of her initial hits would almost require an image makeover for her.

"On & On" is almost as good as "DD" but I don't know if it'll really stand out so-to-speak. Still, it's the second-hottest jam on the album and it's pretty infectious. Would make a solid single.

"Taking My Money Back" I think is the most underrated song from the fans. It's catchy, reminds me of Aaliyah's "One in a Million" (and that's a good thing), and probably has the most urban appeal out of any song on the album. It might be a bit too down-tempo for pop but if rhythmic and urban get behind it pop eventually would too.

Unfortunately, I don't have much hope that any of these songs are going to be singles. With IDJ rearranging the tracklist, it really seems they'e positioning This is the One as a 'ballads album' and I'm pretty sure the Stargate tracks are the ones going to be pushed for singlehood. I don't really see "Me Muero" or "FYI" being hits but we'll see.
Posted on: 2009/4/19 4:03
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
I want to see This One (Crying Like A Child), FYI, Taking My Money Back, or On and On be the next single.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/4/19 10:57
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19 / Male/ Spain
I take Dirty desire coz is so cool to dance and sexy... it is a bomb!!!! so People in america will love it ^^
Posted on: 2009/4/19 11:21
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20 ♥ femme ♥ Vegas
Personally I think "On and On" would make a strong single. It's the right sound and lyrics to make it. I also think "The One" would be a good choice. Only problem is those two on top of "CBTM" all have a similar sound. So for some diversity, "Me Muero" or "A&C" would be good.

I'm excited for whatever the next will be though.
Posted on: 2009/4/19 15:29
  •  eni-san
      eni-san
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L it's a secret
I want Taking My Money Back, A&C, and FYI.

Taking my Money Back is awesome (which is why I have it in my siggy) and I think it'd be good for like an RnB station.

A&C...I don't know why, I was listening to it last night and I just wondered how this would do on the radio. It's really easy to listen to and kind of refreshing in a way.

FYI...I just love it and want people to hear it by any means necessary.

But in the end I'll take anything.
Posted on: 2009/4/19 18:08
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i've been listening to A&C nonstop for the past week i love that song
Posted on: 2009/4/20 0:25
  •  eltonjpt
      eltonjpt
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 22 / M / Philadelphia, USA
I really think "On and On" should be a single! As well as "This One" --- both would be hits, I think. "Dirty Desire" is good too, but not 2nd single material.
Posted on: 2009/4/20 1:13
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>