second single

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: second single
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
I want to see This One (Crying Like A Child), FYI, Taking My Money Back, or On and On be the next single.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/4/19 10:57
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
If I were in charge of things, the following singles would be (not in any order): "Dirty Desire," "On & On," and "Taking My Money Back." They'd get good support from not only Pop and Rhythmic, but with Urban radio as well. They'd be good crossover hits.

Utada's kind of written herself into a corner with "Dirty Desire": it's arguably the most hit-ready radio-friendly song on the whole album (I disagree that it's too steamy for radio; and if there is any issue they can just make a cleaner radio edit), rhythmic especially would eat this up. The problem is that "Dirty Desire" is contrary to the image she and IDJ have been cultivating with this album. It misrepresents her as an artist, and that's damaging for someone new to the scene. She might be able to get away with it if she were already established, but pushing "DD" as one of her initial hits would almost require an image makeover for her.

"On & On" is almost as good as "DD" but I don't know if it'll really stand out so-to-speak. Still, it's the second-hottest jam on the album and it's pretty infectious. Would make a solid single.

"Taking My Money Back" I think is the most underrated song from the fans. It's catchy, reminds me of Aaliyah's "One in a Million" (and that's a good thing), and probably has the most urban appeal out of any song on the album. It might be a bit too down-tempo for pop but if rhythmic and urban get behind it pop eventually would too.

Unfortunately, I don't have much hope that any of these songs are going to be singles. With IDJ rearranging the tracklist, it really seems they'e positioning This is the One as a 'ballads album' and I'm pretty sure the Stargate tracks are the ones going to be pushed for singlehood. I don't really see "Me Muero" or "FYI" being hits but we'll see.
Posted on: 2009/4/19 4:03
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
Where are you reading that DD is the next and final single?

In some random shoutbox on lastfm?
Yup that sounds like a really reliable source there.
get real, this is a hoax.

we just hoping, if she does make a next single
Posted on: 2009/4/17 23:35
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
I can't pick which one should be the next single. I like all of her songs and i'm too indecisive to choose. :D
Posted on: 2009/4/17 15:17
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Where are you reading that DD is the next and final single?

In some random shoutbox on lastfm?
Yup that sounds like a really reliable source there.
get real, this is a hoax.
Posted on: 2009/4/17 13:49
  •  popcorn
      popcorn
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 17/F/Canada
I definatly think A&C should be the next single.
Posted on: 2009/4/16 18:33
  •  _yuki
      _yuki
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
2nd: DD (I could see it becoming a summer hit)
3rd: A&C (immensely radio-friendly, if her first single hadn't been a ballad I would have picked this one for the second single)
4th: O&O (this HAS to be a single, period.)
Posted on: 2009/4/16 17:19
  •  fe7lyn
      fe7lyn
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I think her next single should be On and On. I hope her next single will be up beat not another slow song... if so then This is the one should be next.
Posted on: 2009/4/16 16:26
  •  Truten
      Truten
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/M/UK
I doubt that they would just release two singles from the album. IDJ themselves have been very suprised with the album's success on iTunes and the amount of people that turned up to her listening parties so I think they will be wanting to promote her further.

I myself would prefer On and On, Dirty Desire or This One to be the next single release. But I would absolutely support Apple and Cinnamon or This One being released because I can see them doing quite well with the public.
Posted on: 2009/4/16 15:21
  •  daaznfella
      daaznfella
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/M/Seattle, WA USA
apple and cinnamon would be a great single, it's catchy as hell

fyi....i see it more as a fall song? like the strings in the beginning remind me of the fall leafs....iono...
Posted on: 2009/4/16 12:06
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>