Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: What is Utada Hikarus best album??
guest_Unregistered
I like Heart Station the best. I don't skip any of the songs and they're all so relaxing, calm, and heart-warming. Deep River is really close behind because it's just so brilliant and really defined her as an artist.

I want her to try something totally new on her next Japanese album like rock or dance
Posted on: 2009/4/18 22:51
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Exodus by a mile.
Posted on: 2009/4/19 3:09
  •  sissydaisy9394
      sissydaisy9394
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L teenager-Girl-USA
my favorites are deep river, ultra blue, and heart station. i can't pick an absolute favorite!
Posted on: 2009/4/19 13:29
  •  lollercoaster
      lollercoaster
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

scott_o_k wrote:
Exodus by a mile.

Absolutely.

In place of a real explanation right now, I present THE WORKOUT, Kremlin Dusk, and Animato!

(As a side note, I feel there is a Myth of Exodus that gets thrown around as Conventional Utada Fan Wisdom that is completely unfair to every bleep, syllable, and bloop there.)
Posted on: 2009/4/21 12:48
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
I wanna say ultra blue as well.. Heart STation was fun but i think Ultra Blue for me was great all around.

To me, anything during and post exodus is awesome stuff. Her voice just seems to have matured and i like the vibe of it.
Posted on: 2009/4/21 13:44
  •  catseye528
      catseye528
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 30/Only if you want to/A mountain somewhere in Arizona
In terms of song balancing Heart Station is the best... all of the songs on it haven't been on other albums and you can listen to it without skipping any songs...
But I also think Ultrablue is great too in that the majority of songs on it just rock your socks off...
I'm holding judgment on TITO right now... but I do find myself loving Apple & Cinnamon, This One, Taking My Money Back, Automatic II, and of course Come Back to me...
Course my favorite song still is Hikari.

What do you mean by there are mountains in Arizona?
Posted on: 2009/4/21 15:23
  •  paisith
      paisith
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 32/Male/Bangkok Thailand
I think Ultra Blue is the greatest.This album is different from another in the way of sound and emotional of melody
like a fantasy musical.I like a theme of this alblum.
Posted on: 2009/4/21 16:51
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Quote:

lollercoaster wrote:
Quote:

scott_o_k wrote:
Exodus by a mile.

Absolutely.

In place of a real explanation right now, I present THE WORKOUT, Kremlin Dusk, and Animato!

(As a side note, I feel there is a Myth of Exodus that gets thrown around as Conventional Utada Fan Wisdom that is completely unfair to every bleep, syllable, and bloop there.)

I also like About Me. I looove that song.
Posted on: 2009/4/21 17:10
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i think all of her album are great! cuz all of the album has a different type of genra love them all
Posted on: 2009/4/21 22:08
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16 / M / Palembang
1. This Is The One, simple and enjoyable, perfect album length (I usually get bored in the middle when listening to her previous album), every single track really make a good composition as an album.
2. ULTRA BLUE, this is her most artistic album, no doubt. She proved to the world that she's a musician with this album. But this album doesn't as enjoyable as her latest one.
3. Exodus. Very original and experimental. A creative side of her is in this album.
4. DEEP RIVER. Lyrically brilliant. Musically very good, but tracks like SAKURA Drops and traveling is too long and filled with adlibbings on a repeated line.
5. Distance. Her most professionally produced album. She had a lot of people behind her, so she can focused in songwriting, composing, and ofcourse singing. Sunglasses and Kotoba ni Naranai Kimochi is amazing.
6. HEART STATION. HEART STATION got the point of ULTRA BLUE and DEEP RIVER. The tracklist is very good. But it's very moody. You (or at least, I) will need the right mood to listen. For example, I prefer to skip Flavor Of Life when I was happy.
7. First Love. Ummm.. I don't really listen to this album
8. Precious. I don't even heard anything from this album yet =_="
Posted on: 2009/4/25 10:24
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>