Poster Thread
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: What is Utada Hikarus best album??
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
For me it?s Heart Station, I?m am an incorrigible romantic, I still believe in ?love at first sight?, my Mum and Dad married young , and are still ?bouncing off the walls?, which in Japan are made of tissue paper and balsawood.

So I am taking the opportunity to spin ?Celebrate? to various night furniture sounds like a scraping, squeaking, and squelching, intermingled, with rattles, beeps, whirrs and grunts accompanied by the occasional "fan" noise...like it's over-heating or something, humidity can be as high as 70%, so barabara ,a Japanese word meaning disarray is followed by shiiin absolute silence, which then gives me the opportunity to spin ?Prisoner of love?, to an accompaniment of crickets chirping, which is kind of soothing, and relaxing, while they make a sort of blissful, whooshing sound, and finally ?Flavour of life? rounds it all off with the sound of the sea at Kochi, with the odd rustle, splash, squish.
That may have been an overshare too Pips....*wipes nose*,wow.
Posted on: 2009/7/31 9:55
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
i'd have to say deep river. that album just had so many striking songs!
Posted on: 2009/8/1 11:52
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/Male/Toledo, OH
I would have to say that Ultra Blue is my fav. album from her...it r equals awesome!
Posted on: 2009/8/1 23:47
  •  raitwins
      raitwins
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L Philippines
for me all hikki album are the best bcoz all her songs that she written are from the bottom of her heart (so im very proud of her)
Posted on: 2009/8/2 4:54
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i saw all of them yo but if i have to pic one then its prolly Deep River
Posted on: 2009/8/2 18:41
  •  chasegran
      chasegran
Re: What is Utada Hikaru
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I don't think her English albums and Japanese albums can be compared, so I have to choose one of Each.

English - This Is The One
Much more professional, and just better! Exodus is great, but only if you're a Hikki fan already. That's when you can really appreciate it.

Japanese - Heart Station
No contest, in my opinion. Everything about it just makes it better than her other Japanese albums, I think. It has a song for every emotion I've ever felt.
Posted on: 2009/8/8 14:20
  •  fivesixseven
      fivesixseven
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 16/M/Canada
For me, its Ultra Blue because the melodies were great, and and all the songs were easy to fall in love with. Great album!
Posted on: 2009/8/9 16:05
  •  daaznfella
      daaznfella
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/M/Seattle, WA USA
I used to really enjoy jamming to Deep River, but honestly my favorite cd now has to be Heart Station EASILY....just love the melodies, the relaxation of a lot of the tracks, ......stay gold? kiss and cry? flavor of life ballad? the gentle beast interlude into celebrate?....ahhhh
Posted on: 2009/8/9 16:21
  •  Hikki4life4ever
      Hikki4life4ever
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L _/Female/Pye Green,UK
Quote:

JimJam wrote:
I'd say I love ULTRA BLUE, but then again I also love EXODUS. DEEP RIVER is very good, too and so is DISTANCE... GAH!
Too hard... I'll say either ULTRA BLUE or EXODUS....

Same here....
Japanese : Ultra Blue
English : Exodus
Posted on: 2009/8/11 6:18
  •  kuromaguro
      kuromaguro
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/M/London
Quote:

daaznfella wrote:
I used to really enjoy jamming to Deep River, but honestly my favorite cd now has to be Heart Station EASILY....just love the melodies, the relaxation of a lot of the tracks, ......stay gold? kiss and cry? flavor of life ballad? the gentle beast interlude into celebrate?....ahhhh

Exactly, i think the best album would be heart station too, the arrangement of the tracks is very well thought of, every track just smooths in nicely after one another, like between gentle beast interlude and celebrate. And its very rare for me to not skip tracks in an album, and heart station is exactly that.

Next would be Distance, very good R&B album and Ultra Blue, alot of nice melodies indeed. After that would be Deep River, TITO and First Love, in order.

Exodus is not exactly my favourite, but i think its an important album made by hikki. The genre of the tracks is so... undefined. Its like fresh music injected into your soul that recharges you, after all that "pop" music and makes you fall in love with hikki's other album all over again, when you start to get bored with them.
Posted on: 2009/8/11 19:42
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>