•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  grayzkule
      grayzkule
Utada admits to Cheating on Live Japanese Radio
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 21/M/MN
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20090419-00000000-dal-ent

Although this is kinda divulging into her personal life, this has been all over the Japanese news. On Tokyo FM's "Cosmo Pops Top 10" show she revealed that CBTM is indeed written from experience and that she has cheated on "someone" (although not necessarily Kiriya Kazuaki). She assured listeners that "I won't do it anymore."

Kiriya is scheduled to be on the same station for a live broadcast on the 20th and the article says "It will be interesting to gather his reaction to this news".
Posted on: 2009/4/18 22:28
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Utada admits to Cheating on Live Japanese Radio
guest_Unregistered
aw, i wanna know what the artilce says its in japanese
Posted on: 2009/4/18 22:33
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Oh this is surprising. I didn't expect her to publicly say something like this. I kinda thought there had to be a reason for her to write those lyrics in CBTM. Well as long as she says she won't do it anymore. And you can't blame her. It's part of human nature to desire and want something new. A lot of people cheat in their relationships.
Posted on: 2009/4/18 22:41
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
Interesting, although during one of her interviews with a radio station in the US recently, she had mentioned she has cheated before...

I don't remember which one though.... all i remember, someone correct me if I'm wrong, was that the radio host asked her who she cheated on and if she wrote the song for someone and she said that she wrote the song because she hasn't really heard the topic of cheating from women and she has friends and herself included who have cheated in the past.... she also mentioned that some of her ex's called her after hearing the song wondering if she wanted to get back or something.... please correct me if I'm wrong....

I would assume that the one she has cheated on would be Kiriya, although I am only assuming this because its the only relationship that I know she has had (even though she has a bf right now or so it's rumored right?)... and anything before her marriage to Kiriya she would be too young I think.

I'm guessing the station will ask kiriya if he was cheated on...
Posted on: 2009/4/18 22:42
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
Yeah, I've seen that interview!
It was 107.9 The Wake Up Call.

I have the link for all three parts.
part two is the one that she stated that she cheated

pt 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIOqKUK2yvU&feature=related

pt 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOs1ezLPh8&feature=related

pt 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4_8VW4uHoY&feature=related
Posted on: 2009/4/18 23:06
  •  Semantics
      Semantics
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Ouch, you're right, it's all over the Japanese news. So far, up to 11 different Japanese news networks have published articles on this on their websites. And each article differs in length (perhaps content and phrasing as well).

http://news.google.com.sg/news/story?um=1&ned=jp&cf=all&ncl=1287629874

I worry this might alienate some of her Japanese fans. Cheating is frowned upon quite a bit in conservative Asian societies and I don't think this will sit well with some people in Japan especially.
Posted on: 2009/4/18 23:12
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Quote:

BokuWaDevil光 wrote:
Yeah, I've seen that interview!
It was 107.9 The Wake Up Call.

I have the link for all three parts.
part two is the one that she stated that she cheated

pt 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIOqKUK2yvU&feature=related

pt 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOs1ezLPh8&feature=related

pt 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4_8VW4uHoY&feature=related

she actually remembered automatic, and kinda forgot simple and clean... lol
Posted on: 2009/4/18 23:42
  •  takka
      takka
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 35/M/Japan
Quote:

Semantics wrote:
I worry this might alienate some of her Japanese fans. Cheating is frowned upon quite a bit in conservative Asian societies and I don't think this will sit well with some people in Japan especially.

No need to worry about that.
One of the articles that I've read says that she even got applause
from the audience for her honesty, and the media seems to be favourably
reporting her being honest.

Japan is not conservative in this area AT ALL.
Probably a lot more open than Christian countries IMO.
Long before Europeans reached to American continent, we had writers
who wrote about sex life. You will find it out if you study Japanese
literature. Japan is VERY different from other Asian countries in that sense.
Posted on: 2009/4/19 0:01
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Quote:

aquaticdragons wrote:
Interesting, although during one of her interviews with a radio station in the US recently, she had mentioned she has cheated before...

I don't remember which one though.... all i remember, someone correct me if I'm wrong, was that the radio host asked her who she cheated on and if she wrote the song for someone and she said that she wrote the song because she hasn't really heard the topic of cheating from women and she has friends and herself included who have cheated in the past.... she also mentioned that some of her ex's called her after hearing the song wondering if she wanted to get back or something.... please correct me if I'm wrong....

I would assume that the one she has cheated on would be Kiriya, although I am only assuming this because its the only relationship that I know she has had (even though she has a bf right now or so it's rumored right?)... and anything before her marriage to Kiriya she would be too young I think.

I'm guessing the station will ask kiriya if he was cheated on...

You're absolutely right. She HAS already mentioned that she cheated on a US station in an interview. And .. pretty much what you summed up there is what she said in a nutshell. Which is why when i saw the topic name of this thread, I wasn't very surprised... i mean, at the fact that she had cheated.

What DID surprise me was that she mentioned it to the Japanese audience/listeners in Japan. Having the topic brought up in the US is one thing, but what like Semantics said, i'd think it would be a little different in Japan. I hope the Japanese media don't blow it out of proportion. It shouldn't be such a huge scandal, but... you know tabloids these days. They'd grab at any little piece of detail with the potential of snowballing gossip. And with a star as big as Hikki... ouch. I think the US would be a little more forgiving of the cheating thing mainly because 1) she's a new artist without as much history in the US music industy unlike in Japan so no one would care as much, 2) it was in the past and is seen kind of irrelavent to who she is now. In my opinion anyway. Japan's already had a vision of Utada for a long time and it may bother some fans there. Uhh, I feel like i'm rambling now -- is this making sense?

I don't think it's Kiriya -- i mean, i may be wrong, but i'm not going to assume anything. I mean -- it COULD have been Kiriya but who knows for sure. In the interview, she mentioned that "i got text messages from some of my ex's asking if the song was for them!" Haha.. she also mentioned that it wasn't just from her own past experiences but also that of her friends' too. So i wouldn't think of CBTM as a true 'self experienced story' song. I think it's a lot more general than that and it just happen so that Utada herself can relate to the song.

Soooo yeah. What ev. No one's perfect, even Utada is human. Which makes her all the more amazing since in spite of her being a person with faults, she still manages to go above and beyond in her musical talent and all that jazz. So we should just be forgiving of her mistakes especially if it was in the past, 'naa mean??
Posted on: 2009/4/19 0:15
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Quote:

takka wrote:
Quote:

Semantics wrote:

No need to worry about that.
One of the articles that I've read says that she even got applause
from the audience for her honesty, and the media seems to be favourably
reporting her being honest.

Japan is not conservative in this area AT ALL.
Probably a lot more open than Christian countries IMO.
Long before Europeans reached to American continent, we had writers
who wrote about sex life. You will find it out if you study Japanese
literature. Japan is VERY different from other Asian countries in that sense.

Oh, harhar !! I guess i have nothing to worry about then.

Also, the Christian country remark... harhar, don't worry about the US. We're pretty mishmached about the religion thing because we have so many different people with so many different beliefs anyway.
Posted on: 2009/4/19 0:18
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...8>