<1...5678
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  catseye528
      catseye528
Re: Utada admits to Cheating on Live Japanese Radio
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 30/Only if you want to/A mountain somewhere in Arizona
*sigh* And again I guess I'm being to subtle in what I'm saying and expecting everyone to understand...

Hikki is a writer... A composer as well... it is her job to create songs that we will not only listen to but like as well. Just because Tippy Toe is set from a male perspective and the man has a family doesn't mean she didn't draw from personal experience when she wrote it... I have yet to read, see, or listen to any piece of well made material that the creator didn't have some experience with in some way. When a Science Fiction writer worth anything writes about something they always have a set of scientific rules that they adhere to... Romance writers do the same thing... so while they might research things for parts of the book you can't really research human interaction. You can only experience it... Now she may have had someone cheat on her but the way the song is wrote it is more likely she was the one who cheated.

People who don't know the shit storm that erupts after a person is caught cheating don't know what the hell they are talking about.

What do you mean by there are mountains in Arizona?
Posted on: 2009/4/22 15:28
  •  eni-san
      eni-san
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L it's a secret
Quote:

catseye528 wrote:
*sigh* And again I guess I'm being to subtle in what I'm saying and expecting everyone to understand...

Hikki is a writer... A composer as well... it is her job to create songs that we will not only listen to but like as well. Just because Tippy Toe is set from a male perspective and the man has a family doesn't mean she didn't draw from personal experience when she wrote it... I have yet to read, see, or listen to any piece of well made material that the creator didn't have some experience with in some way. When a Science Fiction writer worth anything writes about something they always have a set of scientific rules that they adhere to... Romance writers do the same thing... so while they might research things for parts of the book you can't really research human interaction. You can only experience it... Now she may have had someone cheat on her but the way the song is wrote it is more likely she was the one who cheated.

People who don't know the shit storm that erupts after a person is caught cheating don't know what the hell they are talking about.

i mean, i totally understand what you're saying about writing from experiences. as a poet i have to say that i mostly (or completely) write about what i know, and that's what i've experienced in some form or fashion.

...but i always thought that "Tippy Toe" was about her being the "other woman," not that she had cheated or had been cheated on...

(does this mean that hikki has actually BEEN the other woman? maybe, maybe not. *shrugs*)

or at least what i've always thought.
Posted on: 2009/4/22 15:46
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Quote:

eni-san wrote:

i mean, i totally understand what you're saying about writing from experiences. as a poet i have to say that i mostly (or completely) write about what i know, and that's what i've experienced in some form or fashion.

...but i always thought that "Tippy Toe" was about her being the "other woman," not that she had cheated or had been cheated on...

(does this mean that hikki has actually BEEN the other woman? maybe, maybe not. *shrugs*)

or at least what i've always thought.

Aahahaha. I don't know the real story behind Tippy Toe but i WILL say this ... i do NOT think all of her songs should be taken as a true-blue autobiographical piece of music. She even said herself that Come Back To Me was also in reference to her friends' experiencing with cheating as well, not just her own. I don't think CBTM should be only applied to Utada -- i think it's Utada (and others who can relate) who could be applied to CBTM. That's what pop is -- an immediate kind of relation to the words of a song. According to however Utada said it anyway. :B

I wonder if i'm making sense. >_>;
Posted on: 2009/4/22 21:59
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
it would be good if you people just leave her alone
=_=
Posted on: 2009/4/22 23:21
  •  Rando
      Rando
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20/M/Indonesia
that's good if she admit cheating, and not to repeat it again, from that experience born a new song
Posted on: 2010/1/8 18:00
  •  Mark
      Mark
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

itana1 wrote:
Quote:

ayehunny wrote:
Quote:

itana1 wrote:
Quote:

ayehunny wrote:
Quote:

Eternityluv wrote:
Wow I haven't visited here for like a week cuz of skool and now reading some shocking new...IMO people should relax a bit, why making a fuss. This is not like something that unheard of before; celebrities here in the States (like Madonna) make headline about this same topic so I don't see why we have the right to criticize her.
We're all human so we made mistake every now and then. I'm sure most of us have had cheat or lie before. So it's not fair that we hold it against her.
As a fan, the quality of the artistic works is much more important to me because cuz that's what we all enjoy right. For personal life it doesn't really matter much IMO.

The thing about Hikki's fans is that a lot claim to be fans of because she's such a lovely person with great personality. This is one main reason why so many love her, it's not only her music you know.

imo, I don't really care if she have a boyfriend, as long as she know as well as the rest of us how to take care of this person.

To say that cheating is OK just because there are tons of other celebs or people in general who does it is just stupid. It's a fcked up statement.

Takke may be right about how the Japanese think about this kind of thing, but to me that does not matter much. Hikki did wrong, there is no more to it. No idea trying to smooth it out with "everyone does it". To me it's unaccepted to do such thing. And as I said before, it does not matter who you are - I'll still not approve of it. If my friends would cheat on their boy/girlfriend I would lose a lot respect for them, even though they're my best friends. This is not how you SHOULD treat others.

This is not from a religous perspective, I'm an atheist. I'm talking about ethics and moral. Common sense.

I can stick with the "we're all just human"-thing though. :)

If you wonder: It's not like this news made me not like her music less. I just feel slightly disappointed.

(This was not necessary only a answer to your post btw, eternityluv ^^)

people might think im a dick if i say this but if you ask me, life would be pretty dull without cheating...........

well yeah, then you're (censored)ed up too. xP

Yep, i probably am maybe because im use to it or something. But in my point of view i think utada being a role model can be narrowed down in to two parts.
Success role model or personality role model
In terms of success i think everyone would like to be like her (not saying being an artist or something but the money way or something else) She is a very good example of being successful as she doesnt have to do things differently when it comes to her working life and her personal life.

However, being a role model in terms of personal life itself would be narrowed down. Utada herself has a really weird personality. She talks to her teddy bear and loves alcohol. This is not accepted by everybody unless you are someone like me who loves alcohol and enjoys casual talks with yourself or maybe even a teddy as well.( yea,i really dont have a life but i enjoy it lol) Now that she has disclosed that she has cheated on someone before, it narrows her ability of being a role model in terms of personal life even more. Im not saying cheating on someone is a good thing but it's not that bad. (like ayehunny said, im probably f**ked up in the mind but thats what i think)
By the way, shes only cheated once and shes promised that she would never cheat again. Making a mistake once isnt that bad is it?

But honestly, for me, Utada is a decent person to idolise or admire as shes successful and has a really fun personal life,well at least thats what i believe.

There is also one more thing i admire about her. It is how open she is about stuff. Evidently, she shares most of her personal things with everyone. Shes even got guts to say she has cheated on someone. That definetly deserves some credit. Even im trying to become open and honest about stuff and let me tell you, its bloody hard to say things like that in front of everyone.

itana1, do you have a link or reference to utada saying she only did it once and promising it won't happen again? I'd be interested in seeing the source.
Posted on: 2010/1/8 20:30
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
Well, I don't blame Utada. She's always said for people not to see her as a role model, and she rightly does so.
Afterall, she is still only a human, like the rest of us. Just because she's famous it's blown entirely out of proportion. This kinda stuff happens all the time, and I'm not saying it's a good thing at all (it's really not), but I'm just saying it happens more than people expect.

I'm not at all surprised Utada has made mistakes, and I doubt she's gonna stop making mistakes and being who she is just because she's in the "spotlight".
Posted on: 2010/1/9 6:04
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...5678