Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345678>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Utada admits to Cheating on Live Japanese Radio
guest_Unregistered
Wait a sec, Kiriya is gonna be on the radio with her on the 20th?

It would be sheer genius if she admitted to cheating on him and then started singing "Come Back To Me" and he said "ok, I forgive you lets get married again".

Talk about publicity, that would make headlines in America. LOL
Posted on: 2009/4/19 12:47
  •  itana1
      itana1
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Male
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
Some things you should keep to yourself.
Hikki's image has taken a huge hit over the past year and half with some of these stories.

It might be that the guy she cheated on was someone that she dated when she was young but you have to admit that even when she was with Kiriya she was seen alone with those Casshern actors late at night and that never looks good no matter how
you slice it.

First the story about her half living with known male gigolos
then admitting to haven taken an AIDS test and now this?
I'm sorry but it's hard to respect a woman who publicly admits to being a drunk and a (censored) and today I've lost a ton of respect for her.

She should feel embarrassed.

but ghost dog, you never seemed disappointed when she said she was a drunk or anything weird but why when she said she cheated on someone, you became so disappointed???

"Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return." Loveless
Posted on: 2009/4/19 13:11
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 17/F/CA
Quote:

Truten wrote:
I would be really surprised if some fans completely changed their opinion of her because of this. I have more respect for her more than ever from admitting to a past mistake. It shows she is a real human being unlike most celebrities who will never admit to something like cheating.

I'm going to enjoy Come Back To Me more now, it has a deeper purpose. Also there is usually a reason why people cheat so I don't think the fault is always on the person that cheated.

i enjoy CBTM more now... it has more meaning about it now.
Posted on: 2009/4/19 13:42
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Ohh, Utada cheated. I totally didn't see that coming.

Seriously, who cares? How long has Hikki been working now? Ten years? It's about time she had a scandal to spice things up. ;D
Not, but in all seriousness, this is NOT important. It's going to blow over in a week because Hikki has already conditioned her fan base to be used to her dirty laundry. That's what her blog is for. Unlike Britney Spears, Hikki beats the paparazzi to all her stuff because she doesn't hide anything. Her fans should be used to hearing about her personal life by now- both the good and the "bad" things.

Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
Hikki's image has taken a huge hit over the past year and half with some of these stories.

It might be that the guy she cheated on was someone that she dated when she was young but you have to admit that even when she was with Kiriya she was seen alone with those Casshern actors late at night and that never looks good no matter how
you slice it.

I'm sorry but it's hard to respect a woman who publicly admits to being a drunk and a (censored) and today I've lost a ton of respect for her.

While I agree that it's her business, I also think that means that it's her choice to talk about it publicly or not. It isn't like the paparazzi went in and dredged this out from beneath all the other stuff she's done just to make a headline. I think the reason Utada spoke about this on the radio show is because she doesn't care what people think about her. She's strong and she knows her own self-worth: why should she worry about people's perception of her now? She never has before. I think the only reason she never mentioned having cheated on a man prior to CBTM's release is because she had never written about it before. I would say, based on how openly and freely she's been discussing it in America, that Hikki doesn't even really consider her love affair a real secret. The thing is, Utada has never considered herself a "pop idol" and she's never lived the double life between "celebrity" and "human being". She goes out during the day, she does her shopping, she visits popular Japanese sites, she even goes to karaoke- and she talks about all of it in her blog. Unlike many American pop stars who are mainly separated from the general public in attitude, Utada is separated from the general public just because she happens to be famous.
I'm not trying to convince you that you're wrong, but you might want to put the situation in a different perspective. Utada is a human being, just like everyone else. She makes mistakes, and, just like other people, maybe she even has fun doing so. But I, personally, am very proud of her for not being afraid to admit those mistakes and for not feeling compelled to hide pieces of herself she doesn't want to keep locked up inside her. Too many celebrities would be quaking in their boots at the thought of having negative publicity cast upon them. I think it's a blessing that Hikki doesn't appear to care.
I WILL, however, adamantly defend her decision to come out with having gotten an AIDS test. That's simply responsibility, and everyone should be encouraged to have themselves checked. That should never be a point of embarrassment, for anyone. :3

The last thing I would add is I think this article is phrased wrongly. I don't think Utada "admits" stuff- that word carries a connotation of being somewhat reluctant or looking for an apology. I think Utada just said it, like she would anything else. I doubt it was like a confession or anything on her part. Listen to how she talks about it on the two American radio interviews: would you say she's "admitting" to it or just saying it? It's all about word interpretation. ;]
Posted on: 2009/4/19 14:08
  •  judithspeaking
      judithspeaking
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
woh! I was just going to share about how after turning on KeyHoleTV a minute ago to check out what was on Japanese channels (Monday morning over there), I came across reports from three channels (Fuji, Asahi, and Nippon) one after another all talking about Utada's admitting to cheating. I'm serious, I watched one channel until the Utada-news was over, switched to the other channel, and they'd be talking about the exact same thing.

Of course, this isn't really news, since as others have already mentioned in the comments, she did mention about it in a U.S. interview a while back.

I wanted to share some of the interview screen snapshots, but they came out so blurry that I'll just leave to the other pros out there to share what they've gathered.

--------------------------------------------------------
You can see the picture they took after the interview here:
http://countdown.tfm.co.jp/pb10/onair/guestgallery.php

I'm still digging around the site for more good stuff, but my pace is severely limited by my beginner level Japanese skills! Help anyone?
Posted on: 2009/4/19 14:58
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Posted on: 2009/4/19 20:54
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Quote:

yireh wrote:
I think it is very brave of her to admit that. I mean she could have just living her normal live as usual. Nobody seems to going to find out anyway. So, I think this is a plus for her.

Good point. Very good point.

Quote:

Kumachang wrote:
Let's just think of it as some kind of free promotion for Come Back To Me/This Is The One

ROFL. NICE WAY TO BE OPTIMISTIC. X'D

Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
Ohh, Utada cheated. I totally didn't see that coming.

Seriously, who cares? How long has Hikki been working now? Ten years? It's about time she had a scandal to spice things up. ;D
Not, but in all seriousness, this is NOT important. It's going to blow over in a week because Hikki has already conditioned her fan base to be used to her dirty laundry. That's what her blog is for. Unlike Britney Spears, Hikki beats the paparazzi to all her stuff because she doesn't hide anything. Her fans should be used to hearing about her personal life by now- both the good and the "bad" things.

Quote:

ghostdog wrote:

you slice it.

While I agree that it's her business, I also think that means that it's her choice to talk about it publicly or not. It isn't like the paparazzi went in and dredged this out from beneath all the other stuff she's done just to make a headline. I think the reason Utada spoke about this on the radio show is because she doesn't care what people think about her. She's strong and she knows her own self-worth: why should she worry about people's perception of her now? She never has before. I think the only reason she never mentioned having cheated on a man prior to CBTM's release is because she had never written about it before. I would say, based on how openly and freely she's been discussing it in America, that Hikki doesn't even really consider her love affair a real secret. The thing is, Utada has never considered herself a "pop idol" and she's never lived the double life between "celebrity" and "human being". She goes out during the day, she does her shopping, she visits popular Japanese sites, she even goes to karaoke- and she talks about all of it in her blog. Unlike many American pop stars who are mainly separated from the general public in attitude, Utada is separated from the general public just because she happens to be famous.
I'm not trying to convince you that you're wrong, but you might want to put the situation in a different perspective. Utada is a human being, just like everyone else. She makes mistakes, and, just like other people, maybe she even has fun doing so. But I, personally, am very proud of her for not being afraid to admit those mistakes and for not feeling compelled to hide pieces of herself she doesn't want to keep locked up inside her. Too many celebrities would be quaking in their boots at the thought of having negative publicity cast upon them. I think it's a blessing that Hikki doesn't appear to care.
I WILL, however, adamantly defend her decision to come out with having gotten an AIDS test. That's simply responsibility, and everyone should be encouraged to have themselves checked. That should never be a point of embarrassment, for anyone. :3

The last thing I would add is I think this article is phrased wrongly. I don't think Utada "admits" stuff- that word carries a connotation of being somewhat reluctant or looking for an apology. I think Utada just said it, like she would anything else. I doubt it was like a confession or anything on her part. Listen to how she talks about it on the two American radio interviews: would you say she's "admitting" to it or just saying it? It's all about word interpretation. ;]

I CONCUR. (lulz @ my pointless post )
Posted on: 2009/4/19 21:15
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
lotsa people cheat anyway
Posted on: 2009/4/19 22:45
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:
lotsa people cheat anyway

yeah... i admit i cheated during exams...
Posted on: 2009/4/19 22:49
  •  skylight
      skylight
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I don't really care if she cheated. Doesn't change the fact that I'm still a big fan.
Posted on: 2009/4/19 23:34
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345678>