<12345678>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: Utada admits to Cheating on Live Japanese Radio
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
why are u guys making such a big deal about hikki cheating?? who cares< everybody cheats, its how human natural are, we should be giving her applause to admit that she cheated over the radio! tats just shows how she is a normal person like her fans who makes miseaks like the rest of us. and as for her japanese fans think about her cheating, i don't think is gonna effect them at all, if it did then screw them, cuz everybody make misteaks even goddes utada hikaru so if they cannot except that hikki cheated and stop liking her, there just ignorent ppl who needs to move on in life
Posted on: 2009/4/19 23:37
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
why are u guys making such a big deal about hikki cheating?? who cares< everybody cheats, its how human natural are, we should be giving her applause to admit that she cheated over the radio! tats just shows how she is a normal person like her fans who makes miseaks like the rest of us. and as for her japanese fans think about her cheating, i don't think is gonna effect them at all, if it did then screw them, cuz everybody make misteaks even goddes utada hikaru so if they cannot except that hikki cheated and stop liking her, there just ignorent ppl who needs to move on in life

Yeah, totally, i mean everyone cheats during some point of their lives and just because Hikki cheats only makes her more human and the fact that she admits it herself is really cool. Like she could just live her life not telling anyone and everything would be fine, but she has the guts to say it, and the fans that doesnt like her now or lose some sense of respect for her, who cares?? You're just missing out on Hikki, and i think that that would suck a lot. Come on, guys, Hikki makes mistakes and so do we, take it easy on her... Personally, I love her more than ever and has a lot of respect for her because it just makes her more human...
Posted on: 2009/4/20 0:44
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
exactly =)
Posted on: 2009/4/20 0:57
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
Some things you should keep to yourself.
Hikki's image has taken a huge hit over the past year and half with some of these stories.

It might be that the guy she cheated on was someone that she dated when she was young but you have to admit that even when she was with Kiriya she was seen alone with those Casshern actors late at night and that never looks good no matter how
you slice it.

First the story about her half living with known male gigolos
then admitting to haven taken an AIDS test and now this?
I'm sorry but it's hard to respect a woman who publicly admits to being a drunk and a (censored) and today I've lost a ton of respect for her.

She should feel embarrassed.

Her admitting it makes her more human, ghostdog, how do u find it hard to respect someone who has the guts to say that? About her half living with the guy, Hikki herself said that it wasnt true, and the AIDS test, wasnt because she was messing around, but wat's wrong with getting an AIDS test, it's not like she has AIDS or anything. You know wat, she shouldnt feel embarrassed, im proug of her and proud to be her fan too...
Posted on: 2009/4/20 3:20
  •  takka
      takka
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 35/M/Japan
Quote:

why are u guys making such a big deal about hikki cheating??

I was wondering the same thing. All the heated discussions here REALLY scared me,
but I just wanted to share what people in Japan really feel regarding all this...

She hasn't done anything wrong by the Japanese standard.
America seems to be extremely conservative IMO.

In Japan, a lot of celebrities talk about their sex life on TV.
This evening I saw a female celebrity on TV and she said that she needed to have sex 5 times a day.
I thought it was funny and I'm sure most people felt the same way.

I also want to say that drinking is a huge part of our social life and talking about it
is very common. You hear it all the time on TV. Utada isn't the only one who talks about it,
and actually she doesn't even seem such a mighty drinker considering the fact that
she enjoys vodka tonic which is considered to be very light...
She should go for something stronger such as nihonshu(sake)!!!

Utada isn't an aidoru(idol) like Morning Musume... Aidoru are expected to have squeaky clean image,
but Utada is a singer-songwriter and no one expects her to be squeaky clean.

It seems that people on this board don't know much about Japan.
Posted on: 2009/4/20 8:06
  •  automatic_hikki
      automatic_hikki
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 39/F/Chicago Suburbs USA
I personally do not give a fruck.

This is the problem with society and fandom. People hold celebrities to a higher moral standard then themselves. That, or the fact that people don't think of their object of adoration has fully human.

Call me crazy, but I actually read a comment like that on another artist's board. A person admitted that they don't think of said artist as being "human". They also went on to say that they are selfish and want that artist to conform to their fantasized image of that person. Which is a bit off, in my opinion.

Hikki can screw whomever she wants, she is an adult. The fact that she got herself tested for AIDS shows that she is responsible. A lot of people are promiscuous and do not get tested. She is 26 years old, has been married, and has had boyfriends. Sex happens!

I can understand some people wishing that she did not divulge this publicly. It is her life so I am not going to fault her for that.
Posted on: 2009/4/20 8:14
  •  automatic_hikki
      automatic_hikki
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 39/F/Chicago Suburbs USA
Quote:

takka wrote:
Quote:

I was wondering the same thing. All the heated discussions here REALLY scared me,
but I just wanted to share what people in Japan really feel regarding all this...

This evening I saw a female celebrity on TV and she said that she needed to have sex 5 times a day.

I also want to say that drinking is a huge part of our social life and talking about it
is very common. You hear it all the time on TV. Utada isn't the only one who talks about it,
and actually she doesn't even seem such a mighty drinker considering the fact that

Utada isn't an aidoru(idol) like Morning Musume... Aidoru are expected to have squeaky clean image,

OMG thank you for that! Takka you said at least a couple of things that I wanted to say, but was afraid that I would be incorrect.
Posted on: 2009/4/20 8:17
  •  Semantics
      Semantics
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

takka wrote:
Quote:

Thank you sooooo much for clarifying that. Am much more relieved now. :)

Haha, you're right. For me at least -- I really don't know much about the Japanese society, even though I reside in Asia. I guess the best way to truly understand Japan is to live there for some time and experience what it's like to be Japanese? But that's out of topic so I'll *zip* now.

Personally, I'd like to know what my favorite artist is up to usually but that does not affect my love for her work. As long as Hikki is composing great music, it doesn't matter what goes on in her personal life. It does scare me a little though, when her success is undermined by things not exactly related to her art; she should be judged by her work and performance, not her lifestyle habits and whatnot.
Posted on: 2009/4/20 9:14
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
To me, it does not matter if you're an aidoru, singer-songwriter or just somebody on the street. You still should not cheat. It's somewhat like a "treat others like you want to be treated"-thing.

The thing is that I just can't think of a reason good enough to cheat on someone.

I don't approve of it in general. She did not dissappoint me neither more or less than Macdan just did when he said he had cheated on someone. And I don't care how common it is to cheat, that is not something that makes it more accepted.
Posted on: 2009/4/20 11:05
  •  catseye528
      catseye528
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 30/Only if you want to/A mountain somewhere in Arizona
Aids is actually a big problem in Japan right now... Has been for several years... I'm sure that the medical community there has started doing Aids testing as a mandatory part of a physical... which is what Hikki was doing... but I also think that the medical community has started informing their patients about their medical problems far better than they used to... If anyone would like to confirm this... or not... I don't care really. And please... if any of you had listened to Exodus, you know she cheated already... Track 6 Tippy Toe anyone...

What do you mean by there are mountains in Arizona?
Posted on: 2009/4/20 11:07
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345678>