Utada Karaoke Contest

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...8>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Utada Karaoke Contest
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Ahh! I tried listening to all of yours, but for some reason Myspace Karaoke is down for a bit (I guess for maintenance.. it is 2:51am my time) ? Either way, I'll try and rate/comment on everyone's submissions!!

I'm so glad many of you took the chance even if you feel a little uncomfortable about it. You guys are awesome, and I'm glad you guys did it anyway! ^_^
Posted on: 2009/5/7 23:55
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Ahh! I tried listening to all of yours, but for some reason Myspace Karaoke is down for a bit (I guess for maintenance.. it is 2:51am my time) ? Either way, I'll try and rate/comment on everyone's submissions!!

I'm so glad many of you took the chance even if you feel a little uncomfortable about it. You guys are awesome, and I'm glad you guys did it anyway! ^_^
Posted on: 2009/5/7 23:55
  •  Suroki
      Suroki
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 30/F
Quote:

TadakoXIII wrote:
Quote:

Suroki wrote:
I made a Facebook note with the link and an explanation, and I have 190 friends & acquaintances, less than half of which who probably care enough to click it, so I'm guessing I got 50-70 views from there. Yaaaay Facebook! ^__^

I've also been slowly inching my way off the "Most Popular" section (last on the page as of this post), and I have a feeling that's how people get the most views. 'Cause you'll click to see who's most popular, and then watch the highly viewed ones, thus perpetuating their high number of views.

Send the link to your friends and family! You have a whole week to get 100, I'm positive you'll qualify! :D

Ahahaha... well, i have... 500+ friends and acquaintances... but, see, reason why i've hardly asked my friends and family to view it is because i'm not very confident in my singing ability and i'd be a tad embarassed to have people i know... see my singing..... ;__;

also... wait, can you clarify the other thing you're mentioning?!! Like... inching your way OFF the Most Popular section ... will get people to.. wait, what, i'm confused. X'D Sorry, i'm kind of lost on that part !!

Lol, I'll see if I can explain it better. There's definitely a popular phrase for it, or something... the idea that once you get to the top, it's easier to stay on top. The people who are most popular right now will keep their high positions because their status at the top makes new people keep clicking them to see if they're really that good. Then they have a gazillion views!

None of that was really related to me mentioning my status, which probably added to your confusion. Sorry! XD
I'm slowly getting less and less "popular", hahaha. Sadly... XD

Hope that clears it up? A little...? orz
Posted on: 2009/5/7 23:52
  •  daaznfella
      daaznfella
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/M/Seattle, WA USA
Here is my wife's entry, gotta get up to that 100!

http://ksolo.myspace.com/actions/showSongProfile.do?rid=1264658&sid=28454&uid=8673881

thoughts comments?
Posted on: 2009/5/7 23:22
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Quote:

Maymay wrote:
It would be amazing if you guys could check my version out as well :)

http://ksolo.myspace.com/actions/showSongProfile.do?rid=1241553&sid=28454&uid=8657267

I hope she won't rule us out bc we didn't sing it her way D: her voice is just too amazing and I can't compete with that ;o;!

P.S. I can't wait til' the 16th when she comes to Hawaii! :3 Anybody else going?

Lawlz, i like yer confidence. XD Anyway .... no, it's most likely okay to change up the song a bit. There are already people that totally put their own spin into it. Utada even said in the vid that you can the song "however you want". I like yer cover. :D

Anyway!! Can i assume you live in Hawaii? XD Or are you gonna fly there ?? ...Also, that question is kind of off topic, i think there's another thread about that. XDDDD

Quote:

M-Valentine wrote:
http://ksolo.myspace.com/actions/showSongProfile.do?rid=1263231&sid=28454&uid=8673374

It would mean a lot if you could watch my version. It's a bit off time, and with a crappy mic I bought... well... yesterday. XP But, tell me what you think. Only 3 days to get 100 views! >.< Help!

Much love!
Machii

P.S: Sang in my hot hot HOT garage. It's over 90 degrees in Texas. POO!

O_O your vid says it's on private!! Did you rerecord another one perhaps ?!!
Posted on: 2009/5/7 22:37
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/F/USA
http://ksolo.myspace.com/actions/showSongProfile.do?rid=1263231&sid=28454&uid=8673374

It would mean a lot if you could watch my version. It's a bit off time, and with a crappy mic I bought... well... yesterday. XP But, tell me what you think. Only 3 days to get 100 views! >.< Help!

Much love!
Machii

P.S: Sang in my hot hot HOT garage. It's over 90 degrees in Texas. POO!
Posted on: 2009/5/7 19:07
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
It would be amazing if you guys could check my version out as well :)

http://ksolo.myspace.com/actions/showSongProfile.do?rid=1241553&sid=28454&uid=8657267

I hope she won't rule us out bc we didn't sing it her way D: her voice is just too amazing and I can't compete with that ;o;!

P.S. I can't wait til' the 16th when she comes to Hawaii! :3 Anybody else going?
Posted on: 2009/5/7 11:48
  •  rynoa86
      rynoa86
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Posted on: 2009/5/6 21:23
  •  Haileyscomet
      Haileyscomet
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 28 / F / WA, USA
I completely through myself out there (hopefully not under the bus) and joined the contest. I have never sung in front of people before, let alone on the internet where thousands of people can hear it. I did it all for Hikki! It would be a chance of a lifetime if I won, but I know the odds are not in my favor. There are a lot of others who are better then me, but I gave it my best shot. check it out and help me get 100 views to at least have a chance. thanks!

http://ksolo.myspace.com/actions/showSongProfile.do?rid=1257498&sid=28454&uid=1240496
Posted on: 2009/5/5 20:31
  •  Truten
      Truten
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/M/UK
Good luck guys! I can't watch them but I'm wishing you guys everything!
Posted on: 2009/5/5 12:14
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...8>