So the swine flu...

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
So the swine flu...
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
It's because of that DAMN SWINE FLU!!!!!-that my school has been closed for two weeks. I was just one week but now that they've found more cases, it's been extended ~_~. I'm dyin' here. We're not supposed to leave and congregate in highly populated areas... Or something. Too many big words! All I know is don't get around people. xD But now I'm worried about my mom cuz she works in a place with a lot of people coming in and out and on top of that she has heart problems and so it wouldn't be the best case if she got sick. Blah... But maybe I can get my friends to hang with me and vise versa. Alright, that's all.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/5/1 18:52
  •  yireh
      yireh
Re: So the swine flu...
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Gosh I hope you will be alright. Everyone in Taiwan now is also very in tense, since they confirmed that it has spread to Hongkong. We really had bad experience since SARS a few years ago.

Please keep us posted about your condition! Wish you the best.
Posted on: 2009/5/1 20:16
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
I wonder if the flu will hamper Utada's promos..

Hope you guys take care of yourselves too. Not quite sure why you're really concerned about school i mean dang no school right? Shouldn't you be more concerned with gaming now than school?
Posted on: 2009/5/1 21:10
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Im worried about Hikki..i heard that the flu went to Tokyo already, hope Hikki doesnt get it....
Posted on: 2009/5/1 21:23
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Well, the thing is I hate being at home. There isn't anything to do but clean and my house isn't all that big so that would end quick. I was playing Loz:TP but now I'm stuck in this one dungeon and don't know how to get out so I'm screwed until I find a way out. But I'm bored, that's pretty much it. I would RATHER be at school. And I hope everyone here and everyone everywhere else is okay. I would prefer that no one get sick but that's not gonna happen so I hope not many more do. At least I can look forward to Hikki's CD on the 12th and my birthday is the 16th so that means CAKE AND ICE CREAM!!! xD

Posted on: 2009/5/1 22:05
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Well to help you out bored at home, I would suggest workin out. Do some sort of workout like push-ups! That's what i would do. By the time it's school, you'll be a little stronger!

I dunno if you're the type that likes to workout at all but I just thought of suggesting.
Posted on: 2009/5/1 22:10
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
Well to help you out bored at home, I would suggest workin out. Do some sort of workout like push-ups! That's what i would do. By the time it's school, you'll be a little stronger!

I dunno if you're the type that likes to workout at all but I just thought of suggesting.

Lol. push-ups... I can do maybe ten. I'm just gonna lift the weights I got. ~_~ I'm losin a lot of muscle mass in my arms and legs and my legs used to be huge cuz I rode a bike for eight years. Lame... ~_~

Posted on: 2009/5/1 22:22
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I think it's another case of the media over-reacting.

Swine flu only has like a 4% mortality rate, which is about the same as the regular flu, which kills like 30,000 plus people in the USA alone every year. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

People who have died from swine flu have probably not received adequate medical attention or waited too long to seek it. An example, the first person to die of this waited until she was so sick that her hands and feet were turning blue because her blood was oxygen starved. If she would have gone to a doctor earlier, gotten treatment sooner her death likely would have been avoided.

If you have flu symptoms and go to a doctor, you can get anti-virals like Tamiflu and you'll be fine. People with weakened immune systems (diabetes, AIDS, etc) may have complications but in the cases of healthy adults, it's very unlikely you'd actually die from this if you seek medical attention right away.
Posted on: 2009/5/1 22:49
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 18/male/philippines
ohhh,this swine flu killed many people...
I'm very thankful that our country is not affected...

hope we pray for this
Posted on: 2009/5/2 0:34
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 17/F/USA
No, no, no, no, and NO.

I agree with Mandy.
This has all just been blown up by the media.

The REGULAR flu kills a good 3,000 people a year. But infants, elderly, and people with severe medical conditions are really the only ones at risk. People can get the flu multiple times and be okay.

Only ONE person has died from the swine flu. And that was a small child who was most likely not up to date with their shots.
The media keeps throwing around big numbers but no one has actually confirmed it was from swine flu. It could be the common flu.

It's the same thing as the Bird Flu that everyone was pissing their pants about a couple years ago. Only THREE people got it.

It's really not that big of a deal. At all.
Posted on: 2009/5/2 6:21
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12345>