Poster Thread
  •  shapleyforever
      shapleyforever
Re: Utada cancelling events? All Music Guide reviews TITO
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
I have to completely disagree with the 3.5 stars and review, the album deserves 4 to 4.5 stars easily.
These are same people who have given Britney Spears albums 4 and 4.5 stars in the past. There is no way on Earth that anything Britney has ever put out is even close to what Hikki does.
Exodus 3 stars? Am I supposed to believe that Blackout is better then Exodus? In what alternate reality do these people live in?
Sure I might sound biased but does AMG even consider in their reviews that Hikki co-produces, writes and actually sings on all the tracks without her voice being vocoded, synthed and sampled 87,000 times?
Typical American review.
If she had blonde hair and blue eyes like Taylor Swift or Britney Spears the album would recieve 4.5 stars.
A really good and honest AMG review could really help promote Hikki and the album but this 3.5 stars BS is not gonna help.
I lost a lot of respect for AMG.

I thought blackout was better then exodus. Blackout had a better theme and vibe to it. Exodus just seemed to random and out of place.

Although I think TITO deserves a 4.
Posted on: 2009/5/14 15:34
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
I have to completely disagree with the 3.5 stars and review, the album deserves 4 to 4.5 stars easily.
These are same people who have given Britney Spears albums 4 and 4.5 stars in the past. There is no way on Earth that anything Britney has ever put out is even close to what Hikki does.
Exodus 3 stars? Am I supposed to believe that Blackout is better then Exodus? In what alternate reality do these people live in?
Sure I might sound biased but does AMG even consider in their reviews that Hikki co-produces, writes and actually sings on all the tracks without her voice being vocoded, synthed and sampled 87,000 times?
Typical American review.
If she had blonde hair and blue eyes like Taylor Swift or Britney Spears the album would recieve 4.5 stars.
A really good and honest AMG review could really help promote Hikki and the album but this 3.5 stars BS is not gonna help.

4realz...

this album should of been a 5!
Posted on: 2009/5/14 23:22
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
Typical American review.

4realz...

this album should of been a 5!

Yeah, totally, TITO deserves st least 4.5 stars.
Blackout is NOT better than Exodus. Kremlin Dusk alone can beat all the other songs on Blackout
Posted on: 2009/5/15 6:05
  •  ItsDaveyJ
      ItsDaveyJ
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/m/ny
I thought I would point out how some of the other musicians who are popular fared on this website as well. Alicia Keys' albums, Fallin', Diary of Alicia Keys, and As I Am got 4, 4, and 3 1/2 stars respectively. Mariah Carey's phenominally successfull album Emancipation of Mimi got 3 stars, and both of Amy Winehouse's albums recieved 4 stars. Finally, Beyonce's I am Sasha Fierce only recieved 2 1/2 stars.

So, I'll leave it up to you to form your own opinions about this website's reviews.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:kifuxqw5ldfe~T2

And all I am going to say about that is that, I guess even he had his fair share of 2 star, 3 star records.
Posted on: 2009/5/15 19:43
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12