<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Pokemon
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Pokemon is like food.It sells itself.There hasn't been a failed PKMN project on a handheld since 1993.They could name Chimchar "Flamkey" and it wouldn't make a difference.He'd still be the opening pokemon of competitive teams.They can name Togekiss "floating whale" but as long as they still give him Body Slam,Air Slash and that Serene Grace ability,I could care less.
Posted on: 2009/7/15 6:41
  •  hikaruomega
      hikaruomega
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/Still Here
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Pokemon is like food.It sells itself.There hasn't been a failed PKMN project on a handheld since 1993.They could name Chimchar "Flamkey" and it wouldn't make a difference.He'd still be the opening pokemon of competitive teams.They can name Togekiss "floating whale" but as long as they still give him Body Slam,Air Slash and that Serene Grace ability,I could care less.

BODY SLAM??? ON A TOGEKISS?!? THAT ... wait ... would be really bad considering a physical Togekiss would die in a competitive ground (unless you hack it and its Atk+EVs equal to its max SPAtk+FullEV). However, that doesn't mean it is impossible. It's a weird way to raise your Togekiss, but it's safe. Anyway, is there a chance that they'll call Torterra "Big Turtle," or Roserade "Rose-thingy?"

Would a team of:
Suicune, Salamence, Porygon-Z, Regice, Rhyperior, and Jolteon work? (Y'know, it's one of each stat specialty)
and yes, Suicune and the other dogs are completely Standard.
Posted on: 2009/7/19 0:35
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Quote:

hikaruomega wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:

BODY SLAM??? ON A TOGEKISS?!? THAT ... wait ... would be really bad considering a physical Togekiss would die in a competitive ground (unless you hack it and its Atk+EVs equal to its max SPAtk+FullEV). However, that doesn't mean it is impossible. It's a weird way to raise your Togekiss, but it's safe. Anyway, is there a chance that they'll call Torterra "Big Turtle," or Roserade "Rose-thingy?"

Would a team of:
Suicune, Salamence, Porygon-Z, Regice, Rhyperior, and Jolteon work? (Y'know, it's one of each stat specialty)

i love you for having/loving suicune and jolteon since i have them in my team too, though i have "crystal" D: which is pretty old....but i still like it :D
Posted on: 2009/7/20 1:05
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

hikaruomega wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:

Would a team of:

Are you mad?"Serene grace:Doubles the chances of added status infliction" and "Body Slam:Phys-Normal;60 base dmg;30% chance of paralyzing your opponent".Ok....now you can't use thunder waves on Ground types or Gengar.1)they aren't effected by thunder,2)Gengar is always gonna be faster and have hidden power ice.Body slam allows you to at least get the ground types.60% of getting paralyzed with a little chip damage is Pro.I could care less about damage.I want to go first and have 3x the chance of you having your turn wasted.Suicune is good....other two are trash.Regicge?He'll die to a Scizor -_-.Rhyperior with filter is ok.Jolteon is too depending on how it's built.I wouldn't say try to build a stat specialty team....It's very conflicting.and You would need to post movesets for me to see how it looks really.
Posted on: 2009/7/20 3:53
  •  hikaruomega
      hikaruomega
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/Still Here
My Team

Jolteon:
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt/Discharge (I can't decide)
Thunder Wave
fourth move- I can't decide but right now it's toxic. Would Hidden Power do better?

PorygonZ:
Ice Beam
Charge Beam
Hyper Beam
Psychic

Salamence:
Aerial Ace/Stone Edge
Dragon Claw/Outrage
Earthquake
4th Move - Either Fire Fang or Flamethrower

Rhyperior:
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Megahorn
Brick Break

Suicune:
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Surf
Extrasensory

Regice:
Ice Beam
Ancient Power
Amnesia
Thunderbolt

What would I fix?
Posted on: 2009/7/22 15:15
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

hikaruomega wrote:
My Team

Jolteon:
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt/Discharge (I can't decide)
Thunder Wave
Nasty Plot

PorygonZ:
Ice Beam
Nasty Plot
Tri-attack
Substitute

Salamence:
Stone Edge
Outrage
Earthquake
Dragon Dance

Rhyperior:
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Megahorn
Brick Break

Suicune:
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Surf
Calm Mind

Regice:
Ice Beam
Thunder Wave
Amnesia
(if only it could learn Ice Punch,Ice shard or Icy Wind)

What would I fix?

Fixes are within the quote.I'm not sure you should even use Regice.But I don't really know what to tell you about that moveset either.It doesn't seem like it would work.
Posted on: 2009/7/22 18:11
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
i never repeat moves on my pokemon.
two of yours have ice beam, so idk.
Posted on: 2009/7/22 19:27
  •  hikaruomega
      hikaruomega
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/Still Here
Quote:

jesuislm wrote:
i never repeat moves on my pokemon.
two of yours have ice beam, so idk.

yeah, but ice beam is a core move unless it is a physical set or if they cannot use it. (Y'know for ice moves)

P.S. Regice can learn Icy Wind.
Posted on: 2009/7/23 14:40
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Mmmm ... is it bad that I have been playing the original pokemon red? I feel so unfamiliar with the new pokemon
Posted on: 2009/7/23 17:26
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Quote:

CB3X wrote:
Mmmm ... is it bad that I have been playing the original pokemon red? I feel so unfamiliar with the new pokemon

I don't think its bad at all :DDDDDDD
Posted on: 2009/7/23 18:09
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>