Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Who has bought This is the One on CD Today? 05/12/09
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 00/F/CityofWonder
mOi !

Here's a Pic of my Mom grabbing one @ FYE.. i grabbed one too.. soo 1+1=2 CoPies =D

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3660/3526932268_6e49234a64_o.jpg
Posted on: 2009/5/12 16:41
  •  sswx2187
      sswx2187
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Welcome to the forum kinghikari009!! I don't post often but I always come back.. I hope you do as well!

Ok.. I was one of the first to hate on Come Back To Me when I heard it; I thought I had this album allllll figured out. I am extremely happy I waited for the cd version with the bonus tracks or I would have flipped shit. Hikki.. In my opinion, and obviously I am not your target demographic, some of the tracks I can skip over.. others I enjoy the lyrics but cannot get geniunly in to. I thought at first I had grown past my liking of your sound.. your lyrics.. your image. The bonus tracks were your savior. And I have a few thoughts about why you decide to make these bonus tracks the way you did.. My first reaction.. literally two seconds into Simple & Clean was.. "Oh F&$K no she didn't!!!" (negatively)

Somehow, despite my best efforts to despise the fact that you used the same melodies.. Your lyrics connected with me on a personal level.. I empathized with everything you said. It brought back certain memories which were furthest from my mind. I love you for this. Maybe I was not supposed to 'get' this album; I'd have, on the first half glance, given you a C-.. It was something that would get buried in my music only to be uncovered and somewhat appreciated a year down the road, maybe. However in my mind, bonus tracks included, this possibly has become the maxim of your work thus far. It is hard for me, on multiple levels, to get into several of the tracks on this album. They do not speak to me. However, I do like what you have to say in several parts. I can see these becoming guilty pleasures. Regardless, this album in all of its differences with your previous English work is a perfect companion to Exodus 04

I doubt you will see this. I always doubt so I don't get my hopes up.. And I never do. But if you do read this I hope you don't take this to offense; I don't think you will. Thank you Hikaru.

-SS
(PS I am your friend on facebook and I never hoped for your number(Come to Chicago, beautiful B*tch!(Yes East Bound & Down reference. You like Will Ferrell's comedy, right?)))
Posted on: 2009/5/12 17:09
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
I did! It just came in the mail a couple of hours ago. So excited. xD
My sister and I are going to have a crazy listening party in our living room, blasting the stereo, in a little while after she finishes her homework. It will be epic.
And the album cover looks way, way better in real life than it does on the internet. There's a different depth to it somehow...I don't know. Suddenly, I just like it a lot more.
Yay for the physical release! I want to get a picture of me and my sister with the album later. Maybe I'll post it up when I do. ^^

Love & Life,
Shuri/Eli
Posted on: 2009/5/12 17:24
  •  Utadafan1026
      Utadafan1026
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I did! I actually had a Crappy day at school and when I entered FYE, and Picked Up Utada's CD I felt like all my problems melted away! I was really excited while actually buying the CD that I think the Cashier looked at me in a funny way. But Who cares? I care NOT!! I'm actually listening to Dirty Desire Right now! God, this is such a great album! *Ps sorry for the rant!*
Posted on: 2009/5/12 17:33
  •  daaznfella
      daaznfella
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/M/Seattle, WA USA
i just got it, my fye was one of the ones where she was supposed to visit, so i guess they were passing out some of the small promo posters, i'll take pictures for you guys later

every track is the same no? no differences to anything?
Posted on: 2009/5/12 17:44
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
i preordered it on amazon since march. X'D it got shipped two days ago. so i have mine now. [i]mwahahahahahahahhaahahahahhaa.
Posted on: 2009/5/12 17:45
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Ohhh!!! I just got home from work :] im going to shower and to FYE...its just about a minute away from home O.o
Posted on: 2009/5/12 17:49
  •  autumnmycat
      autumnmycat
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 21/F/OH
Well, I tried to buy TITO but they didn't have it at Best Buy and they did have it at Barnes and Noble but they had sold their copy. I guess its a good thing because there are more Utada fans in Erie then realized. O.o I picked up Exodus though because I only have the digital version. I love the booklet for Exodus. =3
Posted on: 2009/5/12 17:53
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
Quote:

daaznfella wrote:
i just got it, my fye was one of the ones where she was supposed to visit, so i guess they were passing out some of the small promo posters, i'll take pictures for you guys later

every track is the same no? no differences to anything?

Nope everything's the same. Well if you count the bonus tracks different but you already knew that.

It's strange. I remember reading that the physical release would have the Japanese track listing, but it has the original American track list. hmm?
Posted on: 2009/5/12 17:59
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Quote:

BokuWaDevil光 wrote:
Nope everything's the same. Well if you count the bonus tracks different but you already knew that.

It's strange. I remember reading that the physical release would have the Japanese track listing, but it has the original American track list. hmm?

..Yeah. I think the American track list is weird. I'm too used to the Japanese one. XD I'll get used to it though.
Posted on: 2009/5/12 18:08
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>