Who has bought This is the One on CD Today? 05/12/09

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Who has bought This is the One on CD Today? 05/12/09
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
i preordered it on amazon since march. X'D it got shipped two days ago. so i have mine now. [i]mwahahahahahahahhaahahahahhaa.
Posted on: 2009/5/12 17:45
  •  daaznfella
      daaznfella
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/M/Seattle, WA USA
i just got it, my fye was one of the ones where she was supposed to visit, so i guess they were passing out some of the small promo posters, i'll take pictures for you guys later

every track is the same no? no differences to anything?
Posted on: 2009/5/12 17:44
  •  Utadafan1026
      Utadafan1026
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I did! I actually had a Crappy day at school and when I entered FYE, and Picked Up Utada's CD I felt like all my problems melted away! I was really excited while actually buying the CD that I think the Cashier looked at me in a funny way. But Who cares? I care NOT!! I'm actually listening to Dirty Desire Right now! God, this is such a great album! *Ps sorry for the rant!*
Posted on: 2009/5/12 17:33
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
I did! It just came in the mail a couple of hours ago. So excited. xD
My sister and I are going to have a crazy listening party in our living room, blasting the stereo, in a little while after she finishes her homework. It will be epic.
And the album cover looks way, way better in real life than it does on the internet. There's a different depth to it somehow...I don't know. Suddenly, I just like it a lot more.
Yay for the physical release! I want to get a picture of me and my sister with the album later. Maybe I'll post it up when I do. ^^

Love & Life,
Shuri/Eli
Posted on: 2009/5/12 17:24
  •  sswx2187
      sswx2187
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Welcome to the forum kinghikari009!! I don't post often but I always come back.. I hope you do as well!

Ok.. I was one of the first to hate on Come Back To Me when I heard it; I thought I had this album allllll figured out. I am extremely happy I waited for the cd version with the bonus tracks or I would have flipped shit. Hikki.. In my opinion, and obviously I am not your target demographic, some of the tracks I can skip over.. others I enjoy the lyrics but cannot get geniunly in to. I thought at first I had grown past my liking of your sound.. your lyrics.. your image. The bonus tracks were your savior. And I have a few thoughts about why you decide to make these bonus tracks the way you did.. My first reaction.. literally two seconds into Simple & Clean was.. "Oh F&$K no she didn't!!!" (negatively)

Somehow, despite my best efforts to despise the fact that you used the same melodies.. Your lyrics connected with me on a personal level.. I empathized with everything you said. It brought back certain memories which were furthest from my mind. I love you for this. Maybe I was not supposed to 'get' this album; I'd have, on the first half glance, given you a C-.. It was something that would get buried in my music only to be uncovered and somewhat appreciated a year down the road, maybe. However in my mind, bonus tracks included, this possibly has become the maxim of your work thus far. It is hard for me, on multiple levels, to get into several of the tracks on this album. They do not speak to me. However, I do like what you have to say in several parts. I can see these becoming guilty pleasures. Regardless, this album in all of its differences with your previous English work is a perfect companion to Exodus 04

I doubt you will see this. I always doubt so I don't get my hopes up.. And I never do. But if you do read this I hope you don't take this to offense; I don't think you will. Thank you Hikaru.

-SS
(PS I am your friend on facebook and I never hoped for your number(Come to Chicago, beautiful B*tch!(Yes East Bound & Down reference. You like Will Ferrell's comedy, right?)))
Posted on: 2009/5/12 17:09
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 00/F/CityofWonder
mOi !

Here's a Pic of my Mom grabbing one @ FYE.. i grabbed one too.. soo 1+1=2 CoPies =D

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3660/3526932268_6e49234a64_o.jpg
Posted on: 2009/5/12 16:41
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
I have just bought it. I'm listening to it.
Listening to Utada's new stuff and teh old (Simple And Clean and the other bonus trakcs) I've noticed that he voice have really matured and grown she almost don't sound like the old Hikki. I think it's strange how even you're voice changes as you go year to year.
Posted on: 2009/5/12 16:24
  •  utadagal09
      utadagal09
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I FINALLY got it at Barnes and Noble, even though there really wasn't a reason to reserve it; there were only 10 copies. WFT?! Anyways, I'm so proud of myself for not downloading ANY of the tracks and waiting for it to come out so I can support Utada as much as I can! I'm telling all of my friends and family about her, and letting them listen (but not borrow) to TITO. I hope that she'll eventually break through, which I know she will cause she's so awesome! Feel better soon Utada-san!
Posted on: 2009/5/12 13:54
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
KINGHIKARI009's FIRST POST EVER (@ Utada Net Anyway-lol!)...
AHHH but the short answer to the subject is: YES! My 1st time buying a Utada release on its first day of availability! I bought it @ the Border?s down the street from my school w/ a 30% off list 1-item coupon for less than 8 bucks around noon! It was only one of 2 or 3 copies in the whole place, which was interesting because last night the Best Buy closest to my house said that they?d only have three copies in their Pop/Rock section on today. Hopefully if whatever number American stores ordered sells out quickly enough, the sales will get faster and faster by word of mouth! Love the glossy booklet and impressive photos as always, I think its just as becoming as any of gher other album covers, and of course the 3 bonus tracks are the icing on the cake! All prejudices aside, the Simple & Clean/Sanctuary suite flows better here than it would?ve on any previous release of hers and is a perfect conclusion all the same! Can?t wait 2 listen to it when I get in the car on the way home; Everybody make sure to e-mail/facebook/text,etc. all your music-loving pals, ?This is the One? TRUE chance to make a difference in her International Stardom status! Since its @ such an awesome price as well, please buy one physically even if you already have the Itunes version and show yourself a real fan!

Hope she feels better soon! Get well hikki, the world is ready for you to conquer whenever you are!
Posted on: 2009/5/12 13:49
  •  sswx2187
      sswx2187
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I bought mine at FYE also.. I'm so glad Hikki was able to get the price down to such a reasonable cost.. but.. she WASN'T ON THE NEW RELEASE SHELF!!! WTF. (ME PISSED)
Posted on: 2009/5/12 13:29
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>