Utada to perform Evangelion 2.0 theme song

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...8>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Utada to perform Evangelion 2.0 theme song
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Maaya Sakamoto is in it ?? I haven't looked into Eva 2.0 at all, i didn't know there was a new chara... X'D It WOULD make sense if Maaya sang a theme, but.... Lulz, Utada. I like both of them, wonder what a duet would sound like.... hmmmm!
Posted on: 2009/5/18 0:17
  •  teiku5
      teiku5
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L USA
I wonder when the song is going to be released or the single since the movie itself is due next month and still no word on it. I even wonder if she has even finished recording the vocals for it before her condition.
Posted on: 2009/5/23 18:29
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
I kinda expected that she would do the song for this... I mean I kinda expected she will do the theme song for the next movie, because of the "To Be Continue..." at the end of the previous one...

But I have no idea what will be the song like... hahha
Posted on: 2009/5/26 8:11
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Quote:

Yesterday I asked a friend to translate for me, and he translated that they will use "Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words) -2007 MIX-" for the theme... so I guess there will be no new song coming up... at least for this film...
Posted on: 2009/6/10 0:07
  •  CherrySoda
      CherrySoda
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/F/NC
Quote:

Macdan wrote:
Quote:

Yesterday I asked a friend to translate for me, and he translated that they will use "Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words) -2007 MIX-" for the theme... so I guess there will be no new song coming up... at least for this film...

Aw...Disappointing. :(
Posted on: 2009/6/10 13:27
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Macdan wrote:
Quote:

Is your friend Japanese because I'm pretty sure it doesn't say that in the article.

First off It would make zero sense to use Fly me to the Moon as a theme song.
That's a song that always played during the ending credits of the OVA series and was used in the trailers.
It's sorta used as a backdrop or a precursor ( not sure if I'm using the right words) to the actual theme song which is usually epic in scale such as Cruel Angel's Thesis and Beautiful World.

They would never use that song as a theme to this movie.
Consider how unbelievably lame that would be?

Here is the official press release to put people's minds at ease:

Japan?s MyCom Journal has confirmed that Utada will once again helm the theme song to the upcoming Evangelion film ?Evangelion 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance,? set for release in Japan on June 27th, 2009. The as yet untitled track will be a follow up to Utada?s 2007 Japanese hit ?Beautiful World,? which was the theme song to ?Evangelion 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone.? No release date or other details for the single/song have been announced.

Check the first post of this thread.
Posted on: 2009/6/10 14:32
  •  Raito
      Raito
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Fly Me To the Moon is being used on the movie trailer.

I think they'll probably release this new song as a digital download since there's only 2 weeks until the movie is out.
Posted on: 2009/6/10 14:45
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22/M/Earth
i hope she performs thos songs :D

i love her version of fly me to the moon
Posted on: 2009/6/10 15:31
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
Quote:

Macdan wrote:
Quote:

Is your friend Japanese because I'm pretty sure it doesn't say that in the article.

First off It would make zero sense to use Fly me to the Moon as a theme song.
That's a song that always played during the ending credits of the OVA series and was used in the trailers.
It's sorta used as a backdrop or a precursor ( not sure if I'm using the right words) to the actual theme song which is usually epic in scale such as Cruel Angel's Thesis and Beautiful World.

They would never use that song as a theme to this movie.
Consider how unbelievably lame that would be?

Here is the official press release to put people's minds at ease:

Japan?s MyCom Journal has confirmed that Utada will once again helm the theme song to the upcoming Evangelion film ?Evangelion 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance,? set for release in Japan on June 27th, 2009. The as yet untitled track will be a follow up to Utada?s 2007 Japanese hit ?Beautiful World,? which was the theme song to ?Evangelion 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone.? No release date or other details for the single/song have been announced.

Check the first post of this thread.

My friend is not a Japanese but he has taken enough Japanese to be enrolled in the Tokyo University... So I kinda trust his translation...

But on the first paragraph it says that the new movie will be release on 27th June and the singer of the theme song will be Utada Hikaru, announced on May 16th. In replacement of the previous Evangelion theme song, Beautiful World, this new series will use 「Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words) -2007 MIX-」

That is what he told me... I am not very sure whether whether did he make a mistake in translating, or they will really use Fly Me To The Moon or not...
Posted on: 2009/6/10 21:54
  •  knitoe
      knitoe
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Posted on: 2009/6/11 9:21
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...8>