<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Re: Vote Utada!
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
The wonder girls fans are hitting back! My fellow hikki fans! Let us rise up and make it rain on them with our Utada votes! Let us beat this colossus, making hikki become the underdog of this poll!
Posted on: 2009/5/21 16:17
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
lets do it!!!
Posted on: 2009/5/21 16:22
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
How about if we put some comments with the link on some utada youtube videos, so that other fans can know about the voting?

i still don't understand what wg is doing in the poll
Posted on: 2009/5/21 17:13
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Quote:

aquaticdragons wrote:
How about if we put some comments with the link on some utada youtube videos, so that other fans can know about the voting?

Good idea! Spread the word! I'll go to some kingdom hearts forums!
Posted on: 2009/5/21 17:18
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Quote:

aquaticdragons wrote:

I KNOW RIGHT?? As far as i know, they've only done one event (a concert) in NYC and ... that's about it. They don't even have a CD out. I mean, i love the Wonder Girls and all and theyr catchy beats gets to me and I love their dancing... but... my loyalty lies with Utada, i can't choose WG over Hikki. No offense to WG. Utada should have a much better chance at this. Hikki just needs to be better marketted and stuff! Her CD is frickin' dynamite but the success rate we've been waiting for has been slow (i think, correct me if i'm wrong plz)... >_> ...but, augh, WG hasn't done much promo at all compared to UTada so WTFWTFWTF. o_<
Posted on: 2009/5/21 19:07
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

TadakoXIII wrote:
Quote:

aquaticdragons wrote:

I KNOW RIGHT?? As far as i know, they've only done one event (a concert) in NYC and ... that's about it. They don't even have a CD out. I mean, i love the Wonder Girls and all and theyr catchy beats gets to me and I love their dancing... but... my loyalty lies with Utada, i can't choose WG over Hikki. No offense to WG. Utada should have a much better chance at this. Hikki just needs to be better marketted and stuff! Her CD is frickin' dynamite but the success rate we've been waiting for has been slow (i think, correct me if i'm wrong plz)... >_> ...but, augh, WG hasn't done much promo at all compared to UTada so WTFWTFWTF. o_<

Not to undermine anything you're saying, because I agree as a rule, but I do have to disagree about Utada's success coming too slow. I think Hikki's fans tend to be a little impatient when it comes to her making the big numbers and reaching the audience we all want her to because she shot right to stardom in Japan. But most musical artists in America aren't like Britney Spears: it takes a long time to get noticed. An oft-stated example is Lady GaGa, whose hit single I believe was out for almost a year before it caught on and brought her the super-fame we're seeing now. Most artists actually take much, much longer to get recognized in the American market. Now, granted, "Exodus" was treated very, very poorly and its marketing was terrible, but I think IDJ has put forth an honest effort with "This Is The One", and just as long as they don't give up on it now, I'm hoping I won't end up eating my words. There are just a lot of different factors that play into reaching a wide American audience in the stagnant music market we see today, most of which is really out of Utada and her management's hands. That's why it's up to us to promote her on a grassroots level!

That being said, has anyone else been having trouble posting comments on YouTube videos? I was trying to follow aquaticdragons's suggestion and promote her via her most-viewed videos, but my comments aren't appearing for some reason. Maybe YouTube is just glitching. I'll try it again later. :3
Posted on: 2009/5/21 19:34
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Yah mine haven't showed up either. I posted about 4 messages on some of the most popular vids. Maybe it's busy..

But yeah i do feel what you're saying Shurikid.. Perhaps Utada just needs some time. I mean i haven't really heard much of Maino yet, at least on the street level of things.

I voted again! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
Posted on: 2009/5/21 20:18
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
Quote:

TadakoXIII wrote:
Quote:

aquaticdragons wrote:

Not to undermine anything you're saying, because I agree as a rule, but I do have to disagree about Utada's success coming too slow. I think Hikki's fans tend to be a little impatient when it comes to her making the big numbers and reaching the audience we all want her to because she shot right to stardom in Japan. But most musical artists in America aren't like Britney Spears: it takes a long time to get noticed. An oft-stated example is Lady GaGa, whose hit single I believe was out for almost a year before it caught on and brought her the super-fame we're seeing now. Most artists actually take much, much longer to get recognized in the American market. Now, granted, "Exodus" was treated very, very poorly and its marketing was terrible, but I think IDJ has put forth an honest effort with "This Is The One", and just as long as they don't give up on it now, I'm hoping I won't end up eating my words. There are just a lot of different factors that play into reaching a wide American audience in the stagnant music market we see today, most of which is really out of Utada and her management's hands. That's why it's up to us to promote her on a grassroots level!

That being said, has anyone else been having trouble posting comments on YouTube videos? I was trying to follow aquaticdragons's suggestion and promote her via her most-viewed videos, but my comments aren't appearing for some reason. Maybe YouTube is just glitching. I'll try it again later. :3

Np! Fair game and a very, very good point!! That response actually made me feel a bit better...

In terms of YouTube .... uhh, i dunno, it's always glitchy for me but it comes and goes. >.>
Posted on: 2009/5/21 20:32
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Haha, glad to hear it, Tadako. :3

And I've been voting like crazyyyy~! When the heck does this poll close, anyway?! xD

Shuri/Eli
Posted on: 2009/5/21 21:30
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
hopefully it wont close until after hikki wins by a landslide xD i vote several times a day lolz
Posted on: 2009/5/21 22:51
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>