<123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Ju-on on Wii
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
I just wish they would have Cel-shaded it....I know I say that a lot but it would have worked.BEAUTIFULLY.
Posted on: 2009/7/6 20:33
  •  Studebaker
      Studebaker
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
I watched The Grudge 3 for laughs. And it was very laughable.

As for this game, I'd certainly try to play it when it's released. Looks like the developers got the atmosphere down pat, if not better.
Posted on: 2009/7/2 13:38
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
ic ic the u.s version are crap tho
Posted on: 2009/7/2 2:45
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Aijin....There are 4 Ju-on movies.and the 2 US remakes.I own 6 them of all.I can show you cover art.And I stand corrected.The game is said to be in coalition with the 2 New Ju-On movies hitting theaters this year.So I guess Tanaka only said screw the US 3rd installment.<----and I stand corrected again.They have a new actress for Kayako in both films it seems.Must be a full time Seiyuu now.
Posted on: 2009/6/29 2:00
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
How that I've seen screenshots....I think I'll rant a little more.

The graphic quality isn't at fault here....Was Resident Evil 4 not on the Gamecube(Which was the most powerful console of it's gen)?This a flaw in character design.Kayako and the KidKat Kid Toshio look like they were heavy of the budget.They have time to fix it.and I hope they do.XSeed isn't a company I look to for perfection though.They publish stuff more often.Them and Marvelous have a problem with VanillaWare/Atlus titles(Odin SPhere,Grim Grimoire,Eternal Prison).They published them and Japan and Europe and they sell like crap.But when they come here and Atlus publishes them.VIOLA...The money train rolls in.XSEED and Marvelous lost profits on 3 games that way.XSeed could be in a hole and this is the best they can do for the time being :/.
Posted on: 2009/6/29 1:52
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
nah ju-on is the grudge, but in japanese, U.S remade it
Posted on: 2009/6/29 1:42
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Well It seems like a I have to correct a lot in this thread.

1)Aijin,Ju-On:The Grudge was better written than The Grudge but the american movie felt more scary.Ju-on:The Grudge 2 however was no doubt scarier than The Grudge 2.(I have to say "Ju-On:The Grudge" because there are 2 other Ju-On before them which are dubbed "Ju-On:The Curse")

2)Though I have yet to see screenshots or hear story,I think they had a good idea in mind going to nintendo on this one.Because let alone will the game be affordable,It would be Available.Don't believe the hype.Japan owns more 360s and Wii than PS3.

3)Everyone doesn't die from the curse.You have to have seen something you shouldn't in the house to get killed actually.But stepping foot in it entitles Kayako and Toshio to haunt your dumbass.The main character of the first movie actually would have dammit survive if she never went back in the damn house.But it's best to kill yourself(as morbid as that sounds),because if you get killed by the curse then they'll attach it to your corpse and use your body to spread it.(By the way the original Kayako and Toshio left the cast,so I don't even this Shimizu's gonna do the long awaited 3 installment for Japan's series.

4)There was a Ring game.Dreamcast,it's named.....,You guessed it,"The Ring".It was laughably bad.They learned their lesson.And about that 7 days and you die thing not working for a game.They did that with "Shin Megami Tensei:Devil Survivor" as a plot device and it works very well.It went as far as even give reason for the game being such a challenge.If you care to know more about that amazing new game I'll start a thread for it just in case.It's a NDS title by the way.

5)My personal suggestions for development would be something along the lines of "Nanashi no Game".As bad as that game sold,It was the first and only DS title to make such a daring angle at a survival horror game.It was an amazing experience for me.It felt very realistic in the sense of "HOLY (censored) I DON'T WANT FIGHT THIS THING!!!!HowCANI??@?@?I'm running!!!".I do believe that's Square's(soft/Enix) 3rd attempt at a horror game and I think they had something with this one.The first tries were Parasite Eve 1&2(the original book and movie were Horror the game came 2yrs after and is merely inspired by aspects of the book),though good games.You can't say they were so much as horror.The game's mythology just makes so much sense that it would scare you that this could be real.Drifting from my point......first person or slanted overhead 3rd person,No weapons.Story/gameplay progress due to various actions(hopefully not linear ones.If I decided to close the door to the room when I enter as to leaving it cracked so it does make a slam,it should effect how safe I am and possibly how I have to continue the story/chapter.),an original story is always possible with a Ju-on installment so that too,and last but not least,LOTS OF CHARACTERS EFFECTED BY THE CURSE AND LOTS MORE LOCATIONS.The Siren games obviously took that from the Original Ju-On films so let them show them that they can still do it just as good.(if not better)

Ok I'm done.Hopes you enjoyed teh rant :D
Posted on: 2009/6/29 1:38
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

Macdan wrote:
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

Macdan wrote:
It looks good... at least the screenshot looks good... but I think the graphics would be even better or scarier on PS3... lol

I wish they release also on PS3 its gonna be awesome on everything.

Btw on JU-ON no one survive right, so what will happen to us who play it

I guess, when you beat the final boss of the game, then the boss end up killing you? that is how everyone dies... hahaha

I wish they also made a The Ring : The Game
And if you don't finish the game in 7 Days you will die IRL

And if the game is based off of the clock in your console, then that really is 7 days!

LOL sounds like a rental
Posted on: 2009/6/11 0:16
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

Macdan wrote:
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

Macdan wrote:
It looks good... at least the screenshot looks good... but I think the graphics would be even better or scarier on PS3... lol

I guess, when you beat the final boss of the game, then the boss end up killing you? that is how everyone dies... hahaha

I wish they also made a The Ring : The Game
And if you don't finish the game in 7 Days you will die IRL
Posted on: 2009/6/10 2:18
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

Macdan wrote:

Posted on: 2009/6/10 2:03
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>