<1234567>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  tempest_phoenix
      tempest_phoenix
Re: Current situation of Hikki?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/M/NorthernIreland
Hey there everyone! I'm sure Hikki will be fine, she's still recovering probably, and also remember last year during the Summer Hikki was sick and lost lots of weight, so maybe to Tokyo heat isn't helping much either. Even if she is better already, that probably means she's just busy working on new Japanese material, something i very much look forward to.
Posted on: 2009/6/11 8:54
  •  CherrySoda
      CherrySoda
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/F/NC
Quote:

tempest_phoenix wrote:
Hey there everyone! I'm sure Hikki will be fine, she's still recovering probably, and also remember last year during the Summer Hikki was sick and lost lots of weight, so maybe to Tokyo heat isn't helping much either. Even if she is better already, that probably means she's just busy working on new Japanese material, something i very much look forward to.

I agree with Phoenix.
Plus, didn't she say earlier in the year that she was working on TWO Japanese singles??? Or was that my imagination? ('w')?
Posted on: 2009/6/11 9:06
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Reading this makes me smile and happy it certainly makes it all worth waiting for
Posted on: 2009/6/11 12:11
  •  sakurablooms13
      sakurablooms13
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/female
I got something to say...While Hikki is recovering we should definitely do something underground and that is on a certain date we should all go to her Come Back to me Music Video make sure it is the one under Island Def Jam and just keep refreshing the video so that she can get more views and she can be on their Youtubes videos main page. When Island Def Jam and Utada see this they will know it is time to come out, trust me I've seen this happen before. All we need is a scheduled day and a lot of fans. If anyone wants to do this please reply.
Posted on: 2009/6/11 14:58
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Quote:

Hikki101 wrote:
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:
I do not know what to think of Utada Hikaru's 'lack of promotion' in the US. Perhaps Island believes that she isn't going to 'make it', or perhaps UH herself is not willing to promote as much as she should, or could.

As a fan, I just hope that UH is not dead at this time.

What do u expect, she's sick, man. Give her a break...

Give her a break? It goes without saying. I'm a fan, I'll buy her stuff (so long as its good) regardless. Objectively, I worry about her success in the states.

Dear Pips_Paradise,

I don't mind verbose posters. After all, I come to Hikaru-forums to READ what other people have to say. Else, I'd stick to U.Blog and just read the news articles. What good is a forum devoid of discussion?

Thank you for the self-introduction. You should make a thread in the General Discussion bit of the forum about yourself, and a general greeting if you have not already done so.

This forum is full of all types of fans. From the crazy "I wanna marry Hikki." types to the more pragmatic, removed and cynical types. (We're not always welcome). Tons of lurkers abound.

If you're saving up to do something Hikki, I can guess that there should be -some- type of tour (likely Japanese) in the next two years, as she does not seem on retiring at 28 as she once thought. It would be prudent to conveniently visit family in Japan AND see Hikki live. Random: Hikki as a housewife - strange thought.

Bluntly speaking, it's rather odd that you refer to Hikki has a 'big sister'. Perhaps I read too deeply into a simple figure of speech, but it seems that the useage here implies an almost unhealthy obsession.

Since you do have family in Japan, you should milk those contacts for all they're worth and start up this monstrous collection of paraphenalia - or at least assist those of us who are into that kind of thing.

For the record, I enjoy reading posts that consist more than, "Yeah, lol."

(See, I can be cool and young, too.)
Posted on: 2009/6/11 15:06
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22/M/Earth
I honestly hope she promotes more soon ( im not sure if shes better yet but if anyone knows let me know :D ) but if she doesnt then its whatever i think cuz she'll still be fine in japan and to be honest most of the american addience only sees what shes has come out with now ( meaning the tito album ) and i dont think thats good promotion for her cuz it will just catigorize her as some shes not.

i hope that makes sense . . .

much luv & take care

A5UKA
Posted on: 2009/6/11 18:29
  •  CherrySoda
      CherrySoda
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/F/NC
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:

Bluntly speaking, it's rather odd that you refer to Hikki has a 'big sister'. Perhaps I read too deeply into a simple figure of speech, but it seems that the useage here implies an almost unhealthy obsession.

I wouldn't go as far to say it's an "unhealthy obsession". Geez, the girl is 18. Young people (myself included) need positive role models such as Hikki to look up to and I believe that's what she meant when she was referring to Hikki as a "big sister".
Posted on: 2009/6/11 18:42
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
This is a strange thread let me bring people back to reality.

1. Do not try and contact her record company to try and find out if she is ok. Why? You will probably get added to a fan stalker watchlist because that is not normal fan behaviour.

We're all concerned about her but people gotta chill out for real.

2. She's fine.
I think she got burned out on all the promotional activities and interviews and she is just chillin' out and taking it easy so give her some space.
She said during her Yahoo interview in May that she was not in the mood to post in her blog right now.

So everybody relax, she will very soon be posting again her in blog.
Posted on: 2009/6/11 22:38
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
Hi Hikki100 very nice to meet you thanks very much?.. you are going to have to help me with Utadanet etiquette, I do write too much, and talk too much when with friends, can also be blunt too, but hopefully polite with it, I think. I totally share your concern
But I feel we are just clocks ticking, were do we go? do we just wait ? if so for how long? my friends in Japan are asking the same questions. I would like your opinion, please write as much as you like. lol

Dont worry about the name, Pips_Paradise, i dont mind it, really. Anyways, i kinda get what u mean by "the clock is ticking" but dont worry, Hikki's been in this business for a while, she knows how to do it. U dont have to be shy about worrying about her, everyone eles is too. It's not like she's dying, so everyone just chill.
Posted on: 2009/6/11 22:48
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Hello everyone,

Amaterasu the sister thing does sound a bit over the top, however to be certified hikki obssessed I will need to post more I?m just a Newbie at the moment (lol) , and I don?t want posts to sound so speechy either!

When I speak about my family in Japan, Grand parents , uncles , aunts, friends I think you know I mean , that I visit twice yearly on average, and is shamefully to admit , but it?s a culture I know really nothing about.

Being born and educated here in England, I feel English, I speech with a English London accent, but my appearance is of Japanese decent totally from my face to my feet, and I not complaining, people sometimes ask me how I got here from ?China? but that just makes me laugh, I may be taller and have pale skin that turns lobster in the sun but these are the only physical characteristic, Hikki spent allot of her early childhood in NYK, and this is what I can connect with and when I first heard her American accent coming out of her, I started to ask who she was.
I had started to get to know my family in Japan, and they sent me Utada stuff, and it has been like this ever since.

My written and spoken Japanese is appalling, when staying in Tokyo people stare opened mouthed when they hear me speak. Lol

Younger family members and friends carry little translators so we can communicate. We have so much fun.
But older family members are no so forgiving and get irate when I wear tradition dress and shout English football chants like ?on me ?ead son?.

I feel much happier now I am able to share openly with you all and hopefully other Utadanet Hikki fans, and if my long posts are to long say and I try to make shorter.

Please please tell me a little about yourselves, most of my friend are not Utada fans (but they are coming round), what makes you love, like, listen to Utada, what do you do on weekends?.

So Hikki101, Ghostdog , tempest_phoenix, CherrySoda, sakurablooms13, Amaterasu, ASUKA, Paisith (fellow Newbie) thanks for listening and yes we are probably going to have to sit this one out, the last list I would want to be on is one for fan stalkers.

So Ghostdog when your clock stops ticking you say so.
Posted on: 2009/6/12 2:42
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>