•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: Current situation of Hikki?
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
Please please tell me a little about yourselves, most of my friend are not Utada fans (but they are coming round), what makes you love, like, listen to Utada, what do you do on weekends?.

About this one, why don't make another thread so it doesn't off topic . Thank You

Anyway we are welcome with new member, no need to worry about how long your comment or everything as long everybody respect each other
Posted on: 2009/6/12 2:55
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Hi SwallowTail moved to Newbie thread consider my wrist slapped sorry
Posted on: 2009/6/12 6:56
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Utada's sickness definitely threw a wrench into the whole machine behind TITO. Early promotion is crucial to an album release and since TITO unfortunately couldn't enjoy such promotion, now IDJ is probably trying to figure out how to proceed. Releasing another single will be difficult because the album probably already has a 'flop' reputation to it and that'll just make it harder to find support at radio.

If I were to guess I'd say the next move we'll see from IDJ is to try to release the album in other markets-- Europe, to be more exact. If they find some success there, then they'll try to leverage that back in the US. That's just me speculating, though.
Posted on: 2009/6/12 13:58
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
WAaaaaa!!!!!! Hikki where are you I need you!!!!!!! I'm dieing with out you....
Posted on: 2009/6/12 19:56
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

scott_o_k wrote:
Utada's sickness definitely threw a wrench into the whole machine behind TITO. Early promotion is crucial to an album release and since TITO unfortunately couldn't enjoy such promotion, now IDJ is probably trying to figure out how to proceed. Releasing another single will be difficult because the album probably already has a 'flop' reputation to it and that'll just make it harder to find support at radio.

If I were to guess I'd say the next move we'll see from IDJ is to try to release the album in other markets-- Europe, to be more exact. If they find some success there, then they'll try to leverage that back in the US. That's just me speculating, though.

I couldnt say it better
Posted on: 2009/6/12 21:01
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
I agree, Lady Gaga was sucessful first in Canada then here in the U.S. Maybe Hikki can find sucess first in Canada and in the U.K.before she makes it here in the States.
Posted on: 2009/6/13 7:31
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Here in UK BBC world music and mainstream fm Radio would be infused with Hikki?s sounds and beats, they would have certainly presented Hikki more intelligently and the interviews would have been more interesting, over these past few years a more diverse music culture has emerged embracing Jamaican, Indian, African and Central and Eastern European music which have a strong market. Uk was one of the only EU countries that had minimum immigration restrictions when the EU expanded to 26 Countries so it was inevitable that these musical cultures would become popular, although not every citizen has been so enthusiastic but you never going to please everyone.

Would Hikki want to do it though ? Canada could be a more natural next move.
Am I right in assuming that the her record contact with IDF was 2 albums/cd ?
And this deal has now been completed ?

Does Hikki record deal with Univeral in Japan cease at the same time ?
Are they completely separate ?
After all IDF and Univeral share the same Perent.(Vivendi).

Does one have any affect on the other ?

Could this be part of the reason why IDF stall?. if stall is the right word

I vaguely remember Hikki in an interview indicating contract obligations for the release of TITO in Japan , did Hikki share the same view. TITO appears directed towards the mainstream US market.

The roll back of the CD version to the 12 May seemed to irritated Hikki.

Hikki must be on the mend now and resting, she mentioned on her last blog she was ?near the end of the recovery stage?, any future schedule will depend on Hikki?s participation.
Posted on: 2009/6/13 14:55
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L Not something you need to know
Whoa Hikki101 where did u get ur sig picture?

www.youtube.com/fadcAuTra
Posted on: 2009/6/13 21:32
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

DjPho wrote:

Its from Hikki's book ten sen
Posted on: 2009/6/13 22:02
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

ChanOng wrote:
Quote:

DjPho wrote:

Its from Hikki's book ten sen

Thanks for answering that for me, but to be honest, i dont even remember where i got it...
Posted on: 2009/6/14 6:08
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>