Poster Thread
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Re: Utada Tour Petition
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
No offense to any Wonder Girls fans out there, but Utada has more talent than any of them in her right pinkie finger

Actually, I think that'd be more talent in her left pinkie toe. She can wiggle it!
Posted on: 2009/6/8 22:02
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
I think we would all love to see her in concert in Japan or anywhere else.

I know sales are important, but with the lack of promotion lately it?s only obvious why her sales aren?t any higher, the sales mostly reflect the fan base that already know her from her Japanese work. I don?t think that having one single play on a few radio stations (though not once did I hear her play in my area, LA) was actually enough to make her gain more fans.

Also as I mentioned before the petition may not actually get a tour started but it may work as an incentive to start promoting her more since it will show her management, or at least it may make her management think that the few promotional activities that she has had gave some sort of fruit and that she has a fan base large enough (I am not saying her fan base is the biggest thing in the world) to actually start having her do more promotional activities.

Like I mentioned before, IF she ever decides to do a tour or a series of concerts (doesn?t have to be a lot of cities) in the near future (this year or next year), she can do them in small venues. For example, several House of Blues or venues of around the same capacity would be ideal in my opinion since these types of venues would be small but not too small. A small tour may also bring her some attention, radio and TV, similar to the appearances at Sephora. Although it wasn?t exactly a lot of attention but the appearances made her management actually try and promote her during that time, I think.

Anyways, seeing how some seem to agree that it is a good idea to get a petition started, I want to know if you guys would want an online petition or a physical petition.
Here are some I found where we can start an online petition.

1. http://www.gopetition.com/
2. http://www.petitiononline.com/
3. http://www.ipetitions.com/start-petition/

If anyone has another suggestion of where to start an online petition please do tell. :)

A physical petition would be very difficult, but it is possible. Maybe, if we have a few people in charge of major cities/areas, we can set up a petition sheet that all areas wanting to participate can print. Set a date(s) where Utada fans in that area and nearby can meet up and sign the petition. Set a final date where all the signatures from all the places that signed it are sent to one location. Then send them all together with a summary of the statistics of the petition to ...I guess...Island Def Jam.... This is probably a bit troublesome for a lot of people, but I think this could work.

edit~

Or we can have a petition form up on site(s) so people can print it. On this form fans would fill it out with their information (name, age, city,state, country etc.) and a comment section of why you want or think Utada should come to that area. Then everyone can mail it to one location by a certain date and then all the petitions can be send together with a statistics summary from the petition to IDJ.

Please do tell how you guys want to do the petition! ^_^
Posted on: 2009/6/9 1:40
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Well as Pips Paradise suggested in another thread we can also email IDJ.

New York Office
800 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
USA
T?l. : +1 212 572 7000

E-mail: doc@vivendi.com
Posted on: 2009/6/9 6:04
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
We could co-ordinate this together, the comms needs to be in the correct format and we should insist on a reply from the CEO not customer services. Vivendi is the Parent company.

At the moment everyone has gone deaf and dumb.

I have to attend study group now please tell me what you think
Posted on: 2009/6/9 6:24
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Yeah. I live Wonder Girls and all with their cute dances and whatnot .... but i kind of love Utada more? >_> Wonder Girls are touring with the Jonas Brothers (wtf) but, as prolly stated here already in this forum, Utada is too good to merely be a front act of a tour. And if Utada DOES do a tour here, i hope it'll be with the same Japanese band from UTada United?!! ;B

So. This petition. Let's do this. Everyone sign up. >:3
Posted on: 2009/6/9 9:30
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
We could co-ordinate this together, the comms needs to be in the correct format and we should insist on a reply from the CEO not customer services. Vivendi is the Parent company.

At the moment everyone has gone deaf and dumb.

I have to attend study group now please tell me what you think

Yes we should definitely get the petition going, it wouldn't hurt anyone if we try ^_^

I'm sorry, I got confused on the "comms needs to be in the correct format" and the "everyone has gone deaf and dumb," what do you mean by this? ^_^v
Posted on: 2009/6/9 13:02
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I have any idea....

How about you guys hold off on the petition till we find out if Hikki is actually ok and doing well.

She hasn't posted in her blog in awhile and she has told us since like December that she has been sick a lot and that the promo stuff has her a bit exhausted.
Can we give the girl a break for a second?

Let's stop being selfish and inconsiderate for a moment with making petitions and demanding that she go on a tour while she may be still sick.

How would you like it if you got really sick because you pushed yourself really hard at work and you are in a hospital bed and you a recieve a bourqet of flowers from your coworkers with a card that said: " This is a petition signed by all employees urging you to get yo ass up and get back to work".
Posted on: 2009/6/9 16:08
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
I have any idea....

How about you guys hold off on the petition till we find out if Hikki is actually ok and doing well.

She hasn't posted in her blog in awhile and she has told us since like December that she has been sick a lot and that the promo stuff has her a bit exhausted.

Let's stop being selfish and inconsiderate for a moment with making petitions and demanding that she go on a tour while she may be still sick.

How would you like it if you got really sick because you pushed yourself really hard at work and you are in a hospital bed and you a recieve a bourqet of flowers from your coworkers with a card that said: " This is a petition signed by all employees urging you to get yo ass up and get back to work".

Well I don't know how fast you think the process of starting a petition and actually getting a good number of people to sign it takes, but I don't think it's actually something that can be done so quickly. It's going to take some time to get it started (as you can see the petition hasn't been started yet), some more time to spread the word among Utada fans and give it time collect signatures (which could take several weeks even months). I doubt the petition would have collected sufficient signatures before Utada resumes any sort of activity in or outside of Japan.

It isn't a fast process to make one nor would a petition actually have the ability to force her into a tour. The petition would simply allow fans to voice our opinion and thoughts to both her and her management. And like I have repeatedly said before, maybe it won't actually get a tour started but it might make her management promote her more. Even if the petition was a success, in the end the choice would come down to Utada and her management of what they would want to do.
Posted on: 2009/6/9 19:30
  •  Penguin
      Penguin
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 17/M/ Selangor, Malaysia
Yeah, perhaps we should just wait till she's fully recovered or till she blogs back especially on her health status. Then, maybe that's when the petition would be on the right time. Isn't it?
Posted on: 2009/6/9 19:54
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

aquaticdragons wrote:
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
I have any idea....

Well I don't know how fast you think the process of starting a petition and actually getting a good number of people to sign it takes, but I don't think it's actually something that can be done so quickly. It's going to take some time to get it started (as you can see the petition hasn't been started yet), some more time to spread the word among Utada fans and give it time collect signatures (which could take several weeks even months). I doubt the petition would have collected sufficient signatures before Utada resumes any sort of activity in or outside of Japan.

It isn't a fast process to make one nor would a petition actually have the ability to force her into a tour. The petition would simply allow fans to voice our opinion and thoughts to both her and her management. And like I have repeatedly said before, maybe it won't actually get a tour started but it might make her management promote her more. Even if the petition was a success, in the end the choice would come down to Utada and her management of what they would want to do.

I agree with both of u guys, let's just give Hikki a break and let her rest until she's better again before we even think of starting a tour
Posted on: 2009/6/10 0:37
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>