loli-drop
Re: Utada Tour Petition
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/F/London
Quote:

aquaticdragons wrote:
Quote:

Penguin wrote:
Yeah, perhaps we should just wait till she's fully recovered or till she blogs back especially on her health status. Then, maybe that's when the petition would be on the right time. Isn't it?

Well, like I mentioned before the petition will take time to get started and collect signatures. By the time this has been accomplished (which I remind you, it won't be a matter of days, rather it will be weeks or even months), she may be completely healthy, unless if she falls ill again.

So I don't think it matters if she is or isn't sick right now since it won't be sent anytime soon. I'm not saying I don't care about her health or anything like that.

I think it would only be wrong if we would try sending the petition AFTER IT HAS COLLECTED SUFFICIENT SIGNATURES AND SHE IS SICK OR SOMETHING ELSE THAT WOULD MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR HER TO EVEN CONSIDER A TOUR.

All I'm trying to say, there is no harm in planning and starting the petition now since it won't be sent right away.

i agree its fine to start a petition now and it means we can be a bit strategic about when we decide to send it, so hopefully it will have the best effect! ^__^

please can we all stay on topic, anything related to hikki's health/welfare could maybe be put into a new thread? its confusing lol!
Posted on: 2009/6/12 4:20
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Hi aquaticdragons yes I am uncomfortable with this too, the confusion between her health and promotion is me not being helpful, and also after reading many times it sound as though I am little gaga, I getting to feel more at ease sharing with you and other Utadanet regulars, I am going to rewrite? were is this second single ? What promotion has being lined up? I will tone the whole thing down and not mention Utada Health, and try to be more polite?..please stand by
Posted on: 2009/6/12 3:10
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
Sorry about the double posting!!

This is the Communication/Petition I have in mind comments please: this is a rough demo??.please read below.........

We are all devoted Hikaru Utada fans, Utada has not only been an our lifestyle choice but an inspiration through the most difficult period of our lives adolescence, so it is both distressing and painful to have to beg and plead for information about her personal health and welfare.

Can you begin to imagine or understand what it is like for us to experience a Vivendi company, we are pacifically referring to Universal/Island/DefJam, refusing to reply to any communications, to knock us back at every turn, refusing even to make any press statement of any form, even to Utada?s fans who have tirelessly brought everything Utada have ever produced, such cruelty is cynical and inexcusable.

The saddest element of all is that we will probably carry on buying and devoting endless amounts of ?Utada? time, no matter how this Vivendi Company behaves.

To make a terse statement implying peri-tonsillitis (12/May/2009 Universal/Island/DefJam), World Health Organisation data has only an average of 29 recorded cases per year since 2002 for any of the G8 countries and these have been admitted in-patients and their reporting procures are world renowned for there accuracy so what is going on !!

All we want to do is to stand by Utada whatever Utada is going through, have a Heart, please let us know what is going on.

I don't think Utada will feel let down by her fans for the current low number of sales for TITO. The low numbers only reflect the few promotion IDJ has been giving her before and after the physical release of TITO.

Yes, it would be a nice idea if fans send her get well messages, which I think a lot of people might have done already.

But in the proposal petition it seems like you are demanding from IDJ news of her health rather than anything related to her promotional activities to TITO. I'm not saying it is good to leave fans out in the blank but I believe news on her health will eventually come (sooner or later) from IDJ, her management, or herself.

So the way you state the petition, makes me think that we are thinking in different ways towards different purposes and goals.
Posted on: 2009/6/12 0:47
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Sorry about the double posting!!

This is the Communication/Petition I have in mind comments please: this is a rough demo??.please read below.........

We are all devoted Hikaru Utada fans, Utada has not only been an our lifestyle choice but an inspiration through the most difficult period of our lives adolescence, so it is both distressing and painful to have to beg and plead for information about her personal health and welfare.

Can you begin to imagine or understand what it is like for us to experience a Vivendi company, we are pacifically referring to Universal/Island/DefJam, refusing to reply to any communications, to knock us back at every turn, refusing even to make any press statement of any form, even to Utada?s fans who have tirelessly brought everything Utada have ever produced, such cruelty is cynical and inexcusable.

The saddest element of all is that we will probably carry on buying and devoting endless amounts of ?Utada? time, no matter how this Vivendi Company behaves.

To make a terse statement implying peri-tonsillitis (12/May/2009 Universal/Island/DefJam), World Health Organisation data has only an average of 29 recorded cases per year since 2002 for any of the G8 countries and these have been admitted in-patients and their reporting procures are world renowned for there accuracy so what is going on !!

All we want to do is to stand by Utada whatever Utada is going through, have a Heart, please let us know what is going on.
Posted on: 2009/6/10 6:59
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
God I felt a Wally, I still do, I didn?t even say hi, I just stood their mouth open looking stupid?I just wish I could turn back time, I still scream out loud when I think about.

I think we need a meaningful message, I think we can do this without upsetting Utada.

I think we could compose a message from us all, we all could sign it with our mark, we could explain why we are so concerned, if one of my best friends was ill, I would want to make sure they could call on me for support, and that just my best friend Utada is like family, Ghostdog is a voice of reason, where do we find the balance we can all agree with, we need to have a unified response, aresponse that shows Utada her fans care to know how Utada is and, wherevers happened we will be there for her.
It is not over for TITO?Utada may feel that her International/European fans have let her down. I hope she does?nt.
Posted on: 2009/6/10 2:55
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
Wow what an experience! How unfortunate that you passed out but at least you met her!

True at the moment IDJ and her management are giving us no news whatsoever of her future.
Posted on: 2009/6/10 2:33
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Sorry I am deep in books at the moment, I need to study but all I can think about at the moment is Hikki and how she is!!

I cannot understand why her record company and management team won?t communicate on her behalf I mean has everybody got sick????; I am not suggesting we should claim squatters? rites in Utada?s back garden until she updates her blog or come up with tour dates.

I just want to know she is ok

I have met Utada, I was obviously younger and impressionable, I bullied my Dad for weeks to check the Reuters news wires to find out her Exodus TV & Press schedule, and I got to know where she was going to be and what time.

She was going to appear on a segment for Channel 4, and an interview for The Guardian Newspaper, I could not sleep the night before, I got all my clothes out and spent the night trying to look cool and confident like Utada, I arrived at 5.00am and camped outside, other fans tourists from Kobe started to turn up, god my hands are shaking as I type, I can remember it all like yesterday, when Utada came out we all move forward and there I was almost face to face, one to one, I could smell her perfume, I could have reached out and touched her but God I just froze, burst into tears and fainted. I woke up in an ambulance!!!!!

I blamed everybody my dad for not shaking me round, my Mum for not being their, and my brother and sister never let me forget it, they don?t mention it much now but that could be because the last time my brother brought the subject up I super glued him to a chair when he fell asleep he had to go to hospital so he could be parted from the chair.

Hi Aquaticdragons ?At the moment everyone has gone deaf and dumb? sorry my slang but it means no body is saying anything zero.

?comms needs to be in the correct format? means like Ghostdog says we need to get this right, my Japanese side wants to hold off, my English side wants to frankly kick IDF and in some ways Utada?s management for treating us this way.

Look, I may be Dreaming but just think what it would be like if one day we could be at a Utada gig all bopping together?.think about it
Sorry if spelling is bad
Posted on: 2009/6/10 2:16
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
Quote:

Penguin wrote:
Yeah, perhaps we should just wait till she's fully recovered or till she blogs back especially on her health status. Then, maybe that's when the petition would be on the right time. Isn't it?

Well, like I mentioned before the petition will take time to get started and collect signatures. By the time this has been accomplished (which I remind you, it won't be a matter of days, rather it will be weeks or even months), she may be completely healthy, unless if she falls ill again.

So I don't think it matters if she is or isn't sick right now since it won't be sent anytime soon. I'm not saying I don't care about her health or anything like that.

I think it would only be wrong if we would try sending the petition AFTER IT HAS COLLECTED SUFFICIENT SIGNATURES AND SHE IS SICK OR SOMETHING ELSE THAT WOULD MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR HER TO EVEN CONSIDER A TOUR.

All I'm trying to say, there is no harm in planning and starting the petition now since it won't be sent right away.
Posted on: 2009/6/10 0:46
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

aquaticdragons wrote:
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
I have any idea....

How about you guys hold off on the petition till we find out if Hikki is actually ok and doing well.

She hasn't posted in her blog in awhile and she has told us since like December that she has been sick a lot and that the promo stuff has her a bit exhausted.
Can we give the girl a break for a second?

Let's stop being selfish and inconsiderate for a moment with making petitions and demanding that she go on a tour while she may be still sick.

How would you like it if you got really sick because you pushed yourself really hard at work and you are in a hospital bed and you a recieve a bourqet of flowers from your coworkers with a card that said: " This is a petition signed by all employees urging you to get yo ass up and get back to work".

Well I don't know how fast you think the process of starting a petition and actually getting a good number of people to sign it takes, but I don't think it's actually something that can be done so quickly. It's going to take some time to get it started (as you can see the petition hasn't been started yet), some more time to spread the word among Utada fans and give it time collect signatures (which could take several weeks even months). I doubt the petition would have collected sufficient signatures before Utada resumes any sort of activity in or outside of Japan.

It isn't a fast process to make one nor would a petition actually have the ability to force her into a tour. The petition would simply allow fans to voice our opinion and thoughts to both her and her management. And like I have repeatedly said before, maybe it won't actually get a tour started but it might make her management promote her more. Even if the petition was a success, in the end the choice would come down to Utada and her management of what they would want to do.

I agree with both of u guys, let's just give Hikki a break and let her rest until she's better again before we even think of starting a tour
Posted on: 2009/6/10 0:37
  •  Penguin
      Penguin
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 17/M/ Selangor, Malaysia
Posted on: 2009/6/9 19:54
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>