Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  alexfenway calls Utada scum on her official website.

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...9>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: alexfenway calls Utada scum on her official website.
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Nevertheless, if you are an artist, there will always be a supporter and a basher. You can't always please people the way you do. And I do believe she would just disregard that post and do the way she does her music. I know she will look those comments in a positive way. Worry less guys. Don't be affected with those pathetic people who'll waste their time bashing artists

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2009/6/17 1:30
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Back to previous Hikki101 post and take a few minutes, look at the signature, a real gem, sit and gasp, lets not get confused here, Alex is no ordinary basher , theirs a vile bully inside Alex, it in his every word?. It?s follow your example and move on I know.
Posted on: 2009/6/17 2:18
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I regret making that comment now on his profile.
I went a little over the top and it was pretty mean what i said. Sometimes I let my emotions get the best of me.

Calling an artist scum on their official site after they put their heart and soul into their work because that person didn't make the music you wanted from them is beyond ridiculous and shouldn't be tolerated.

Forget Alex and drown his comment out by not replying to it and feeding this hideous troll but by posting thanks and compliments to Utada herself, I'm sure she would appreciate that much more.
Posted on: 2009/6/17 12:07
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I'm usually the last one to ever pull this card but does anybody else get weird racial vibes from a lot of these die-hard "Hikki sold out!" people whenever they surface? There's almost always some sort of talk about her English work being "low-class" and "scum" and while that may be directed at some of the sexual content, it's almost always coupled with some sort of lamenting of R&B and urban music (which is strange considering Utada's music has had R&B influences from the beginning) and a general resistance of Utada with any kind of hip-hop music culture, no matter how subtle.

Perhaps I'm seeing things that aren't there, but ever since I saw someone a while back complaining that Utada works "with rappers and black artists" it's caused me to be really suspiscious of these kinds of posts.
Posted on: 2009/6/17 13:48
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Quote:

scott_o_k wrote:
I'm usually the last one to ever pull this card but does anybody else get weird racial vibes from a lot of these die-hard "Hikki sold out!" people whenever they surface? There's almost always some sort of talk about her English work being "low-class" and "scum" and while that may be directed at some of the sexual content, it's almost always coupled with some sort of lamenting of R&B and urban music (which is strange considering Utada's music has had R&B influences from the beginning) and a general resistance of Utada with any kind of hip-hop music culture, no matter how subtle.

Perhaps I'm seeing things that aren't there, but ever since I saw someone a while back complaining that Utada works "with rappers and black artists" it's caused me to be really suspiscious of these kinds of posts.

Yeah, that's what I thought about his comment. He said that she could "try to do R&B" or whatever, but hasn't her music always been R&B? I dunno, at first I thought she kinda sold out becuase it seemed like she wasn't putting too much depth into her new work but maybe I am so used to her Japanese works that I tried to compare the two and you can't do that with Hikaru. lol. I dunno. But that was just a stupid comment all around. I mean, it's not like everything Hikaru has sung has been all sweet and innocent. I mean, in One Night Magic she talks about having an affair with her best friend's lover. Traveling almost seems like it has some innuendo as well but maybe that's just me.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/6/17 14:14
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I think it's simply that she wants this music to be easier to connect with or something. I mean Exodus was really hard to relate to because it was so introverted. It was a masterpiece but no one could really understand it. TITO is something that could appeal to more people, I think.
Posted on: 2009/6/17 14:48
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
I applaud Madalynne for her response to this. I didn't see ghostdog's though. But i understand if you don't want me to see it cause you said you regretted it. X'D
Posted on: 2009/6/17 14:49
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22/M/Earth
to be honest that kid is ridiculous, utada is a normal person with wants and needs , and who are we to say she cant be sexy or sexual?

i dont know who that kid is but its seems to me that he just doesnt want to face the truth that utada has had sex and or anything like that and hopes shes stays an innocent angel for the rest of her life ( when in reality she isnt )

but what makes me kinda think is, has he not listened to her old songs? like her old english ones? shes also has some sexual lyrics in those too , so if he really was a fan then he would have known she has been like that for a while now . .

tsk tsk. kids theses days raelly need to grow up haha

i love you hikki
Posted on: 2009/6/17 15:23
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
And this person calls themself a fan?

who do these people think they are?

http://www.utada.com/news/default.aspx?nid=3882&cmnt=1#s_comments_anchor

wat happen to ur comment on the site ghostdog?

anyways i don't know why u guys care so much about alex-whatever his name is, he is just tryin do sumthing to get himself attention cuz he got no friends, who took all of his anger out on hikki
Posted on: 2009/6/17 21:55
  •  Studebaker
      Studebaker
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Oooh, scum. Now that is nasty--I wonder if Utada has even seen or heard that thrown at her before. I'm curious: does she just shrug it off? Because, I bet the lady's been used to plenty of extreme/irrational stuff from fans. Remember that one radio interview when she elaborated on some of the freaky presents and letters from her Japanese fanbase? This is basically another silly stab, right?

I guess not. I mean, assuming Alex Fenway's an American listener, I can understand if Utada doesn't take this so easy. Mostly she's been pleasantly surprised and overwhelmed at how dedicated the Ameican fans are. And I too, of course, can understand the fans' backlash; though honestly, I consider remarks or thoughts like that Alex's to be expected before, during, and after every Utada release.

If you're a fan, and you're dissatisfied with the current work, I say buck it up and wait your turn. So long as Utada stays working, she's bound to make sometihng that'll appeal to you. But making half-assed comments like that, I think, are extremely discouraging, and it doesn't help an artist go anywhere. Excessive bashing is just as bad as excessive flattery.

*sigh* Oh well. At least no one hasn't threatened her life or anything. Or did I miss that?
Posted on: 2009/6/17 23:14
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...9>