Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  alexfenway calls Utada scum on her official website.

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...3456789>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: alexfenway calls Utada scum on her official website.
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
If my comments hurts some members, i apologise but its my own opinion about TITO album. I'll let admins decide it whether i'm abuse my authority as a mod or not. And if i do, i dont mind admins disable me as a mod

ps: sorry for my grammar well because English language were not my national language and i dont hide myself behind pc, you guys find my image on post user picture

That's not what it means to hide behind a computer.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/6/20 21:14
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
whoa, chill guys.

Ghostdog, if you have a problem with SwallowTail's behavior then you take it directly to the admins privately through pm's, not as a public "statement" on the forums.

SwallowTail's status still stands as moderator and we expect everyone to be treated with respect, no matter their role in this community. That's what got him the moderator job in the first place, because we saw how he's treated every member from newbies to everyone else with respect. He stated his opinion and he has every right to.

Obviously this Alex dude angered a lot of you, but you don't have to take it out on SwallowTail.

Even I agree with some of this Alex's points. Going as far as calling her scum is obviously uncalled for, but I definitely don't hold TITO with as much pride as I do with her other albums (except for This One...I love the lyrics and whole song in general). But just because I don't love one particular album or agree with everything Hikki writes, doesn't make me a hater. She is still my all-time favourite artist :P

So remember, chill. :P
Posted on: 2009/6/20 23:13
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
First off, alexfanway, being the idiotic person he or she is, should not called Utada a scum; there are other artists (I'm not going to name them) are bigger scums, so don't involve Utada the "scums" category.

As for the album, "This Is The One", I enjoyed it from start to finish. It's a breath of fresh air from the mainstream music (especially with those damn Auto-tuners ---
Enough with it, already!!!). I hope that she'll release more singles because this album is too good to pass upon with only one single.
Posted on: 2009/6/21 11:49
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Actually i have different perspective with you guys, this time i agree with laijunjie14 i agree with Alexfenway words .

I want to comment as Hikki fans not as a mod. Alexfenway got a point even though he using a harsh word, but its still he still polite. A fans job not just to support but also to scold if she do a bad move, because Hikki were nothing without a fans don't you think .

How long you guys be a fans you of Utada and why? and me
because her song lyric

If you look at her Japanese song, take a look at Flavor of Life, Deep River , Hikari, Passion , Keep Tryin and many more . Can you find song like that in US music industry and got famous . I don't think so, but correct me if was wrong and give me what song .
This time Hikki or Utada in US only follow what happen in US music industry or should i say she being a chameleon , Hikki have a lot of talent and if and you want to be famous in US follow their rules. Hikki have a lot of fans all over the world , who cares about those corporate CEO. Hikki doesn't need to make a cheezy song she mostly TITO song make her look cheezy. Find a really good song in TITO and compared that to her Heart Station and which one can make you happy if you got sad like "Fight the Blues".

Last yeah Alexfenway you got guts to doing it, i dont know if i got guts and hope Hikki read it and understand why you doing it.

There you go my opinion

I actually kinda supports what SwallowTail has said, like Alexfenway is just expressing his opinions but just using harsh words. I also agree that being a fan is not just to support blindly, but also giving opinions and suggestions. I believe that Utada thinks that even though that Alexfenway is using harsh words, she can see the meaning behind those harsh texts.

I also feel that there's difference in her Japanese work and English Work, so maybe SwallowTail is right in saying that Utada has to "follow the rules" in the US music industry, kinda like "blend in" and get recognized, maybe. So I think I understand why the difference.

As for saying Alexfenway has got guts in doing such comment, I think he do have the guts, because I believe that when someone do such comment, whether he/she is a fan or not, they will be treated as a Troll or Basher. Most of the fans just leave positive comments like "good job" or "well done", rather than leaving comments like suggestions on how to make it better. So I do think that Alexfenway is not just plainly bashing Utada, but giving suggestion and opinion, in a harsh manner. I am sure Utada will not mind the words and take note of the opinion, she might even think that it is a useful opinion.
Posted on: 2009/6/21 12:25
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:
i dunno why
i agree with the alex guy
i still think
she is not suitable for the english stuff
haha

Forget about Alex.

Exodus, TITO, IDF, or all of Hikki?s US aspirations?

What did not work for you, Laijunjie14, I would like to know.

Is it the sound? so called ?American R & B? , words ?, production ? the nature or content of Hikki lyrics?

Because all of Hikki US ambitions have come, for some inexplicable reason to a sudden and juddering halt, her health played a part in this , but the continued silence from record campany and management is baffling..

i dunno man
i just think that she sounds weird
Posted on: 2009/6/21 13:22
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
If my comments hurts some members, i apologise but its my own opinion about TITO album. I'll let admins decide it whether i'm abuse my authority as a mod or not. And if i do, i dont mind admins disable me as a mod

ps: sorry for my grammar well because English language were not my national language and i dont hide myself behind pc, you guys find my image on post user picture

why are you even apologizing to that retard of a forumer
Posted on: 2009/6/21 13:25
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Quote:

Macdan wrote:
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Actually i have different perspective with you guys, this time i agree with laijunjie14 i agree with Alexfenway words .

I want to comment as Hikki fans not as a mod. Alexfenway got a point even though he using a harsh word, but its still he still polite. A fans job not just to support but also to scold if she do a bad move, because Hikki were nothing without a fans don't you think .

How long you guys be a fans you of Utada and why? and me
because her song lyric

If you look at her Japanese song, take a look at Flavor of Life, Deep River , Hikari, Passion , Keep Tryin and many more . Can you find song like that in US music industry and got famous . I don't think so, but correct me if was wrong and give me what song .
This time Hikki or Utada in US only follow what happen in US music industry or should i say she being a chameleon , Hikki have a lot of talent and if and you want to be famous in US follow their rules. Hikki have a lot of fans all over the world , who cares about those corporate CEO. Hikki doesn't need to make a cheezy song she mostly TITO song make her look cheezy. Find a really good song in TITO and compared that to her Heart Station and which one can make you happy if you got sad like "Fight the Blues".

Last yeah Alexfenway you got guts to doing it, i dont know if i got guts and hope Hikki read it and understand why you doing it.

There you go my opinion

I actually kinda supports what SwallowTail has said, like Alexfenway is just expressing his opinions but just using harsh words. I also agree that being a fan is not just to support blindly, but also giving opinions and suggestions. I believe that Utada thinks that even though that Alexfenway is using harsh words, she can see the meaning behind those harsh texts.

I also feel that there's difference in her Japanese work and English Work, so maybe SwallowTail is right in saying that Utada has to "follow the rules" in the US music industry, kinda like "blend in" and get recognized, maybe. So I think I understand why the difference.

As for saying Alexfenway has got guts in doing such comment, I think he do have the guts, because I believe that when someone do such comment, whether he/she is a fan or not, they will be treated as a Troll or Basher. Most of the fans just leave positive comments like "good job" or "well done", rather than leaving comments like suggestions on how to make it better. So I do think that Alexfenway is not just plainly bashing Utada, but giving suggestion and opinion, in a harsh manner. I am sure Utada will not mind the words and take note of the opinion, she might even think that it is a useful opinion.

Perfectly natural, right and fair, to voice and share an opinion, there is no debate there, we can argue passionately with ?bells on? use harsh criticism, but when a person uses language like scum and it meaning (One, such as a person or an element of society, that is regarded as despicable or worthless) ,
Not harsh words, just hurtful and offensive.

The question has never been about Akexfenway, whether in agreement or disagreement, it has been about treating Hikki with respect .
Posted on: 2009/6/21 14:18
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Okay guys just like Seraphim said chill out, people have right to express their opinion , positively or negatively but they also must responsible with their words at the same time.

Its weird if all the people have the same thought or opinion and it might be boring. So lets closed down this problem and continue shall we
Posted on: 2009/6/21 20:40
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Ok,ok, that's enough guys. We have decided that ppl have the rights to express their opinions and we concluded that it was wrong of alexfenway to call Hikki a scum. But have it be over already (it's kinda tearing down the unity of this site in some ways) Like Pips said, this has been about treating Hikki with respect too, so pls just put this behind us and move on. Bottom line, alex was wrong in voicing his opinion in that manner, im not asking you guys to forgive him (im not sure that even i will, hehe) just put this in the past. Alex is just another guy saying what he feels.
Posted on: 2009/6/21 22:25
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
when I read this part: "...are so gross and dirty and nasty." I thought "he/she must be american" :P and I was right! ^__^
Posted on: 2009/6/21 23:06
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...3456789>