Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  alexfenway calls Utada scum on her official website.

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...456789>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: alexfenway calls Utada scum on her official website.
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
wow wat a arguement
Posted on: 2009/6/21 23:07
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Positively speaking I am grateful and glad all fans here are able to share the many views and opinions about TITO, and also Hikki, may also provide a target to unload all the stress and frustration on.
Posted on: 2009/6/22 0:10
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Actually i have different perspective with you guys, this time i agree with laijunjie14 i agree with Alexfenway words .

I want to comment as Hikki fans not as a mod. Alexfenway got a point even though he using a harsh word, but its still he still polite. A fans job not just to support but also to scold if she do a bad move, because Hikki were nothing without a fans don't you think .

How long you guys be a fans you of Utada and why? and me
because her song lyric

If you look at her Japanese song, take a look at Flavor of Life, Deep River , Hikari, Passion , Keep Tryin and many more . Can you find song like that in US music industry and got famous . I don't think so, but correct me if was wrong and give me what song .
This time Hikki or Utada in US only follow what happen in US music industry or should i say she being a chameleon , Hikki have a lot of talent and if and you want to be famous in US follow their rules. Hikki have a lot of fans all over the world , who cares about those corporate CEO. Hikki doesn't need to make a cheezy song she mostly TITO song make her look cheezy. Find a really good song in TITO and compared that to her Heart Station and which one can make you happy if you got sad like "Fight the Blues".

Last yeah Alexfenway you got guts to doing it, i dont know if i got guts and hope Hikki read it and understand why you doing it.

There you go my opinion

She has already explained like hundred times why she made the album the way it is.

"Last yeah Alexfenway you got guts to doing it, i dont know if i got guts and hope Hikki read it and understand why you doing it."

The fact that you agree with that moron who insulted Utada on her official site should automatically strip you of moderator status of this board.

You of all people being a important administrative member of this website should be supporting Utada.
Here is my opinion: You are a prude just like alex and don't deserve the moderator title anymore.

I hereby submit my request to the Admin of Utadanet that you are stripped of moderator on the following grounds:
1. Negative opinions towards the person of whom the site is created for(Utada) by an administrative member.
2. Bad English and grammar.

I hereby submit my application for moderator.

This is awkward since I never go on this forum. I couldn't help but to comment on this. Wow, brillant.

Being a fan is serious business. You're like Khomeini. If someone doesn't agree with you, get rid of them!
Posted on: 2009/6/23 20:20
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
I think it is silly that people fight over a comment by someone who just said what he thought. I agree that it was a rude comment, but why bother when Utada herself most definately does not?

It is more like stupid, than silly, really.
Posted on: 2009/6/24 2:45
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Taiyou: Being a fan is serious business. You're like Khomeini. If someone doesn't agree with you, get rid of them!

My Friend is studying political science has a great Khomeini quote:

?A man can have sex with animals such as sheeps, cows, and camels and so on. However, he should kill the animal after he has his orgasm. He should not sell the meat to the people in his own village; however, selling the meat to the next door village should be fine.?

I wonder which of us is like Khomeini, because whoever it is put that cow down!!!!LOL
Posted on: 2009/6/24 4:16
  •  llama
      llama
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Um wow...

I think it's a little ridiculous to tell someone they aren't a fan and that they should be stripped of moderator priveleges simply because they have their own opinion. Despite what some people think, being a fan doesn't mean you blindly love everything an artist does. You should still be able to recognise when they do work that isn't up to their usual standard. Just because you don't like every single song an artist makes doesn't mean that you aren't a fan or that you hate them.

I agree that it was out of line to call Hikki scum. I think we all agree that he could have expressed his opinion in a nicer way. Personally, I think TITO is leaps and bounds better than Exodus was, and I'm very proud of Hikki for that. However, I still don't think it is up to standard with her Japanese music. I feel that her Japanese music expresses much deeper emotions, the kind of music that can make someone cry. Nothing on her new album does that for me except maybe This One (Crying Like a Child). There are other songs on the album I like, but they just aren't on the same level as her Japanese work. I'm still going to support her and I still love her and her music. I'm still proud of her for the improvements that she has made since her last English album. But I still know and recognize that she is capable of better, because I've heard what she can do!

As I said, there is more to being a fan than just saying, "OMG! It's Hikki so I love it!!" That's not giving her any credit as an artist. By loving it simply because of who sings it, it's the same as saying, "You can write crap and I'll still buy your album and say I love it". Does that really sound like a fan? Wouldn't you rather give her constructive feedback so you can see her shine at her best? As her fans, we know she is capable of amazing work, and we should support her and push her in that direction instead of settling for less. I think Hikki would prefer fans who listen to her music seriously and can form an honest opinion as to whether they like it or not, too.

Just my opinion...
Posted on: 2009/6/24 10:36
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Quote:

llama wrote:
Um wow...

I think it's a little ridiculous to tell someone they aren't a fan and that they should be stripped of moderator priveleges simply because they have their own opinion. Despite what some people think, being a fan doesn't mean you blindly love everything an artist does. You should still be able to recognise when they do work that isn't up to their usual standard. Just because you don't like every single song an artist makes doesn't mean that you aren't a fan or that you hate them.

I agree that it was out of line to call Hikki scum. I think we all agree that he could have expressed his opinion in a nicer way. Personally, I think TITO is leaps and bounds better than Exodus was, and I'm very proud of Hikki for that. However, I still don't think it is up to standard with her Japanese music. I feel that her Japanese music expresses much deeper emotions, the kind of music that can make someone cry. Nothing on her new album does that for me except maybe This One (Crying Like a Child). There are other songs on the album I like, but they just aren't on the same level as her Japanese work. I'm still going to support her and I still love her and her music. I'm still proud of her for the improvements that she has made since her last English album. But I still know and recognize that she is capable of better, because I've heard what she can do!

As I said, there is more to being a fan than just saying, "OMG! It's Hikki so I love it!!" That's not giving her any credit as an artist. By loving it simply because of who sings it, it's the same as saying, "You can write crap and I'll still buy your album and say I love it". Does that really sound like a fan? Wouldn't you rather give her constructive feedback so you can see her shine at her best? As her fans, we know she is capable of amazing work, and we should support her and push her in that direction instead of settling for less. I think Hikki would prefer fans who listen to her music seriously and can form an honest opinion as to whether they like it or not, too.

Just my opinion...

Yeah, I have to agree with you. I've sometimes said, "Well, I like anything she does." And it's kinda true. I don't give any of her songs less than 3 stars on mah Pod. xD Maybe I should fix that... I mean, don't really hate anything she's done but I don't absolutely love everything either. There are some songs that i don't like too much (About Me, Give Me A Reason and Yorokobi Naranai Kimochi) and some that I don't mind listening to but just aren't on my top like Kettobase, Bonnie and Clyde, Automatic, Celebrate, Time Will Tell -DUB Mix-, Movin' on without you,Fly Me To The Moon, and Drama and thens some I could listen to and never get tired of like Take 5, Stay Gold, time will tell, For You,One Night Magic, and some more... I'm not sure where this is going but I know when she's performed well and when she hasn't. And I don't think she's perfect. I know she doesn't have the strongest voice in the world and her vocals lately (I mean live) havne't been all that great. I don't know where the my point lies or even if I had one but I agree with you. xD

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/6/24 12:32
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Quote:
She has already explained like hundred times why she made the album the way it is.

"Last yeah Alexfenway you got guts to doing it, i dont know if i got guts and hope Hikki read it and understand why you doing it."

The fact that you agree with that moron who insulted Utada on her official site should automatically strip you of moderator status of this board.

You of all people being a important administrative member of this website should be supporting Utada.
Here is my opinion: You are a prude just like alex and don't deserve the moderator title anymore.

I hereby submit my request to the Admin of Utadanet that you are stripped of moderator on the following grounds:
1. Negative opinions towards the person of whom the site is created for(Utada) by an administrative member.
2. Bad English and grammar.

I hereby submit my application for moderator.

Quite frankly, I was surprised and annoyed to read such a post. Given the fact that this is an Utada Hikaru message board, is it a REQUIREMENT to be a mindless spoon-fed sheep when it comes to all of UH's works? Ghostdog, if I recall, in the past, you have said some less than complimentary words concerning Hikki and TITO on Hikaru.sc and some other forums as well. What good is a FORUM if not for discussion? If we all share like opinions, feel free to agree. We're here to be part of a community, and I see no reason to vote Swallowtail out of moderator status because:

1) poor grammar and spelling - which is perfectly acceptable compared to many other people

2) he doesn't like -everything- that Hikki does and has a mind of his own

I would definitely be worried if a tyrannically right-winged Hikaru fan were to become a moderator of this board. If that were to happen, I would instantly leave this message board. I honestly hope that you were sarcastic - if you were not, that post alone sets you out of the criteria for being a moderator of this message board.

Swallowtail has, in my experience, performed his duties admirably. He's a constant source of news and links, and tends to remind people (like me) to stay on topic. He's very active and seems to handle himself well.

I'm a very liberal person; live and let live. People can spew any opinions that they want. I enjoy debates, I enjoy diversity. It would pain me greatly to have these things taken from me.
Posted on: 2009/6/24 21:29
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
I am sad that GD is upset, as a newbie ?It would not be Cricket? (to quote my grandpa) to criticize the behaviour of senior members, although there opinion should always be debated,

Is it so important to be a ?moderator??!, the job requires squeaky clean behaviour, thrashing people or worse, dragging members up in front of the management for further ?disciplinary? measures.
Word around the camp fire is moderators where uniform?themed obviously along Hikki lines..Hoodie, leather 50s biker jacket, bespoke Utada.net cattle prod, and never being really able to misbehave, always having to be careful when posting, I wouldn?t last a day.
Posted on: 2009/6/25 2:49
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
I am sad that GD is upset, as a newbie ?It would not be Cricket? (to quote my grandpa) to criticize the behaviour of senior members, although there opinion should always be debated,

Is it so important to be a ?moderator??!, the job requires squeaky clean behaviour, thrashing people or worse, dragging members up in front of the management for further ?disciplinary? measures.
Word around the camp fire is moderators where uniform?themed obviously along Hikki lines..Hoodie, leather 50s biker jacket, bespoke Utada.net cattle prod, and never being really able to misbehave, always having to be careful when posting, I wouldn?t last a day.

I agree, i wouldnt last so long myself if i was a mod. By the way,Pips, look at ur status, u r no longer a newbie. U r a Hikki Fanatic now
Posted on: 2009/6/25 6:37
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...456789>