Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  alexfenway calls Utada scum on her official website.

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...56789>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Re: alexfenway calls Utada scum on her official website.
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Hikki101 you are right a "Fanatic" but compared to GD, Amaterasu and you Hikki101 I am a humble newbie..
Posted on: 2009/6/25 7:15
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
HAH.I wouldn't go as far as to say Utada is scum.But this album was rather shit on the lyrical side more than anything else.At least Tippy Toe and Hotel Label took some level of higher deduction to enjoy the song to the fullest.I like Dirty Desire and all but "During my 5-9,I'm thinking 6 and 9,I gotta make you mine..." is not clever for Utada.That's not clever for myself even.It's predictable.A&C and This One are run-of-the-mill R&B songs,like someone threw up some Monica/Boyz2Men hits from the 90s and tried to feed it to us with more percussion.Come Back to Me sounds like it was originally written for a man to sing.Like Trey Songz or Genuwine to be exact.It's sucks none the less.And Automatic part 2!!!!I can't even think of a way to say it's bad...no analogy.....It's just (censored)ing bad.But not as bad as "Me Muero"...the story within the song is hard to take seriously with that rehashed composition and horrific overuse form of lyrical delivery.Let alone the story of the song is similar to that of "Letters",and I dammit LOVE "Letters".Deep River as a whole was a masterpiece!On and On had the stupid hypeman gimmick,Taking my money back sounds like a Destiny's Child song....I hate the lyrics but oddly enough like DC's "Say my Name",I like that song.It's a guilty pleasure.Good Structure and Utada got use her vocals.But MCML-FYI,though still with some crippling lyrics,is the only GOOD/Utada song on this album.He has a right to his opinion like others have stated already,and though I felt that he let his anger with one of his favorite artist get the best of him.....He was right to say how he felt.Have you heard Automatic part 2 ppl?YOU CAN'T TELL ME THAT POPPIN' IS A GOOD SONG!!!!It sounds like Lady GaGa is destined to pick that up for a sample!What the (censored) is she even talking about in this dam song?Are you shitting me?I don't like A LOT of songs on DIstance and First Love.But they aren't BAD!!!There were just songs that I liked much more than the rest!!!This album is trash with chopped ass for sprinkles.and Mods I apologize ahead of time.I see that you might have you editoral work set out for you with this one.
Posted on: 2009/7/6 19:03
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

~Billy<3'sHikki~ wrote:
Wow. His comment barely made sense. And how can he say he's a huge fan? Total bull. And about the lyrics being crappy or not making sense, shouldn't he be saying that about Exodus? I mean, that album had some odd lyrics. I'm not saying Exodus was bad I'm just saying that's the album to direct those words at.

You sir,are a fool.That I didn't realize this board sooner :/.I must ask Billy,and I apologize for the fool comment,What are some of your favorite artists?
Posted on: 2009/7/6 19:08
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

~Billy<3'sHikki~ wrote:
Wow. His comment barely made sense. And how can he say he's a huge fan? Total bull. And about the lyrics being crappy or not making sense, shouldn't he be saying that about Exodus? I mean, that album had some odd lyrics. I'm not saying Exodus was bad I'm just saying that's the album to direct those words at.

You sir,are a fool.That I didn't realize this board sooner :/.I must ask Billy,and I apologize for the fool comment,What are some of your favorite artists?

I'm a fool? And why is that?

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/7/6 19:57
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
The fool comment was do to the idea of you thinking Exodus is an album full of gibberish.I'll explain to you any song on the album you wish.And in return you have to explain "Poppin'".
Posted on: 2009/7/6 20:20
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Lyrically, the album made me chuckle. "My name is U-ta-da like la-di-da-di-da-di-da...". She just shoves random rhymes here and there and out of the blue mention well-known figures like Captain Picard and Freddie Mercury. That's all. I don't really have anything to say about it, since I don't take this album seriously I mean, it's music suited for night clubs...does anyone pay significant attention to the lyrics? I'm sure not a lot of people dance to Bob Dylan like it's a freakin' party.

The album overall isn't that bad really, though it isn't something I'll jam to every day and night and it's leagues away from being Utada's best. Sure, there are songs that irriate me. Like "On and On", that voice going "Yeah! Yeah!" is absolutely annoying. The club-licious tracks like "Poppin'" or "Dirty Desire" isn't really my thing. Yet I like the ethnic sound going on with "Me Muero", though the song gets tiredsome after a few times. "Come Back to Me" and "This One (Crying like a Child)" are generic and kinda boring. Kinda enjoy the other tracks.
Posted on: 2009/7/6 22:49
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
I'd love to know what "Poppin" is about.I'd also would like to know why Automatic P.2 exist.They could have cut that from the album,seriously.Me falling for Utada as a lyricist above all else can't sit idle and let this happen again.I want her to go for another US album but....do a good one.With creative producers..
Posted on: 2009/7/7 0:51
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
If out Clubbin? then it is doubtful that any R&B club sound would be adversely affected by ?pulpy? lyrics. It?s the vibe, the sounds and beats, playful, social atmosphere that make the difference, after all; At birthday parties my friends play ?wannabe? you know ?spice girls classic? , a living a breathing lesson in perfect timing, and a seriously experienced publicity and marketing machine clued up to deliver stardom and success on global scale, so the lyrics:

"Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
So tell me what you want, what you really really want,
I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
So tell me what you want, what you really really want,
I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really
really really wanna zigazig ha."

Had enough!!! ?..more!!

"So here's a story from A to Z, you wanna get with me
you gotta listen carefully,
We got em in the place who likes it in your face,
we got G like MC who likes it on an
Easy V doesn't come for free, she's a real lady,
and as for me..ah you'll see,
Slam your body down and wind it all around
Slam your body down and wind it all around.
If you wanna be my lover, you gotta, you gotta, you
gotta,
you gotta, you gotta, slam, slam, slam, slam
Slam your body down zigazig ah
If you wanna be my lover".

The mindless drivel above makes TITO ?lyrical choral poetry? in comparison, and spice girls sold more than 100,000,000 source: BPI.

I am on my family hols in Japan and have been active with everything Hikki , my Japanese family have been wonderful, phoning and e-mailing EMI Japan, and Universal, who have been a little dismissive with referenced to what can be translated and ?fan societies?..I would not totally describe U Blog or Utadanet as fan societies, I like the more positive ?communities vibe?. But I offered that many fans overseas fans take a great pleasure in sharing their Hikki thoughts and experiences, with similar likeminded English speaking fans. And to send out a courteous message earlier to inform fans that Hikki heath was improving would have been seen as caring. Anyway I forgive them, I EMI sent me a ?Heart Station? poster yesterday, I had babble I was so happy and surprised?

My cousins have also been helping me understand ?Hikki Utada? Japanese fan societies, Jpop fan groups, I have made new friends and will share when I get a break from having to do my usual family ritual of explaining why I have progressed no further with my Japanese language studies from my last visit, there is a interesting thread/news discussion going on in one group and ?news sheet? about the last Hikki blog and a more detailed account about her meeting and chat with one Gene Simmons, I have some Jmags and Jnewspaper articles about this and to give you some idea , this is a taste from Mr Simmons own whikki:

In June 2008, in an interview with AOL News, Simmons blamed those who upload and download copyrighted music for the hard times that the music industry is experiencing. Simmons was quoted as saying: "The record industry is dead. It's six feet underground and unfortunately the fans have done this. They've decided to download and file share. There is no record industry around so we're going to wait until everybody settles down and becomes civilized. As soon as the record industry pops its head up we'll record new material." This is not the first time that Simmons has blamed those who upload and download copyrighted music for the falling fortunes of the music industry. In a November 2007 interview, he is quoted as saying that "Every little college kid, every freshly-scrubbed little kid's face should have been sued off the face of the earth."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Simmons

Now, Hikki ?Jfans? are somewhat more clued up and appear much faster ?out the traps? to inquire than us more polite and patient fans (that?s me you understand a picture of how to be patient) LOL.

I am on a tight leash, with all my family, keeping a close eye on my Hikki activities and making sure that I am busy committing time to family stuff.

So sorry to post all at once in one thread and if some is off topic, the admins and moderator have been ?climbing out their prams? and bending my ears over this threatening the ?crap thread?, it would be helpful if I had respect for conformity and rules. Lol

I have so much to post lots about Japan response to TITO, all exciting stuff, not sure how a when I am going post all this but I have 5 weeks here, and we move to Tokyo to main family next few days so might get more time so stay tuned?.
Posted on: 2009/7/7 2:21
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
The fool comment was do to the idea of you thinking Exodus is an album full of gibberish.I'll explain to you any song on the album you wish.And in return you have to explain "Poppin'".

Music to my ears LoBFCanti...now where to begin

Poppin:

Hey (hey), hey (hey), hey (hey), hey (hey), hey (hey), hey
I wanna see the bottles poppin'
Hey (hey), hey (hey), hey (hey), hey
I wanna see, I wanna see, I wanna see the bottles poppin'
Work our toosh way to the front of the line, the line
Bouncers gonna let us in 'cause we're fine, so fine
Girls, you know we have it better than the boys, uh
Yes
Girls, you know we have it better than the boys
Yes
Sexy stiletto boots, tight jeans, no panties on
Oops, did I turn you on?
I only came to party, party
Oops, did I turn you on? Did I turn you on? Oops, did I turn you on?
See the stars up in the sky, they're all mine, all mine
There's a full moon out tonight
The wolves cry, wolves cry
Yes
Yes
Oops, did I turn you on?
Yeah, you heard me right
They're all mine, the stars in the sky
But I can share if you like
Would you like that?
Hey, we make the beat go
All night, all night, all night
Hey, I might be crazy but I'm
All right, all right
Work our toosh way to the front of the line (the line)
Bouncers gonna let us in 'cause we're fine (so fine)

Well, ?Poppin? is Hikki?s ?Charles Dickens?, ?nightclub mix?, LoBFcanti, is about when a gal like me for instance , meets the perfect guy, and let be honest about this, it?s a fantasy, have you ever worked your toosh, with Sexy stiletto boots, tight jeans, no sheddies (panties to you and me)on?

Try it LoBFcanti, it really does give the lyrics a more Lucien quality and the dance beats make Hikki hot and gooey, Now LoBFcanti have you never felt a little hot and gooey before?.....Then listen closely to poppin and do a little ?poppin? yourself you might like it..

Now please explain as promised for Billy and I what makes every track on Exodus pop for you??..Automatic pt2 comes later

Nice to meet you by the way
Posted on: 2009/7/7 8:17
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:

Music to my ears LoBFCanti...now where to begin

Poppin:

Work our toosh way to the front of the line, the line
Bouncers gonna let us in 'cause we're fine, so fine
Yes
Yes
Oops, did I turn you on?
See the stars up in the sky, they're all mine, all mine
There's a full moon out tonight
The wolves cry, wolves cry
Yes
Yes
Oops, did I turn you on?
Yeah, you heard me right
They're all mine, the stars in the sky
But I can share if you like
Would you like that?
Hey, we make the beat go
All night, all night, all night
Hey, I might be crazy but I'm
All right, all right
Work our toosh way to the front of the line (the line)
Bouncers gonna let us in 'cause we're fine (so fine)

Well, ?Poppin? is Hikki?s ?Charles Dickens?, ?nightclub mix?, LoBFcanti, is about when a gal like me for instance , meets the perfect guy, and let be honest about this, it?s a fantasy, have you ever worked your toosh, with Sexy stiletto boots, tight jeans, no sheddies (panties to you and me)on?

Try it LoBFcanti, it really does give the lyrics a more Lucien quality and the dance beats make Hikki hot and gooey, Now LoBFcanti have you never felt a little hot and gooey before?.....Then listen closely to poppin and do a little ?poppin? yourself you might like it..

Now please explain as promised for Billy and I what makes every track on Exodus pop for you??..Automatic pt2 comes later

Nice to meet you by the way

Oh dear god,Pips :D I can't say I've had the pleasure of being a woman on the prowl for a night of fun at the clubs.I can't say that I've had the pleasure of being a woman at all XD.But I digress,your synopsis was convincing enough that there is a conceivable theme in the song.But it's still not good in my opinion.But I'd heard people say the same about Animato.Animato really speaks to me as why she took the Exodus project to heart.I felt she shared a her feelings about working with Timbaland,while in the same time wishing for some source of deeper enlightenment/inspiration.

What song would you like in particular,Guys?
Posted on: 2009/7/7 9:21
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...56789>