•  llama
      llama
Re: Seriously, where is Utada???
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

yvliew wrote:
seriously.. don't call urself fans..

Why can they not call themselves fans? I see nothing wrong with what they said. What's wrong with thinking Hikki deserves a break or time to recover?

It is worrysome to not hear anything, but she most likely is just resting. Since she was sick, if she jumped right back into things as soon as she recovered, she would most likely just fall ill again. I would rather have her hold off for awhile so she can make a full recovery than to have her burn herself completely out.

Who are you to say who is and isn't a fan, anyway? o_O There are different levels of fandom. Just because someone isn't totally obsessive about someone doesn't mean they are not a fan. Just because some posters aren't falling on their knees crying because of lack of updates doesn't mean they aren't fans... so I honestly don't see what that comment was for.

Just because Hikki is a celebrity doesn't mean she has to follow the beck and call of so called fans, anyway. Give her a break. We all need a break sometimes. She is no different.
Posted on: 2009/6/27 20:52
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16/Male/Singapore
Well juz let her have wat she wants and do wat she likes...
I would feel happy if she is.
Posted on: 2009/6/27 20:57
  •  Studebaker
      Studebaker
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
It's obvious; Utada's going so far as to stoke a war between the butt-hurt and not-so-butt-hurt fans. Genius, I tell you. Genius.
Posted on: 2009/6/27 22:24
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

Studebaker wrote:
It's obvious; Utada's going so far as to stoke a war between the butt-hurt and not-so-butt-hurt fans. Genius, I tell you. Genius.

I have no idea whether this is sarcastic or not, but I don't think Utada has anything to do with this. It's just fans getting antsy because we're used to to having updates. We're spoiled by Hikki and her blog. ^^

And, honestly, it would be nice to at least know she's alright. The fan-artist connection that Hikki has with us is one of her most appealing qualities as a performer, and getting first-hand information from her is a privilege we all value. But it isn't a right, and I do respect Hikki's privacy. I'm sure she has a good reason for not blogging: she always does. For now, I just fill the time I would be reading her blog imagining what she could be doing on a professional level: planning a tour, writing new music, etc. Even if she's not doing any of that stuff, it's comforting to think she is. xD
Above all, though, I just hope she's resting and getting better. I'm not all that worried about where she is. Utada will do as Utada does and come back to us eventually, when she feels it's right to. No sense getting concerned. She's her own person, she has her own life, and damn the masses because she should enjoy it. ;]

Shuri/Eli
Posted on: 2009/6/27 22:48
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
Quote:

yvliew wrote:

seriously.. don't call urself fans..

Seriously, yvliew? Seriously?

When you invite others to discuss, please be prepared for opposing opinions. Just because someone doesn't tell you what you want to hear, doesn't warrant accusing them of not being a fan.

Please respect all members and opinions in this community.

Warning #1.

-admin
Posted on: 2009/6/28 1:14
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Please forgive me for butting in, Utada.net is difficult to resist!

How are you ? How you get getting on ? Have not heard from you for a while are you ok? Whats up? How are you feeling? Are you feeling better?

And last one from Dad ?Howzzzzz it hanging ?? (the thoughts franky gross).

All these are simple gestures of human kindness, when meeting friends , family , work , school, college, a polite and simple gesture, Hello how are you ?

So Aren?t we all asking the same question?

It took just 10 minutes on viewing Evangelion site for Sis to say ?nothing new here I?m afraid, but the remix sounds good, and you still have the karaoke contest to look forward too?

How can ?How are you?? Be contorted into Hikki?s rights to personal privacy, and ?she does not have to tell us anything??? I don?t understand the tone, U3 and Utada are global brands , it is in there business interest to keep us as customers informed let allone as fans.

While trying to crack the code of the perfect Hikki Fans DNA, in between seraphim?s fascinating Hikki bio/hist masterclass (and??. members better read and study carefully?. questions will follow later), all fans want to be treated with respect ,hearing fans quoting ?mind yer own business? or ?She doen?t have to tell you anything? does Hikki no favors, both are rude and display basic lack good manners. Not something Hikki would like to associated with, even coming from Hikki most ardent Utada.net spokes people.

When I called Bruce Stringstein a singing fossil for appearing at Glastonbury 2009, I did him a great injustice, on TV last night there he was paying homage in front of 100,000 fans looking not one of his 59 years of age, I am not a fan of his sound or music but I will bow to a true rock star in the literal sense, and the respect Bruce pays to his fans some of whom have spent a lifetime following his music and attendig his Concerts.

Now compare this to Hikki fans being told to be patient when just asking ?how are you?? Are you feeling better?

What possible logical, moral reason could Hikki entourage have not to answer?
Posted on: 2009/6/28 1:47
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
Thanks Pips, those were good points that you brought up. I think the whole thread had a negative tone because it started kind of negative. Saying that Hikki "isn't doing anything" can sound very negative and set people off. To say the least, people could be offended because just because we don't see her doing anything in public, doesn't mean she isn't doing anything behind-the-scenes. We all know she's a very private person anyways.

And if you want to see a long newsless time, check the blog translation site archive. You can see from 2004 April all the way to 2005 January, she had no blog posts whatsoever (and nothing Japanese released too! Exodus came out in the middle there with little to no fanfare as we all know) while her comeback post gave no explanation of why she was away for so long.

Quote:

http://hikki.blogspot.com/2005/01/long-time-no-see.html

It's been so long since I last updated that I'd been embarrassed to update here again. . . It's something like those appreciative words "it's delicious" or "thank you" that the husband of the married couple with poor communications for a long time is hesitant to tell his wife. . . that kind of stuff. (I'm still the same when trying to explain things)

And I don't think the Hikki entourage is purposefully staying quiet. When you're working and in the business world, two months can go by REALLY quickly without you even realizing that two months have gone by. Sure, it seems long to us fans because we're WAITING, but when you're working and have so much on your plate, it can easily fly by without notice.
Posted on: 2009/6/28 11:50
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Quote:

llama wrote:

It is worrysome to not hear anything, but she most likely is just resting. Since she was sick, if she jumped right back into things as soon as she recovered, she would most likely just fall ill again. I would rather have her hold off for awhile so she can make a full recovery than to have her burn herself completely out.

I agree with this part of what llama said...

Quote:

Shurikid wrote:

And, honestly, it would be nice to at least know she's alright. The fan-artist connection that Hikki has with us is one of her most appealing qualities as a performer, and getting first-hand information from her is a privilege we all value. But it isn't a right, and I do respect Hikki's privacy. I'm sure she has a good reason for not blogging: she always does. For now, I just fill the time I would be reading her blog imagining what she could be doing on a professional level: planning a tour, writing new music, etc. Even if she's not doing any of that stuff, it's comforting to think she is. xD
Above all, though, I just hope she's resting and getting better. I'm not all that worried about where she is. Utada will do as Utada does and come back to us eventually, when she feels it's right to. No sense getting concerned. She's her own person, she has her own life, and damn the masses because she should enjoy it. ;]

I agree also agree with Shurikid, that it is our privilege to get first-hand information... so I think that we should not complain when Hikki doesn't post at all... Though... I hope that she at least post a message now and then just to say she is doing well...
Posted on: 2009/6/28 12:03
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
lets just hope she is alright guys
Posted on: 2009/6/29 1:30
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>