Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Rumour that Hikki doesn't enjoy her US Promotions?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Re: Rumour that Hikki doesn't enjoy her US Promotions?
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Joss had to and I quote ?live and breathe the US music business for more than 2 years? before she measured moderate success, an example in Joss?s grammy nominations and award:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sNg--_kepI
Hikki will have to live and work continually in the US for maybe a year or longer before seeing the fruits of her endeavours, a few weeks won?t make the slightest of difference, and I have no doubt Hikki can do this as a songwriter and musician, I not sure that Hikki wants to do this if it meana sacrificing her Japanese lifestyle and home life.
Posted on: 2009/7/7 2:50
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
Joss had to and I quote ?live and breathe the US music business for more than 2 years? before she measured moderate success, an example in Joss?s grammy nominations and award:
Hikki will have to live and work continually in the US for maybe a year or longer before seeing the fruits of her endeavours, a few weeks won?t make the slightest of difference, and I have no doubt Hikki can do this as a songwriter and musician, I not sure that Hikki wants to do this if it meana sacrificing her Japanese lifestyle and home life.

Yeah your right... and sacrificing her Japanese lifestyle might also change how she does her work....
Posted on: 2009/7/7 3:55
  •  flipbeats
      flipbeats
Re: Rumour that Hikki doesnt enjoy her US Promotions?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L male
being in another country and being in the US comparing what country it is.. i feel like its funner to be in other countries and i'm guessing she is more socially accepted and feels more comfortable there because it is her roots. A good example is when i go back home to the Philippines.. it feels like US is the most boring place on the face of the planet.. the only good part is the luxury and money that u work for thats gives an up for the US. So mabe she just like it better there.. idk just a guess

Posted on: 2009/7/7 4:19
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
I can see why Hikki loves life here in Japan, the music industry is so different, and I know that we read reports of interviews harping on about ?no difference? between US, European, and Japanese music industry but there so is.
There are so many ?differences? between the UK and Japan, Japanese people appreciate more the calmness of life, being polite and respectful even when people strongly disagree, taking almost mystical pleasure in natures changing seasons.

But I miss my friends in UK , and home life , and London , I can understand now why Hikki is reluctant to resume TITO promotion , who would want to leave a comfort zone , for maybe 18 months of constant promo, interviews, little or no privacy, crappy studio?s , boneheaded MJ?s, and the more demanding fans , me for instance.

I am astonished how advanced mobile phone technology is, mobile wimax connections are common place, music downloads are the norm here with sounds and tracks pre-promoted known as sort off download, listen and buy ?all in one? with lots of ?one offs? on ?download to mobile??.Hikki has this market down to a tee, U3 really cream in on this type of track delivery. Plus Hikki is ?free? to do as she pleases musically as well as private life wise, Mums hovering to visit more aunts for more serious bowing ?.
Posted on: 2009/7/7 4:58
  •  hikki_is_my_homegirl
      hikki_is_my_homegirl
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 30-US
eh, the rumour does sound possible. me personally dislikes Def Jam just for the fact that they don't care to much about Utada, their more concern with others, like no offense but Mariah Carey, yes she is a good performer, but why not give Utada the same respect and promotion, example go to Utada's site and you'll see ad's for Mariah's new single and album, i wouldn't want to put up with it either, but then again, it's not fair to the US fans
Posted on: 2009/7/7 8:17
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:

Her dad still owns an apartment here in NYC.She needs some promotional seriously.If she can give the US a full year,she can make a dent.
Posted on: 2009/7/7 10:08
  •  CherrySoda
      CherrySoda
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/F/NC
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
Please CherrySoda I?ve been quite clear about race, the ?last bit? is purely a quip not too be taken seriously, it?s a rant against pop snobbery, in the context of understanding Asian musical culture as a whole, nothing there about racial identify , which is something different entirely.

I just thought that last bit was a little over the edge and gross.
Also, I don't think "snobbery" has anything to do with it. It's hard to make it in the music business and sometimes it does take a few albums before one is really noticed. I often think of my other favorite singer, Keith Urban. He had 3 CDs before he really became popular. Now he is one of the most awarded and recognized singers in the country music community with sold out concerts everywhere he goes.
I mean, seriously...Where do you get this "snobbery" crap anyways? Have YOU been in the music business? Do YOU know how it works? No, I don't think so.
Posted on: 2009/7/7 10:28
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
I'm getting the strongest feeling that she just doesn't give two shakes of a rat's ass.

TITO's promo is turning out to be one hot tranny mess.
Posted on: 2009/7/7 11:33
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
I know nothing about the recording industry other than 2 week work experiences with Sony BMG, my comments are based on nothing more than my personal opinion, the opinion of an 18 year old, my humble opinion.
This is also the experience of a 15 year old, crap to you but still meaningful to me.
Keith Urban I do not know well but after you posted I have listened to some of his stuff, and I like ?Without you?, so we can say tentatively say that we have something musically in common, that?s assuming you can see past a quip.
It is 03:44 in the morning here in Japan and I had the respect to reply to you now, instead of waiting till the morning, and I have lots to do then, so take it as a gesture of understanding your opinion.
So if you want to debate race in this context do it in a darkened room with likeminded people without me I moved on from this crap many years ago!
Pip
Posted on: 2009/7/7 11:55
  •  CherrySoda
      CherrySoda
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/F/NC
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
I know nothing about the recording industry other than 2 week work experiences with Sony BMG, my comments are based on nothing more than my personal opinion, the opinion of an 18 year old, my humble opinion.
This is also the experience of a 15 year old, crap to you but still meaningful to me.
Keith Urban I do not know well but after you posted I have listened to some of his stuff, and I like ?Without you?, so we can say tentatively say that we have something musically in common, that?s assuming you can see past a quip.
It is 03:44 in the morning here in Japan and I had the respect to reply to you now, instead of waiting till the morning, and I have lots to do then, so take it as a gesture of understanding your opinion.
So if you want to debate race in this context do it in a darkened room with likeminded people without me I moved on from this crap many years ago!
Pip

I'm not bringing race into it, Pips. And I can see past a quip.
Some of the things you say or perhaps the way you say them, sound very offending at times. Just sayin'.
Posted on: 2009/7/7 12:04
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>