Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Other Music
  Ayumi Hamasaki - New Single >> Sunrise / Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ (8/12/09)

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Moodring
      Moodring
Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - New Single >> Sunrise / Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ (8/12/09)
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19/f
^Yeah Ayumi writes most of her songs (if not all). Can't wait 2 hear the tracks!
Posted on: 2009/7/9 8:48
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
I have just been given a long lecture from Cousin that Ayumi writes all her own Lyrics, can any member tell me if Ayumi has written any of her song ?

I am too frighten to ask Cousin, because the look on her face indicates that it a criminal offence not to know and I?m not particularly partial to her ?sticking her head? on me.

Yes,she has composed(not all her works) as well as written her all her lyrics.Surprised she's not self-producing already.If Kameda or Dai Nagao aren't working with an artist under Avex then there is a good chance that they are set for a long career.Those guys seem to be Avex Tracks master trump producers and composers.They make hits.Kameda has a lot a freedom do to it too it seems."Nah,I can't take on any new artist for the year,I got a Tokyo Jihen tour/Album coming up.",and this has happen 4 times within the past 5 years and he still has his avex's job.Avex's isn't slow on dropping dead weight so he's doing something right.
Posted on: 2009/7/11 10:36
  •  sswx2187
      sswx2187
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I probably will never get around to listening to this but maybe.. Despite the fact that she writes her lyrics and maybe produces a track here and there is very unimpressive to me. Avex owns her.. and they work her like wh0|23

I really liked her music when I first got into the whole thing about 2.5 years ago.. I had her whole back catalog to analyze.. but now I'm just bored of her. Maybe its because I cannot understand her words but from the translations and thorough reading on certain aspects of her music I've found them to be all over the place and very odd.

As far as how music is produced.. her record label tells her which songs of hers they will put on the album.. who will make what beat for her.. and which takes of her vocal recordings they will use. She doesnt make the music.. (this is how 99% of major labels operate with ALL their artists)

But maybe avex is special for her.. or maybe not.
Posted on: 2009/7/11 10:58
  •  sswx2187
      sswx2187
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I probably will never get around to listening to this but maybe.. Despite the fact that she writes her lyrics and maybe produces a track here and there is very unimpressive to me. Avex owns her.. and they work her like wh0|23

I really liked her music when I first got into the whole thing about 2.5 years ago.. I had her whole back catalog to analyze.. but now I'm just bored of her. Maybe its because I cannot understand her words but from the translations and thorough reading on certain aspects of her music I've found the lyrics to be all over the place and very odd.

As far as how music is produced.. her record label tells her which songs of hers they will put on the album.. who will make what beat for her.. and which takes of her vocal recordings they will use. She doesnt make the music.. (this is how 99% of major labels operate with ALL their artists)

Posted on: 2009/7/11 10:58
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I love her music, but many of her songs sound very similar, despite the fact that she has covered many genres. Still, I like her summer songs. They put me in a good mood and I love her music videos!
Posted on: 2009/7/11 20:27
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
LoBFCanti:
[Yes,she has composed(not all her works) as well as written
her all her lyrics.Surprised she's not self-producing already.If Kameda or Dai Nagao aren't working with an artist under Avex then there is a good chance that they are set for a long career.Those guys seem to be Avex Tracks master trump producers and composers.They make hits.Kameda has a lot a freedom do to it too it seems."Nah,I can't take on any new artist for the year,I got a Tokyo Jihen tour/Album coming up.",and this has happen 4 times within the past 5 years and he still has his avex's job.Avex's isn't slow on dropping dead weight so he's doing something right.

Quote:

sswx2187 wrote:

I really liked her music when I first got into the whole thing about 2.5 years ago.. I had her whole back catalog to analyze.. but now I'm just bored of her. Maybe its because I cannot understand her words but from the translations and thorough reading on certain aspects of her music I've found them to be all over the place and very odd.

I?m a bit dim, friends etc keep referring to managers, agents, owners, contracts, does Avex manage other artist, it would help if I knew who Avex was there seems to be a lots of Avex?z around, would Ayumi have had the degree of success if not associated with Avex.
I hear from time to time about these so-called ?super managers? who have a major say in the whole industry, not sure if it?s just chit chat, It all appears so secretive?
Posted on: 2009/7/11 23:53
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

sswx2187 wrote:

I really liked her music when I first got into the whole thing about 2.5 years ago.. I had her whole back catalog to analyze.. but now I'm just bored of her. Maybe its because I cannot understand her words but from the translations and thorough reading on certain aspects of her music I've found the lyrics to be all over the place and very odd.

Well they were that way with a lot of artist at first.Koda for one.She wasn't bringing RhythmZone no money.But after you prove successful they loosen up slowly.A Song for XX was well received because of it's lyrics.Not it's arrangements.It was obvious to Avex and Ayu.She still picks which arrangements she wants to work on/with.Though she doesn't often create or finalize them.It that way for most artist that write.You can't write for an arrangement you don't agree with(with the exception of A Song for XX).And translated lyrics are at times rough.A lot of ppl can't concieve exact translations and others are too loose.Shiina Ringo seems to make note that if the song is gonna be translated,she'll do it herself.It's weird to re-interpret a lot Japanese.There are some things that call for a lot of assumption.But Step YOU is a f***ing weird song.I'll give you that.
Posted on: 2009/7/12 23:31
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
The Covers:

I'll find HQ pics sooner or later....
Posted on: 2009/7/18 14:25
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
ViVi Magazine (September Issue)

Posted on: 2009/7/26 15:40
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Ayu is looking smoking hot. =D Though, I don't really approve of the covers.
Posted on: 2009/7/26 15:43
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>