Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Other Music
  Ayumi Hamasaki - New Single >> Sunrise / Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ (8/12/09)

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - New Single >> Sunrise / Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ (8/12/09)
guest_Unregistered
I think Sunset should be renamed "Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~ (ballad ver.)". It's disappointing that she rehashed the song.

I think Morning Musume with their upcoming single release should get number one on the Oricon instead of Ayu. Yep, I said it and i'm dead serious.
Posted on: 2009/8/10 11:27
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
I think Sunset should be renamed "Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~ (ballad ver.)". It's disappointing that she rehashed the song.

I think Morning Musume with their upcoming single release should get number one on the Oricon instead of Ayu. Yep, I said it and i'm dead serious.

It's not happening if it's released the same day.
Posted on: 2009/8/10 11:42
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:

It's not happening if it's released the same day.

But it's going to be released on the same day and it's going to happen. Watch and see.

GO MORNING MUSUME~! -breaks down into some crazy, synchronized wota dance-
Posted on: 2009/8/10 11:55
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
You can't post for a whole week without saying "and she no 'fraid nothing" at the end of it if I'm right >:}
Posted on: 2009/8/10 12:04
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
At the end of every post? xD Alright then.
Posted on: 2009/8/10 12:11
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Now that you've served your time.

なんちゃって恋愛 = Sunrise/Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~

Both are not at all the best songs from the said artists.But I feel that LOVE is ALL is more consistent.There were parts I like in Nanchatte Renai but I didn't like the whole song.I enjoyed Sunrise as a full song.But that was on the first listen :/ I actually feel this song is pretty average now.Still much more consistent.I actually tried to listen to it today but I stopped like 1:20 in and just played "And Then..."
Posted on: 2009/8/19 20:55
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I agree with you, both songs are not really great. I like "Nanchatte Renai", but it gets tiresome after a while and sounds a lot like their last single. The same goes with Ayu's "Sunrise". And since i'm slowly starting to resent Japanese ballads, i'm not really into "Sunset".

I do like Morning Musume, their songs are fun to listen to, the girls are cute and they're good performers. That's pretty much it. Or maybe I'm just shallow and only got into Morning Musume because of Ai Takahashi.

Wait, this is an Ayu thread, isn't it? xD
Posted on: 2009/8/21 15:50
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
sorry for being random but i wanted to share something i noticed the other day....
erm i realized that Ayu's song NEXT LEVEL (the chorus part) sounds strangely similar to Halcali's Long Kiss Good Bye did ayu steal the chorus? lol

for those who dont know the songs, here are the links!
i'm referring to the part around 00:48 - 1:10 in Halcali's video

Ayu's NEXT LEVEL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaSLrxVVWAc

Halcali's Long Kiss Good Bye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-5bjTvM_GQ
Posted on: 2009/8/22 5:17
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Kumachang wrote:
sorry for being random but i wanted to share something i noticed the other day....
erm i realized that Ayu's song NEXT LEVEL (the chorus part) sounds strangely similar to Halcali's Long Kiss Good Bye did ayu steal the chorus? lol

for those who dont know the songs, here are the links!
i'm referring to the part around 00:48 - 1:10 in Halcali's video

Ayu's NEXT LEVEL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaSLrxVVWAc

Halcali's Long Kiss Good Bye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-5bjTvM_GQ

I didn't listen yet but I'm very familiar with Next level and if she could have possibly sampled....that's not a crime.But if you mean melody wise.I highly doubt it.NEXT LEVEL is a Ayumi song if I've ever heard one.And I'm pretty sure all jokes aside,I've heard every.

Edit:Yeah the melody is pretty similar.Lyrics are obviously different,but this wouldn't be the first time two artist shared a similar melody on a song.Namie Amuro's Lovebite and Snoop Dog's Drop it like it's hot have the same melody.Lovebite just has more instrumentals....and came out a year early.
Posted on: 2009/8/23 1:43
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:

I didn't listen yet but I'm very familiar with Next level and if she could have possibly sampled....that's not a crime.But if you mean melody wise.I highly doubt it.NEXT LEVEL is a Ayumi song if I've ever heard one.And I'm pretty sure all jokes aside,I've heard every.

Edit:Yeah the melody is pretty similar.Lyrics are obviously different,but this wouldn't be the first time two artist shared a similar melody on a song.Namie Amuro's Lovebite and Snoop Dog's Drop it like it's hot have the same melody.Lovebite just has more instrumentals....and came out a year early.

don't worry i was joking, but it DOES sound similar imo :x apart from that, it would be her songwriter who "got inspired" by the song :P lol but still... do you think that's complete coincidence?
Posted on: 2009/8/23 9:16
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>