<1...45678910>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Utada in Hawaii
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

And once I can find a source to confirm that it was in fact 3 albums,then pull your heads out of the clouds and arses because TiTO isn't selling there either.

Its 2 albums, she said it in interview earlier this year.
It seems as though that TITO and her English career is pretty much dead at this point.

Did you notice how excited her "yes" was when asked if she wants to have kids?
She has this glow about her right now that tells me that she is truly in love and wants to start a family very soon.
She even specifically stated that she wanted to have more then one child.
She is in planning mode.

About the retirement thing....she said that if it weren't for the TITO project she would have retired.
Go back and listen to it again if you think I'm making this up.
The fact that she is even pondering retirement is very worrisome.

Also she said that she'll come to Hawaii before she retires.
Noticing a trend? How many times now has the "R" word come up?
I think she is dropping hints.

This is probably the reason why she hasn't blogged. She must feel that since she isn't working on any upcoming projects and no more singles are to be released that there is no point in blogging to her fans.

I think it's ironic that this DJ guy was making fun of her fans by calling them "stalkers' then promptly went into stalker mode with some his invasive questions like "Is it true what the they say about Japanese guys?" and "who is your boyfriend"?
WTF? he wanted her to say that Japanese men have small penises and the name of her boyfriend?
He also said " oh so you like to fool ar...(ound)" and then cut himself off when he realized that he was about to call her a "slut".
What a jerk.

Anyway....I hate to say this but I think we scared Hikki into ceasing promotion of TITO.
She has such a laid back and passive personality and she was literally shellshocked by her American fans at the Sephora events.I think she realized that she didn't want all this attention and crazy fans stalking her in the US.
Remember in February and March how excited she was? Blogging in her myspace,recording videos of herself, doing tons of interviews and then the Sephora events came and went and she left town in a hurry and stopped posting messages and has been practically in hiding for 4 months.

We scared the living shit out of her people.

Well I hope she doesn't retire, that would make me very sad.
By the way I love that she gained her weight back, she looks really wonderful.
Posted on: 2009/8/23 7:49
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Quote:
WTF, "rabid"?

And, yeah, because I'm sure I'm the one who intimidated her. I was dressed in an effeminate, colorful blazer and my little sister was hanging onto my arm. I must have conveyed such a persona of animosity that she decided right then and there I was the reason her stateside promotions were going to fail. Boy, do I feel ashamed of myself. I mean, it's like I could have just as easily expressed my admiration for her in calm, quiet words over the screams and cries of her other adoring fans. Or maybe you think she would have been able to read my poetic lips from the other side of the room?

Ha ha ha ha. So you mean to say that you weren't foaming at the mouth and sensitive to light? How ever did I get that impression?

I'm a very reserved individual, very Asian, I suppose (it may come with the skin colour) so I don't think that I could act that way even for Hikki.

However, I empathsize. It's really difficult to express your fandom in such a way that makes an impression on someone when you're in a crowd.

I'm sure that at her first glance at you she concluded that she hated all US fans and was going to abort TITO like an unwanted child.

If that isn't dry sarcasm, then you're being way too hard on yourself. From watching the videos of the Sephora events, I'm sure that you were not the only loud one that made an impression.

Ghostdog, you're being too critical of the host. I think that the brought life to the party. His sense of humour dispelled the awkwardness of the interview for me. So what if he asked about Japanese penis sizes and probing questions? Hikki skillfully dodged that as Neo does bullets in the first Matrix movie.

Am I the only one bored about people chiming "50 million albums", "Brittany Spears of Japan", "Your English is so good!", "Is this your debut?" over and over? I found the man refreshing. And frankly, it was damned funny.

Perhaps you're reading too far into this, Ghostdog. I'm thinking we'll get one more single comp. out of her, and at least one final album. Perhaps I'm being far too hopeful, perhaps.
Posted on: 2009/8/23 10:13
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
About the retirement thing....she said that if it weren't for the TITO project she would have retired.
Go back and listen to it again if you think I'm making this up.

Again, difference in interpretation. What I heard her say was that if it weren't for her English-language work in general she would have been retired. The impression I got from her was that doing music in English breathed new life into her career and kept her going whereas the Japanese market had already begun to stale for her. But then after Exodus she felt prepared to return to Japan and make new music there. But I have to agree that TITO probably will end up being the death of her career. I sincerely hope not and I wish Hikki would give some sort of definitive answer, but she's always said she wanted to retire around the age she is now and have kids or something, so it won't surprise me if that's what she does.

Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:
I'm sure that at her first glance at you she concluded that she hated all US fans and was going to abort TITO like an unwanted child.

I had to pull this quote out. It's too darn funny. Gosh, the imagery. xD

"Bye Bye TITO!"

Ehh, I'm starting to think we're all just being huge worry-warts. Hikki will let us know in time what her plans are. I'm really impatient for some kind of news, but this interview was revealing and interesting and it's something to tide me over. Hopefully the Utada drought will come to an end soon and she'll either resume promotions or tell us promotions are over or retire or start working on more Japanese stuff or something. She has a lot of options open to her.

Speaking of record contracts, does anyone know what her deal with her Japanese record company is? I don't know if she's ever talked about it, but if she has any more responsibilities to fill with EMI that might signal upcoming work. Although I'd really hate to think she's making music only because she has to and not because she truly wants to. :/

Shuri/Eli
Posted on: 2009/8/23 10:45
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
hikki don't smoke guys! tats like prolly the only cigaweed she ever had in her whole life! damn lolz and as for the interview, it was actually quite entertaning, even tho the interviewer guy is a total dumbass, (srry language) and now atleats we know she can have kids still lolz and her boyfriend is full blooded japanese
Posted on: 2009/8/23 18:26
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
She still young to retire "26 years old " , i guess she got to much burden within herself. As a famous singer many fans expecting her to always make good song , in the end maybe she stressed out , tired and she want to take a break from her routines life .

I guess this bye bye for her English work, maybe she will continue make an album but only Japanese Album. I'm hoping that way, her Japanese album lot better on every aspect.
On her Japanese Album she's not stuck on one kind genre, write and better and meaningful lyrics and that's more like to her.

I think Hikki doesn't need to entering US music industry, she has many fans out there in this earth. Who will bought her Japanese works no matter what, even the fans doesn't understand Japanese words.

Music were universal it can reach every aspect in life, words is not a boundary
Posted on: 2009/8/23 22:08
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Utada is way too good of an artist to only be popular in Japan and the rest of Asia.
I really do hope she has something up her sleeve..
Posted on: 2009/8/23 22:15
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Finally saw the vid. That was really fun! Man oh man am i so glad to just see new Utada stuff in months. We were starved were we not?! Also got see the deep thinking that goes on in her head, as well as what she's done in her life lol. She's a freaky girl .

I hope that Utada DOES do something with rap or hip hop cuz the end where she was singing Biggie's hypnotize me, it was just wicked awesomely sick how she just busted out with the beat the guy (cooly?) gave. She's gotta make more of that.
Posted on: 2009/8/24 0:54
  •  forever_dreamer
      forever_dreamer
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L Forever Young XD/F/Bunny-Chocolate-Ice Cream Land
Well she could be an occasional smoker at best and she probably was stressed out about stuff and also sad that Michael Jackson was gone (it was a pretty depressing day truthfully). She might retire and she might not, we'll never know unless it actually happens. I honestly think she could use a well deserved break to just relax and maybe start a family lol! It'll be sad if she does but at least we'll have her older stuff to listen to and enjoy!

I was kinda scared for her to get big in the U.S. because of the paparazzi bothering her and I would think that she would want to remain somewhat anonymous here in the U.S. since she's already huge in Japan.

I don't think she's scared of her fans here 'cuz of the Sephora events but maybe she was just shocked that so many showed up and she didn't know how to take it lol. I don't blame the fans that were there for screaming their heads off and being excited though. I wouldn't have done the same but I have a reason... I'm pretty shy lol. I would've just stood and stared in disbelief thinking, "Wow Hikki is here? Am I dreaming or what?"

If I was her I wouldn't want to get too famous here either. I would love for her to get noticed here don't get me wrong but I don't blame her if she doesn't want to get really famous here.
Posted on: 2009/8/24 5:16
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
Finally saw the vid. That was really fun! Man oh man am i so glad to just see new Utada stuff in months. We were starved were we not?! Also got see the deep thinking that goes on in her head, as well as what she's done in her life lol. She's a freaky girl .

I hope that Utada DOES do something with rap or hip hop cuz the end where she was singing Biggie's hypnotize me, it was just wicked awesomely sick how she just busted out with the beat the guy (cooly?) gave. She's gotta make more of that.

she should really do hip-hop songs 4realz lolz tats should be her next goal =D

@forever_dreamer:

if she smokes, then her voice wouldn't be this great
Posted on: 2009/8/24 7:19
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
This is a joke isn?t it, this masquerade is supposed to be promotion for TITO, complete hobbledybollocks, at first I thought this was a coach party of weight watchers fallen off the wagon, I have never seen so many muffin tops, and bingo wings congregating in the same area, it the whole amateurish nature of the event, whoever cobbled this together is totally lacking in any experience or competence in any form or promotional ability, where the TITO branding!!!!!!!

This meet and greet bears all the hallmarks of amateur promotional cowboys, from the Jock?s lame banter to the lack of direction of the whole event, I don't know how anyone can watch it and not laugh. When my Mother and I watched this morning together we almost cried laughing.

I half expected Hikki to get up and raid the buffet, sorry to say this I am glad that Hikki does not want to make it on the US, at least her life long fans can be spared the embarrassment of witnessing Hikki connected with this type of embarrassingly naff presentation.

It just simply won't do any more, virtually anybody can now produce a presentable promo, either be it for a school operatic society or play, so one would expect from a musician and songwriter that has had such spectacular success in Japan, what 50,000,000 unit sale to produce Promo that matches!!!!

To regain that edge and have any chance of being taken seriously professionally over seas Hikki will have to consider actually putting some effort into it!

The best quote of the lot was when Hikki said that she reached for fag when MJ died, this is the same Hikki that minutes earlier had been harping on about ?an extreme forms of tonsillitis? ?.are we seriously expected to believe that Hikki had Peri-Tonsillitis then in a matter of weeks after recovery started toting on a cigarette?..

No way, it?s insane??

Thanx to Raito for posting and CharlieBoy808 for the home video?..
Posted on: 2009/8/24 7:38
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...45678910>