•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: my 2D Basic Drawing Lessons
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

roovette04 wrote:
hmm tips... all in all u almost got it...

*for the lineart, the grids and proportions are very very important. after that.. there's a popular but tricky teachnique motto from proffessional artists.. "just draw what you see..." meaning, dont hesitate to add details that your not fond to draw.. esp shadows, eyebags,wrinkles etc...

AND.. for adding depth, you should use a very very dark shadow... dont hesitate to shade some parts of the face esp the cheeks and nose...

just draw what you see and that's it.. hehe!

Okay that's the though one, add details that not fond to draw.
Tell me what do you think of this. I'm looking at your Yui draw, and try it out to Hikki Deep river.

Posted on: 2009/7/27 19:05
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
hmm frankly speaking the illsutration uve made doesnt resemble hikki BUT i think the main cause is the shadows... if u notice, u only had a single shadow tone.. also, the nose. we should not draw the nose as a line art... let the shadows do its own thing.. ill post an example..

if u notice, i didnt drew the nose' bridge and its nosetrils (just the dark parts..)... in this pic, the highlights/lights is very close to the model/subject so there's just some minimum details.i also drew her eyebags.. its not comfortable to draw but it adds details.just imagine if i havnt drew them.. the face will look flat and will have no depth..

another example:

in the photo reference of this illustration. it has a very little light..almost dark actually...again. i didnt drew the nose' details.. the shadows alone will do the trick. i think this piece doesnt have that 'very' proportioned look but im happy coz i got the 'emotions'/facial reaction from the original photo...
again, eyebags and shadows that disturbs the model's face is not comfortable to draw but still.. theyre very important to the model's facial reaction..

btw, if u notice the lineart of the whole piece is very dark .. i used 2B.. u should use the full potential of ur pencil.. meaning the darkest that it will get and the lightest that it can reach
Posted on: 2009/7/27 22:19
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
yes, portraits are very sensitive in that way. Lines in general makes the face harsh. Like its good to have underlines of figuring out the placement of eyes, mouth etc. but you know what i mean. The hard part about capturing a likeness with a portrait, rests solely with eyes/mouth/nose, and face shape. Cause angles of the eyes and how sunken it is etc can cause a big or slight change. Like you can get a basic portrait down of the placement right, etc but it gets hard with capturing a likeness. My first portrait was really hard, which was i think...2 years ago

But basically during that time, i was just trying to get the likeness from the picture, but now looking at this i feel there needs to be slight changes etc. And sorry for the bad quality picture D: I had to take it with a camera, and the light reflected off of the frame, anywhoo, mehbeh i can take some pictures of recent portraits i did in class D:

Obviously for portraits, it is more harder to do children than adults, due to the fact that children portraits are extra sensitive in the way that they have very fine and smooth features and they are still in their development stages, but like my teacher said, "its easier to make children portraits scary than it is for adult portraits"

Posted on: 2009/7/28 1:20
  •  dral
      dral
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M
i love how this thread is becoming an art gallery. don't have to be just hikki's drawing right?

Posted on: 2009/7/28 1:49
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Edit : Sry took a while too understand the way how to draw that. Well the shortest shortcut was try and error then. Unless Roovette04 you came to teach me
Posted on: 2009/7/29 1:53
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Yesterday i was hoping another lesson from roovette04. Maybe she still busy
Posted on: 2009/8/2 20:18
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
yeeeeeeeeeeeey! after all my weird experiences in actual teaching, im still aliiiiiiiiiive!!!!!!

sorry guys for waiting. ive been busy in this past few weeks so i havent made some lessons for that previous week.

my class hasnt ended yet.. maybe 2 more sessions/ meetings left...

phew.... its very hard to focus on each student in art class.. i have 20 students all in all at the same time and they are all beginners.. its fun to teach but stressing if my student cant catch up with the others...

well as for this week, ive uploaded some .pdf lessons (not made by me) .. i just downloaded it on random sites but i guess theyre a very useful guides to beginners...

i include a portable adobe acrobat reader8 so u can read the files without installing any program so.. (but pls have som winrar coz ive extracted my folder into a .rar file)

enjoy reading! after my class at our skul ill explain the lessons tackled at the .pdf files.

here's the link:

2D Lessons
Posted on: 2009/8/18 11:02
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123