Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  When did you guys start becoming Utada's fan?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  1994China
      1994China
Re: When did you guys start becoming Utadas fan?
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I found out from her KH songs. When I first heard "Simple and Clean", I thought it was an American singer because her English was really good. I must've heard it 10 times. Then I moved on to her Ultra Blue songs and then to other ones.

When I heard she wasn't doing the KH3 song, I got really sad. That's how a lot of people in America knew her, and plus I want her to gain more recognition.
Posted on: 2009/7/20 10:32
  •  JTW
      JTW
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Add me to the list of post-Kingdom Hearts fans.
Posted on: 2009/7/21 22:23
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
ever since i listen to simple and clean playing Kingdom hearts lolz, i rememeber everytime KH CM is on TV i always have to watch and listen to the music, is that great! xD one day i was at my friends house listening to the song, and then i asked, "hey who is the artist who sing S&C?" and he replied, "umm Utada Hikaru" i was shocked! cuz i always thought it was a white girl who sang this song, not a asian girl LMAO! then after that i went home, got on my comp, start checking her out on yahoo, then BAM! instent love! check out all of her songs on youtube and stuff, tats my story

i've been a fan of hers about 6 years now
Posted on: 2009/7/25 1:13
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
was i the only one who actually found out who the artist was by looking in the KH game booklet at the lyrics and seeing that it said: "Simple and Clean" by Utada Hikaru?
Posted on: 2009/7/25 12:21
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

jesuislm wrote:
was i the only one who actually found out who the artist was by looking in the KH game booklet at the lyrics and seeing that it said: "Simple and Clean" by Utada Hikaru?

No.I remember that well.In fact,if I was at home I could type the mini bio they gave for her in the KH booklet.I might fight Sephiroth a couple of times while I got the case out.
Posted on: 2009/7/25 12:25
  •  dral
      dral
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M
when i watch Hero (the japanese drama) and i thought "can you keep a secret" was very catchy...and then she appeared in the show for that few seconds.

some research and (u)tadaaa!!!

Posted on: 2009/7/27 1:40
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
I first heard of Hikaru when an advert for Kingdom Hearts (the first game) came on TV. I remember I told my friend "download that song for me, I like it".

She did download it, but it wasn't the same song as I remembered of the ad, and I downloaded it myself.
I never knew who the artist was at first, until I searched through the Internet and found out. It was then I started to download her songs.
I remember FINAL DISTANCE being on a MySpace Music page, and downloading that in about 2006.
I remember I was obsessed with Hayashibara Megumi at the time, and wanted to have more Megumi songs than Hikaru songs.
But, Utada grew over and I bought the rest of her albums, and here I am today.
Posted on: 2009/7/28 12:01
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L M/ Newark, NJ, USA
Around 1999 or so. Automatic was getting regular airplay in Manila, Philippines, where I was living at the time.
Posted on: 2009/7/29 10:20
  •  dral
      dral
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M
I almost forgot Hayashibara Megumi. Remember her for that Shaman King song.
Haha, you reminded me!

Posted on: 2009/7/29 11:34
  •  buzzyrecky
      buzzyrecky
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/Male/Hawaii
i heard of her through my good japanese friends a few times, but I didnt care for her much until Heart Station just came out and my friend lent it to me.
Posted on: 2009/7/29 12:36
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>