Which Should Be The 2nd single
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 30-US
I Think On and On just because its a dance song
Posted on: 2009/7/18 11:48
Re: Which Should Be The 2nd single
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
Well, from what I see our best bet as the second single is "Apple & Cinnamon" because it's a fan favorite, she sated in a interview that the next single is whatever's the most popular on iTunes (Which is A&C) and it just has that radio sound. But as a single I rather have these, Dirty Desire, On And On, This One (Crying Like A Child), or Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence -FYI. I would like A&c too. But later as like a 3rd single but I would love to see a upbeat single with a really cool music video!
Posted on: 2009/7/18 13:57
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
"FYI Mr. L" just because the tune is so catchy and the melody's so pretty although "on and on" may appeal to the US market more just coz it sounds more "American"...
Posted on: 2009/7/18 16:58
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Dirty Desire,At least it would get up a club hit.MCML-FYI after that.
Posted on: 2009/7/18 17:32
  •  sswx2187
      sswx2187
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
In my opinion Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence is the obvious choice. On and On has the whole gay reference. I dont think this would fly publicly.. Not that i have anything against gays.. but straight people are the majority and this might make a younger and less accepting audience uncomfortable.. but then again Utada's audience might not apply to this. I'm thinking purely in marketability here.
Posted on: 2009/7/18 18:44
  •  Studebaker
      Studebaker
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Puhlease on the "uncomfortable" assumption. We've already got Katy Perry on the radio singing how she likes kissing girls. On and On lyrically and stylistically wouldn't make a dent in what's already an upside-down sexified industry.

I vote for Me Muero.
Posted on: 2009/7/18 20:08
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
I gotta go for FYI. Its summer, its an upbeat awesome song to get her suspended tempo going, and i LOVE it! The beat is just so sick!

Then again A&C is a good song too.
Posted on: 2009/7/18 22:39
  •  Musval
      Musval
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 17/Female
I think Automatic Part II would be a good choise for the next single. :3 It's really nice and summery song. Apple & Cinnamon is still my favorite song from TITO, but I don't think it's good to release two ballad singles one after another~
Posted on: 2009/7/19 7:02
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I'd pick MCML - FYI because it's unique and simply beautiful :P but i still think that she should have done a collaboration with Ne-yo or some other singer in order to promote her a little more...
Posted on: 2009/7/19 9:26
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
I'm really stuck between "Dirty Desire", "On and On" and "Taking My Money Back". They all have their pros and cons. Rhythmically and musically, "Dirty Desire" is just perfect for the American market. Lyrically, it's not like it would be astonishing to anyone, but I just don't know if I want Hikki to get her name in America from THAT song. I know she says the lyrics are humorous, but it's hard to tell with the way the music industry is run now. Too many people will take her seriously, and while that might boost her popularity, I don't know if I can stand having Britney Spears fans and Utada Hikaru fans lumped into the same category. Meanwhile, "On and On" is extremely danceable and probably the most risk-free choice for a single, but it just doesn't seem like a summer song to me somehow. TMMB, on the other hand, isn't really danceable, but it is an easy-going song with a lazy feel to it that would work perfectly in the summer time. It just screams "Put Me On The Radio and Relax!" to me. The lyrics are a bit sloppy in places, but it would probably do fine.

Thing is, in order for Hikki to make an impression, unfortunately she has to do more than just "do fine". She has to really get peoples' attention. So, I've said it before and I'll say it again, the next single is really just going to be a choice of how IDJ wants to manage and promote Hikki. They'll either go with "Dirty Desire" because they know it will get people listening and sacrifice Utada's more "artistic" image or they'll go the safe route with something like "On and On" or "Taking My Money Back", both of which could do well but might not be entirely suited to bring Utada the kind of attention she needs. It's also possible they might release "Apple & Cinnamon" to cater to her fans, but that would be the worst possible choice they could make right now in terms of getting Utada noticed.

Honestly, though, whatever the next single is, I just hope it has a new freaking album cover. xD

Shuri/Eli
Posted on: 2009/7/19 9:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>