<123
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Re: Which Should Be The 2nd single
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
In Japan, Sanctuary is the second single for the album, which I think is weird, considering that Sanctuary is a US-only bonus track...
Anyway, I can think of three songs -

This One (Crying Like A Child):
I think this song is one of, if not the strongest song on the album. Utada's voice is strong, her voice is sincere and the beat is very rock/pop/ballad.
I just love how the song flows, and how it creates such a sombre atmosphere, which I love - I love sad songs.

Me Muero:
I think this is a nice, quirky song on the album, and it definitely reminds me of an EXODUS-esque song, simply because it's a weird song. It's definitely a favourite of mine.

Apple And Cinnamon:
This song is definitely a fan favourite, but to me, I feel the song is missing something - like it's not really "concluded", if you get me? However, I still feel that this song is great, I mean - rhyming "Cinnamon" with "Innocent" is pure genious, right?

On And On:
I know I said "three songs", but On And On would be a great single, and it definitely screams "remix me!"
With the right remix and remixer, this song could be a regularly played hit in clubs.

My only hate of This Is The One momentarily is the fact it's not been released on the UK iTunes - and it took them /5/ years to put up EXODUS!
Posted on: 2009/7/28 11:37
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Total Votes: 33
Total Voters: 20 <-----What?
Posted on: 2009/7/29 5:56
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
IMo the best choices for the new single are:

Me Muero
Dirty Desire
On & On.
Now that Mariah Carey's new single Obsessed is not blowing up on the charts and IDJ is rush releasing a second single and has pushed back the album release to September. Now is the perfect time for the release of a second single for Utada.
Posted on: 2009/7/29 7:26
  •  Raito
      Raito
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:
IMo the best choices for the new single are:

Me Muero
Dirty Desire
On & On.
Now that Mariah Carey's new single Obsessed is not blowing up on the charts and IDJ is rush releasing a second single and has pushed back the album release to September. Now is the perfect time for the release of a second single for Utada.

I agree. Now it's better an upbeat song like On and On or Dirty Desire, and next Apple and Cinnamon.

I think On and On is good now since it's a song that stick on your mind, it's so easy to sing along "On and on and on...", and I think it would get a good airplay on Rhythmic stations, better than CBTM.
Posted on: 2009/7/29 7:42
  •  Semantics
      Semantics
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Summer's here. I say "On and On".

It's upbeat, contrasting the mid-tempo ballad that was "Come Back To Me", preventing Hikki being typecast into a certain pigeon hole. It's mainstream, relatable enough (as opposed to FYI) to be radio-friendly yet still retaining that unique Utada charm. I'm sure with enough plays, it'd stay with people and climb the charts. The lyrics are not as risque as "Dirty Desire" nor as awkward as say "Automic Part II". In fact, "intoxicated emancipated..." is really catchy.

After "On and On", "FYI" or "This One.." can then take the stage. I'm glad there's a song like "FYI" on the album, cos IMO it's the one that will truly propel Hikki into "infamy", while she's catching a ride in the limelight of course.
Posted on: 2009/7/29 8:27
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Total Votes: 33
Total Voters: 20 <-----What?

you can vote for more than one thing on these polls.
it annoys me.

i wish i could change my vote to on and on.
Posted on: 2009/7/29 11:40
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
On and on is an October Single at most!!!
Posted on: 2009/7/29 12:32
  •  danylicious
      danylicious
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 24/M/ Italy
I was almost sure that TITO era was over ....
maybe there will be not a new single.
Posted on: 2009/7/29 12:43
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
We aren't saying that there will be but if there is...then Dirty Desire sound be it.
Posted on: 2009/7/29 13:06
  •  hikki_is_my_homegirl
      hikki_is_my_homegirl
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 30-US
thats what i think, glad someone see's it!

Quote:

Semantics wrote:
Summer's here. I say "On and On".

It's upbeat, contrasting the mid-tempo ballad that was "Come Back To Me", preventing Hikki being typecast into a certain pigeon hole. It's mainstream, relatable enough (as opposed to FYI) to be radio-friendly yet still retaining that unique Utada charm. I'm sure with enough plays, it'd stay with people and climb the charts. The lyrics are not as risque as "Dirty Desire" nor as awkward as say "Automic Part II". In fact, "intoxicated emancipated..." is really catchy.

After "On and On", "FYI" or "This One.." can then take the stage. I'm glad there's a song like "FYI" on the album, cos IMO it's the one that will truly propel Hikki into "infamy", while she's catching a ride in the limelight of course.
Posted on: 2009/8/2 10:46
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123