Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Discussion
  Just for fun introduction to Cockney Rhyming Slang....

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Just for fun introduction to Cockney Rhyming Slang....
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
?Cockney rhyming slang? is part of the English language. in the mid-19th century first originating in London's East End, Cockney rhyming slang utilises substitute words, normally two, as a slang alternative for chosen word or phrase word.
We will begin with some of the ?A?s?

The ?A?s?
?Adam and Eve? means ?believe??. one would introduce this in to a conversation as 'would you adam and eve it?'

?Alan Wickers? means ?knickers? so one would retort "keep yer alan's on..."?when friends get upset for no reason.

Apples and pears - stairs

?April? aka ?April in Paris? meaning ?Aris? from ?Arstotle? combined with bottle, from ?bottle and glass meaning Arse?? so if you hear guys comment ?clock the April, or ?clock the Aris?..they mean they admire your bum? or sometimes face

Aris see ?April? meaning arse ie Aristotle or bottle.

?Aunt Nell? meaning smell?good for ? Oi? Annabel Aunt Nell the pits on that gezzer?.

?Army and Navy? meaning gravy?.if in traditional London Pub, the landlord might chirp out ?.?Army and Navy, spuds , veg or over

?Ayers Rock??meaning cock aka male appendage,?..ie ?check out the hanging Ayers? ?.need I say more!!

? Arm breaker?: mean particularly energetic male ?hand shandy??again no explanation necessary?Guys would used this as ?pass me the Mag I fancy a meaningful Arm breaker?

?Audition the finger puppets? much the same as the above?

?Air Buffet??.meaning the lingering gaseous cloud generated after a particularly large and vicious portion of Gandi?s revenge?.ie ?very hot curry?.

Posted on: 2009/7/20 3:23
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic