Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Discussion
  What manga/Anime has inspired or moved you?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Re: What manga/Anime has inspired or moved you?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Lone Wolf & Cub repeadidly moved me. Such fine examples of devotion, sacrifice and dedication. The ending - omg, the ending.
Posted on: 2009/7/20 14:44
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Studebaker wrote:
Manga/Anime can move people? Hah, you otakus are so hopeless, it's upsetting.

Kidding. Spirited Away is one of my favorite movies ever. Same with Howl's Moving Castle.

You called me an Otaku! *throws his Mio shimapan bowl at StudeBaker* WAAAAAHHHH T-T
Posted on: 2009/7/20 14:50
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
I just read Me-Teru no Kimochi. While I was going through the book, I felt that it was going at a good pace and the story was really interesting and something that I haven't seen been done in manga. It soon became addictive as I quickly read through each chapter as fast as possible, however, throughout the whole time I was reading, I didn't feel any emotion at all really. I found the story interesting and done very well, but I just couldn't feel like it was motivational or depressing or anything. Well, that is until the very last page of the book. That last line was so perfect and so deep in meaning that I just couldn't help but be filled with emotion. I'd say this was a great manga gem. I loved every minute of it and I'm glad that you shared it with us. It was a surprise to see the mangaka of Gantz doing another manga. I had no idea he did another one WHILE doing Gantz and it doesn't surprise me he did well in this kind of romantic type of manga. Gantz, though its a gore-fest, has some of the most memorable romantic scenes I've ever read in a manga. Hope he does more after he finishes Gantz.

My contribution will be Bitter Virgin.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bitter_Virgin/

This manga is an absolute heart-acher and tear-jerker. This is one of my highest recommendations for hidden manga gems that deserve more fans. Read it and prepare for one of the best drama story ever created.
Posted on: 2009/7/22 1:13
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:
I just read Me-Teru no Kimochi. While I was going through the book, I felt that it was going at a good pace and the story was really interesting and something that I haven't seen been done in manga. It soon became addictive as I quickly read through each chapter as fast as possible, however, throughout the whole time I was reading, I didn't feel any emotion at all really. I found the story interesting and done very well, but I just couldn't feel like it was motivational or depressing or anything. Well, that is until the very last page of the book. That last line was so perfect and so deep in meaning that I just couldn't help but be filled with emotion. I'd say this was a great manga gem. I loved every minute of it and I'm glad that you shared it with us. It was a surprise to see the mangaka of Gantz doing another manga. I had no idea he did another one WHILE doing Gantz and it doesn't surprise me he did well in this kind of romantic type of manga. Gantz, though its a gore-fest, has some of the most memorable romantic scenes I've ever read in a manga. Hope he does more after he finishes Gantz.

My contribution will be Bitter Virgin.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bitter_Virgin/

This manga is an absolute heart-acher and tear-jerker. This is one of my highest recommendations for hidden manga gems that deserve more fans. Read it and prepare for one of the best drama story ever created.

I've actually read Bitter Virgin already.It didn't tthe same effect on me though was very tragic in a sort.But I've seen stuff like Lain,Texnolyze,how that chick and Elfen Lied was abused.Not to sound heartless towards it but this was a little easier for me to handle.Though the fact that Yuzu could come to admit here feeling let alone get him to find her attracted after 10 yrs SUCKS.I'd do anything to move on but it started too young for her to do anything about it.And Kazuki....that poor crazy girl,she reminded me of someone I once knew,so I felt very sorry for but was glad she woke up from her delusions.Te-meru and Welcome to the NHK are those types of manga that hit home with me.Me-Teru because that was sort of dedication to her family,to a lover(s) and to a son.That kind of devotion is something I've never found in a relationship.Not to step on any toes but I was thinking to myself,"Oku,You have created a paradox of a character!".That kind of understanding is something that no woman has to the time to grasp from me(beside my mom;the irony in that eh?).It's really hard to put myself out there now.You can say that's kind of something I long for.And I could not believe Oku Hiroya wrote this thing.Did you see the GANTZ cameo in the 26 chap?He wrote Te-meru during the 05-07 GANTZ hiatus.It ended like s month after Stage 2 began.
Posted on: 2009/7/22 1:44
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
I just realized there was no chapter 26 on MangaFox. Where can I find it?
Posted on: 2009/7/22 13:22
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
No it's ok.It was a double chap.
Posted on: 2009/7/22 16:01
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12