Which is better?

I prefer Exodus!

Love is like a mix of extremes: anxiety and peace - 宇多田 ヒカル / Utada Hikaru
Posted on: 2009/7/21 6:26
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Which is better? Exodus or TITO?
guest_Unregistered
TITO by far mainly because its so much more mainstream. Exodus just takes more time and listens in order to like it.
Posted on: 2009/7/21 9:27
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
That is a tough one,

Honestly I guess it just depends on my mood. Exodus is very thought provoking, while TITO puts me in a good mood.

But if I had to choose right now ... TITO
Posted on: 2009/7/21 9:37
  •  affe
      affe
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 21 Male Sweden
easy choice: Exodus rules, the atmosphere on that album on some of the tracks like "hotel lobby" and "kremlin dusk" is magic, the only track on TITO that has that level of coolness about it is Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence FYI
Posted on: 2009/7/21 13:27
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
one hundred percent on the exodus side of this questionnaire. TiTO has its high points, such as Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - FYI and Apple and Cinnamon. However, even with its weaknesses (Workout and Wonder Bout) Exodus has provided me with some Utada favorites.
Posted on: 2009/7/21 13:41
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
Well, their both good in their own ways. Exodus just puts you in a place and just makes you imagine things and give you a atmosphere that is truly creative. It's true art, though it has a few tracks I don't care for but the other songs are amazing. This Is The One is just fun and just pumps you up. but still This Is The One is creative in it's own way. Their just too different to compare.
Posted on: 2009/7/21 19:19
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
I choose exodus, it has more variety. Hotel Lobby, Kremlin Dusk, Animato it's all so magical. tITO has some good beats and melodies, but they're too much on the safe side. Tito is good as a whole, but the songs in exodus can stand on their own like kremlin dusk.
Posted on: 2009/7/23 17:28
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i'm srry but i pic TITO
Posted on: 2009/7/25 1:18
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
If I had to choose it would be TITO, not because it is ?better?, could probably be a fools errand attempting to make a logical musical judgement, no because TITO is the here and now and without doubt will become a defining moment in Hikki?s career musically, any plans for future English language releases, will be set against perceived Judgements as to how or in some quarters why TITO was ever conceived, so close to Heart Station, umm? 10 or so months between rumours of TITO release.

Exodus is certainly a body of work Fans and Hikki can be proud of, 4 years can feel like a lifetime in the pop music calendar.

It will be TITO and the persistent controversy surrounding, craziness leading to the disjointed physical CD release date, a PR faux pas with the mishandling of the Radio interviews, Jocks were clearly not briefed fully as to who Hikki was, losing valuable air time to mindless repetition, and the inevitable ?Japanese Britney? comparisons.

To be fair to Universal and IDF the CBTM PV is my favourite Hikki PV, I have not grown tired admiring it, and the events were well promoted, I want to say again that Hikki US fans made a sterling effort, cheering and sometimes screaming there delight, and support?.total respect to all US ?Hikkiholics??.. I want like to see TITO back in the top 100, for me that would be an achievement ?.
Posted on: 2009/7/25 2:06
  •  Semantics
      Semantics
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
It's hard to compare since the purpose and style of both albums are so different.

I love TITO for its marketability and mainstream-ness; it's a good vehicle to bring Hikki to the American market and the widespread popularity that she deserves. If only they (IDJ AND Hikki) are willing to spend more effort promoting it. I always wonder what would have happened to TITO if Hikki didn't come down with a sudden bout of sickness... definitely climbing the charts aggressively by now.

Exodus, on the other hand, is a wicked, wicked masterpiece. It's abstract, organic and musically oh-so-wonderful. Not for everyone obviously, and the lyrics are a little too awkward.

I'd prefer to listen to Exodus in my own time and play TITO when I'm with friends (and show them Exodus later). So that Hikki gets the best exposure.
Posted on: 2009/7/25 5:15
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>