<123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Which is better? Exodus or TITO?
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
^I see it that way too.If you are musically challenged like the majority of americans;If I was to play anything from Tokyo Jihen,it would make your head hurt.I'd say "What?You can stand the sound of live instruments?"But Utada's music,any of it often bridges that gap.TiTO even more so.I can see something like "Taking my money back" getting played at a party in Canarsie(here in Brooklyn,East NY area is majority black and my piers have horrific taste in music for the most part.Or so I feel that way.)
Posted on: 2009/7/25 7:13
  •  dral
      dral
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M
definitely different style, difficult to compare. Prefer Exodus! I like Kremlim Dusk very much(for some reason).

Posted on: 2009/7/25 7:45
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
Quote:

dral wrote:
definitely different style, difficult to compare. Prefer Exodus! I like Kremlim Dusk very much(for some reason).

i'll give you a reason! because it's frikkin awesome! XD
that song has everything a ballad needs. melancholy and powerhouse.
Posted on: 2009/7/25 12:07
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
I dunno... I feel like I like TITO more but I'm not sure why... I just do? But then again, I don't usually have a reason why I like most of the things I listen to, I just do. Though there are some songs I began to like after I read the translation like Sunglasses, Addicted To You, and Movin' on without you( I actually like Sunglasses before I heard it based on the lyrics xD) So, I don't know. I wouldn't say either is better just depends what I'm feeling like. Took me a lot of typing to say NOTHING. xD

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/7/25 12:24
  •  Camfans59
      Camfans59
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/female/NH
Personally I prefer Exodus. Utada says that Exodus was a very experimental album, but I just love how it has so much variety on it. For example the track called The Workout. If you listen to that song at the end after she stops singing and it's just music, there's so many different instruments and unique sounds that you here all put together in such an incredible and creative way and I just love it. I wish Utada would make more music like that.
Posted on: 2009/7/25 13:51
  •  sswx2187
      sswx2187
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Exodus. TITO is dec but I cannot just let it play like I can with exodus. I usually start it around tracks 7-8.. Hotel lobby or Animato.. The UK album artwork, which i have not seen in person, is pretty cool.
Posted on: 2009/7/27 8:43
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
That seriously is not a hard question for me to answer; EXODUS, hands down.
I felt that EXODUS had a spark about it, something that drew me into the songs. Sure, I only listened to Kremlin Dusk at first, ignoring the other songs, but as I gradually listened to the album, I loved it.
I just feel that the album is full of "Utada-esque" quirks that make me love her. I think EXODUS and its themes, styles and song-writing perfectly encapsulate why I love Utada. Her uniqueness, her voice, her stylistic music.

I mean, don't get me wrong, This Is The One is a good album as well, I just feel that TITO is missing something... because it just feels different compared to EXODUS (well, duh, I worded that badly...)
I automatically liked every song on This Is The One, which is really weird because I usually only like two or three songs off an album usually (not just Utada's, but every album), but This Is The One is so easy to listen to.
And with EXODUS, I hated most of the songs to begin with, but they grew on me, which I think is why I love it so much - the album "made" me like it, haha.

Anyway, when it comes to it, EXODUS really does shine in its own light, and I really hated the fact that Hikaru called the album a "mistake", I mean, Kremlin Dusk, no doubt her best song to date is on there, and no song could compete with that kind of magical talent, ever!
Posted on: 2009/7/28 11:23
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L M/ Newark, NJ, USA
Exodus.
It nakedly exposed her soul. The song pacing & melodies fit the words & emotions.

TITO seems to cover up her deep, soulful lyrics with uptempo bass & drums. It feels wrong. A similar example would be Outkast" "Hey Ya". When you hear it you think it's fun and upbeat. When you listen to "Hey Ya" sung in a style that better fits the lyrics, it's a whole different song and much more powerful... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-8nkkOA_AM
Posted on: 2009/7/29 10:39
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I love them both, but Exodus has my vote. Not too big on R&B here ^^; Besides, Easy Breezy pwns all, IMO.
Posted on: 2009/7/29 13:26
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

timotato wrote:
Exodus.
It nakedly exposed her soul. The song pacing & melodies fit the words & emotions.

TITO seems to cover up her deep, soulful lyrics with uptempo bass & drums. It feels wrong. A similar example would be Outkast" "Hey Ya". When you hear it you think it's fun and upbeat. When you listen to "Hey Ya" sung in a style that better fits the lyrics, it's a whole different song and much more powerful... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-8nkkOA_AM

that was point of the song sounding the way it does!!!!

Andrea says at the end of the 2nd verse,"Aww,ya'll don't want to hear me ya just want to dance...",but think you.I missed my Love below.I'm gonna go listen to that album.
Posted on: 2009/7/29 13:35
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>