UTIMTA

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
UTIMTA
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/M/OH
UTIMTA is the name of my solo music project. The fist single was released yesterday, along with a music video today. Watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCg1b99fWxs
Tell me what you think! :)
Posted on: 2009/7/21 8:50
Re: UTIMTA
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/M/OH
My new song, "A Bite Forever", which is a vampire song, has been released, I would REALLY love some of your all imputs and thoughts.
LISTEN HERE!
http://www.myspace.com/connersmedley
Posted on: 2009/7/25 13:38
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
ok i got around to it, and i think your music is very well put together. even though it's not exactly my taste, i know a good thing when i hear one. you should try to put yourself more out on the internet and myspace because you could get a good following.

i like the lyrics you write as well. "flowers and roses you sent to me. oh that's right you didn't send any." sarcasm in songs, used well, is my absolute fave.

:)
Posted on: 2009/7/25 17:38
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/M/OH
Thank you so much for your kind words. :)
Yeah, I take time with my instrumnentals, lol. :)
I just dont know about my voice, maybe its just the fact that I hear it OVER and OVER again when I am in the recording process. For some reason I just dont fancy it, does it sound bad? I think I may search for a girl to sing with me, or add a few females to the project... Idk...
Posted on: 2009/7/26 2:52
  •  Studebaker
      Studebaker
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
At times I hear a bit of Rufus Wainwright in your voice. And Rufus Wainwright is like, my god. Unfortunately, I don't believe he was destined to do techno...

Can I ask something? Would you call yourself a tenor or a baritone? And if you're a tenor, would you be willing to, er, sing things in a higher range? It might take care of "adding a girl," haha. I find the melody of Fighting the Tide very haunting, but the vocals lack a certain passion or eagerness. Maybe it's the vocoder, I don't know.
Posted on: 2009/7/26 7:14
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/M/OH
Definetly Tenor. I can sing ALOT like Ataru Nakamura, though if you know who that is. She sings, very low, and very high. I prefer to sing high. :)
I did use Quite a bit of "auto-tuning" on my voice, hehe.
I am very glad you like "fighting the Tide". Is "A Bite Forever" okay? I sing some very high ranges in taht song.
Thank you all so much for your kind words. I have had four new songs in production, and so that should keep me busy a while. I think I may put the songs on the myspace site up for free download soon. If anyone is interested. :)
Posted on: 2009/7/26 16:25
Hikki Obsessed
A Bite Forever is good. Sorry i didn't say anything about it. i listened to it first so fighting the tide was fresher in my mind.

definitely do try to widen your range a bit more, so as to draw listeners in to different parts of your songs. i hope you don't take this as an insult because it is not (in my book at least) an insult. your songs remind me a bit of sonny moore (solo not in that band he was in, whatever it's called).
Posted on: 2009/7/26 17:25
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/M/OH
Thank you so much. I agree with you in many aspects. :) I like a "Bite Forever".
This week I have to polish all the existing songs, meaning add new vocals, adjusting effects on the vocals, etc. And I am working on newer songs that havent been released like "Rust Love", which is currently my favorite of the album. And I am working on other new songs, like "Our Love is like an Orange Peel", and "Put The Check There", and working on new remixes for the album....
The Album will be titled "Long Suffering Existence [ちょうきてき くるしみ うむ]" (choukiteki kurushimi umu/long term suffering existence). I like the title, and it has a japanese touch, because some of the songs will feature lines in japanese. :) Heres an add...

Hopefully Fall? lol
Posted on: 2009/7/28 23:34
Hikki Obsessed
ooh i like it!
tell us when you have more songs up yeah??
Posted on: 2009/7/29 0:08
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/M/OH
Soon a new song will come forth. The song is titled "Cracks of Love (Ghost in Me)" and is a piano, synthpop ballad. It is the true "Debut" single. It will be more promoted then "Fighting the Tide", and a promotional video will be shot, hopefully to garner more people's interests.
Final Recordings and polishing comes this forethcoming week on this new single. I am VERY excited for this single. This is my favorite song. And it should be yours too! :D
Posted on: 2009/8/8 0:07
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>