General Utada Discussion
  music videos -- related?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
music videos -- related?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
i heard this several years ago from a source whose name i cannot remember. the people here seem knowledgeable, so maybe someone can shed light.

i heard that the music videos for final distance, sakura drops, and traveling were interrelated.

supposedly, final distance represents death, hence the darkness and and all the sadness and you get the point.

then, traveling represents reincarnation or rebirth, hence the train falling at the end but creating a seed that blossomed into a new, exact replica of utada living a new life, dreaming in a house.

lastly, sakura drops represented life as a whole. you know, the plants and the animals, and yeah.

the point is, is this a rumor or the truth? i mean it sounds cool, but someone could have just watched all of the videos and been like "WOW! i saw something and decided to say hikki and her (ex) husband thought that, too!"
Posted on: 2009/7/27 21:57
  •  Studebaker
      Studebaker
Re: music videos -- related?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Oh, how I miss the old Utada-Online.
The information you're talking about was conceived by two folks: manjoechan, a well-opinionated and respected member back at the old U-O.net forums, and RJ himself. Unfortunately, there seems to be no remnant left of their analyses (though I hear manjoe's still available on the jpopmusic forums and hikaruforums.net, so perhaps you can contact him there).

What I do remember from their writings (each had a somewhat different opinion) was that the "arms" holding the world in the FINAL DISTANCE represented an Egyptian god(s) or something representing death or the joining force between realms/lifeforms/etc. The two Utadas "merged" into a singular Utada, who, in traveling, brought the friends on her airship crashing into the earth. The ship, filled with flowers and the like, are then planted. Utada emerges as some sort of Mother Nature figure in SAKURA Drops.

That's what I can recall. It's a little fuzzy.
Posted on: 2009/7/27 23:04
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
those music videos are related because kazuaki kiriya directed themm only that.. im not a fan of what u called 'related' like those representations.. they're just videos made differently and doesnt have any so-called connections.. theres a saying that

"dont put other meanings on things that are really meaningless"
Posted on: 2009/7/27 23:32
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
Quote:

The information you're talking about was conceived by two folks: manjoechan, a well-opinionated and respected member back at the old U-O.net forums, and RJ himself. Unfortunately, there seems to be no remnant left of their analyses (though I hear manjoe's still available on the jpopmusic forums and hikaruforums.net, so perhaps you can contact him there).

What I do remember from their writings (each had a somewhat different opinion) was that the "arms" holding the world in the FINAL DISTANCE represented an Egyptian god(s) or something representing death or the joining force between realms/lifeforms/etc. The two Utadas "merged" into a singular Utada, who, in traveling, brought the friends on her airship crashing into the earth. The ship, filled with flowers and the like, are then planted. Utada emerges as some sort of Mother Nature figure in SAKURA Drops.

I'm going to start a new religion called Hikaruism based off of that.
Posted on: 2009/7/28 0:37
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Studebaker wrote:
Oh, how I miss the old Utada-Online.

Shit.That makes a lot of sense but then that bothers me as to why he'd use the root of the Illuminati undertone in FINAL DISTANCE.
Posted on: 2009/7/28 0:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic