Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  This is The One is the essence of American Pop.

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  sswx2187
      sswx2187
Re: This is The One is the essence of American Pop.
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

jesuislm wrote:
so I take it then, that it is also the "essence" of british pop?

Yes yes.. It is also the "essence" of the ocean, buena vista HE.. now miramax, and Osama bin laden. Really its just TITO.
Posted on: 2009/7/28 11:54
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
^hiss much? i was just sticking to the topic.
Posted on: 2009/7/28 11:58
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

JimJam wrote:
This Is The One had no promotion over here in the UK, and I feel that this shouldn't have happened.
I know Hikaru said she wanted people over in the West to like her, then why not promote in the entire west, including Europe?
Hikki has fans over here as well, and This Is The One-style songs are usually always requested on the radio and such.
And trust me, people wouldn't care about the lyrical content, because there are a lot worse things said on the radio than "During my 9 to 5 / I'm thinking 6 and 9".

Have you heard Candyshop?50 cent and Lil' Kim's dirty little baby stayed on Pop charts for MONTHS.They were talking about (censored)ing via metaphor but also oral sex VERY clearly.All within the same song.I've never heard of so much clit getting licked and cock getting rocked within 4 mins.
Posted on: 2009/7/28 13:07
  •  bobo444
      bobo444
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 30/M/London
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

JimJam wrote:
This Is The One had no promotion over here in the UK, and I feel that this shouldn't have happened.
I know Hikaru said she wanted people over in the West to like her, then why not promote in the entire west, including Europe?
Hikki has fans over here as well, and This Is The One-style songs are usually always requested on the radio and such.
And trust me, people wouldn't care about the lyrical content, because there are a lot worse things said on the radio than "During my 9 to 5 / I'm thinking 6 and 9".

Have you heard Candyshop?50 cent and Lil' Kim's dirty little baby stayed on Pop charts for MONTHS.They were talking about (censored)ing via metaphor but also oral sex VERY clearly.All within the same song.I've never heard of so much clit getting licked and cock getting rocked within 4 mins.

Sorry JimJam .. I have been a assistant producer for BBC Radio 1 for 9 years and DD and Poppin would not see the light of day?..fact !
Family entertainment doe not tolerate sexualised lyrics?..another fact!
Posted on: 2009/7/28 16:48
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12