Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Utada Getting Airtime
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
I was in the local shopping centre about a month ago with a friend when I heard a familiar beat running on the speakers above me.
I stopped my friend and listened hard, only to hear:

"How could I ever love another? / How could you say you don't remember?"

I was like "OMGFGLBFGUAFHGOAIFHASFDOIHASDFOLIH!!!!!" I actually jumped up and down screaming "She's on a lowly town's shopping centre radio!"

And another instance was when me and a friend was in Nottingham, and walked past a really high-chain clothes shop when we heard:

"I'm just trying to remember who I can call / Who can I-I-I-I call?"

We immediately ran into the clothes store and jammed out to Kremlin Dusk. We got a lot of strange looks as the song continued pounding. As soon as it ended, we left the shop, with as much dignity as the Queen.

So, my question is, have you ever heard Utada played on the radio / in places before? How did you react?
Posted on: 2009/7/28 11:42
Re: Utada Getting Airtime
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Well, when I first heard her on the radio when got into the car this one day, I was like "OMFG" cuz I didn't have a radio and all my friends were like, "Oh, I've been hearing her(Utada) on the radio" and I was jealous cuz I hadn't been able to. xD It had been my dream for a while to hear her on the radio. But it was always the end of the song so I never really got to hear the entire song. ~_~

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/7/28 11:55
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Re: Utada Getting Airtime
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
I have always heard First Love being played the shops' CD player, but have never heard any work by her from the radio before. Those type of souvenir shops which always attract young girls after school.

It seems like First Love was very popular in this type of places, but I can also tell... that when people hear the song, they'll probably go "OMG OMG!!! It is First Love!!!" but when asked "you know who sang this song?" They will give you a confused look and shake their heads...

In my country, there is hardly anyone who knows of Utada... and I mean both her English and Japanese works. If you say Jpop, the answer coming outta their mouth will most likely be Hamasaki Ayumi. I am not saying ALL of the people in my country, but I believe is MOST, who are still ignorant of Utada...
Posted on: 2009/7/28 12:06
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic