123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Final Fantasy X has the BEST story...
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
...at least in video games PERIOD. I know i know, i'm completely late to the party but i never realized until last night after i watched the cutscenes (just like a movie!) how extremely underrated it is. I've always loved FF7 and how epic-ly great the story was and clouds' swords and new bike as well as the characters and craziness and sadness of the plot.

But! FFX was by far the BEST in story. I never cried or even felt a little sad until near the end when everything was going down. The final ending was what completely killed me. Couldn't help but cry... HEY!! Even tough guys cry sometimes.

Great story... Does anyone think X-2 is worth going through to continue the story? It feels like a good point to stop after X but i kinda want more. I just don't want a poor sequel to ruin the story from FFX..

Any thoughts on this is awesome
Posted on: 2009/7/29 12:53
Re: Final Fantasy X has the BEST story...
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
FFX-2 is a good game but will leave you feeling a little bruised because FFX is soooo good (although I hate Yuna, to be honest). If you get all the secret endings and find all the secret stuff to FFX-2, it's totally worth it. The song One Thousand Words and the scene that goes with it made me cry.

All in all, play it, but don't expect it to be better than FFX, except for the the way they fight (i expect an "amen" to that from LOBFCanti).

edit: oh yeah. it's not the best in ALL video games. nothing can make me cry like KH and it's prequels and sequels.
Posted on: 2009/7/29 13:09
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
NOPE.10 DID NOT have the best.I'm sure this was you first FF game you played if you say that.I can say that 12<---with 9 being my favorite had the Best story.Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Advance both had better stories than 10.People for the most part agreed that 6 was the best story.X-2 was a bland continuation but a good game.I liked it so much more than X.
Posted on: 2009/7/29 13:27
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Ahem, yes, you're right. FFX DOES have an awesome storyline!

The ending for FFIX made me really teary though. So did FF7, and 8. and X-2 lmao

I'm a sucker for FF games, although I haven't played anything newer than X-2. The thing about that one is, though, while it's extremely easy to beat - especially if you get all your peeps up to level 99 by the end, you have to get 100% to get the "perfect" ending (there are 3 different ones). And seeing the perfect ending, IMO, is definitely worth the work you have to put in to getting it. Besides that, I like the fact that overall, it's a generally light-hearted storyline (unlike the other's where the heroes have to save the world before it gets destroyed or taken over by someone or something).
Posted on: 2009/7/29 13:30
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Ahem, yes, you're right. FFX DOES have an awesome storyline!

The ending for FFIX made me really teary though. So did FF7, and 8. and X-2 lmao

I'm a sucker for FF games, although I haven't played anything newer than X-2. The thing about that one is, though, while it's extremely easy to beat - especially if you get all your peeps up to level 99 by the end, you have to get 100% to get the "perfect" ending (there are 3 different ones). And seeing the perfect ending, IMO, is definitely worth the work you have to put in to getting it. Besides that, I like the fact that overall, it's a generally light-hearted storyline (unlike the other's where the heroes have to save the world before it gets destroyed or taken over by someone or something).
Posted on: 2009/7/29 13:30
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Final Fantasy X-2 would have worked better as a portable game because the story was more personally.And the characters had anime stereotypes spliced into them.I hated that but with that awesome battle system I didn't care much.I liked level grinding in X-2.Too bad they'll never use that again.That should be the standard system for all the portable FF games starting with Final Fantasy 5 if they decide to do a DS remake.Because I know they aren't gonna let 7 and 6 go untouched.SE and Nintendo like money.
Posted on: 2009/7/29 13:44
  •  1Brando
      1Brando
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/Male/La Puente, CA
Final Fantasy X has a GREAT plot.
Also, I did get teart-eyed at the end...it was so heartbreaking

FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX also had great plots and endings.

FFX-2 is also worth to play. But everyone is right, don't expect it be better better than FFX, but it almost makes it up there with FFX.

FFX-2 is very fun to play. Getting all of the extras will take some time, but it is worth it. I've had the game for 6 years...and barely got 100% about a year ago...
and currently working on getting the MAscot dressphere.
(FYI, Im a hardcore gamer, so thats why it took me so long to finish off FFX-2)
Posted on: 2009/7/29 13:49
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
8's plot was not good.9 though my favorite had a reminiscence of 7.VII was VERY confusing and boring for a good while.IMO,

I < VIII < II < IV < VII = X-2 < V = III < X = IX < VI = XII

Did X deserve a sequel?Any Final Fantasy game but 6 and 8 could actually get one.X,VII and XII just had the time and sales to get one.
Posted on: 2009/7/29 15:45
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
omg XII is not better than X!! The storyline was so drab. The only character I cared about was Larsa. (that's bad).
Posted on: 2009/7/29 15:59
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Tidus is a HORRIBLE character.Auron is a cliche,Wakka is a jackass,Lulu is the hot goth( ),Rikku is spanish(you should all get that jk and she happens to be my favorite character),Yuna is the typical reserved princess and Rikimaru was just an eyesore.This shit had the very makes of a 90's anime.The Record of the Lodoss War and Sorcerer Hunters cast line up,add in the dysfunctional Father/Son relation do to death,sir it up with just the right about of Jenova/Sephiroth for sin and Viola.Final Fantasy X.
Posted on: 2009/7/29 16:59
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>