Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: What Utada song took you the longest to like
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22/M/Earth
im kinda in a rush but ill make this short

well i would have to say "on and on" cuz the whole gay parade thing ( i got nothing against gay people it just makes me feel gay when i dance around to that song) so i just like pause and not dance when she says that part hahaha XD

much luv & take care

A5UKA
Posted on: 2009/7/31 13:57
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Parody, Movin' on without you, and Hikari...however, they just kinda grew on me..i think after listening to her utada united tour, i fell in love with most of the songs i didn't like before because the live versions sound better...
Posted on: 2009/8/1 11:49
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Traveling, the PV was awesome tho, i give it that
Posted on: 2009/8/2 18:38
  •  chasegran
      chasegran
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Two songs.

Like many others have already said, The Workout. At first all I liked was the 'ONE life TWO times THREE girls FOUR guys FIVE ripples running up and down my spine, SIX point O...' part, but now I find the whole song very fun, after about two years of skipping it when playing Exodus. Now I can play the whole album through without skipping any! :)

The second song that took forever to grow on me was actually Flavor Of Life. I found it bland and boring for some reason when I first heard it, but NOW listening to it I don't understand how I could EVER think that!
Posted on: 2009/8/8 14:25
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
"Wonder'bout."
I used to feel really apprehensive about the song, but now I listen to it all the time. :]
Also, "Kettobase." The whole "I WANT YOUR BABY" line threw me off, but after a few listens I started listening to the rest and it hit me that it's a really good song. :3

Shuri/Eli
Posted on: 2009/8/8 14:37
  •  IceAngel
      IceAngel
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/Female/UK
here goes lol...

First Love
I struggled to like this album when I first got it. I heard Deep River first and thought that was what Hikki's music was like. Deep River had my kind of music on it. I heard the First Love album last (a few years after Deep River had been released) and didnt warm up to it much. My least favourite track still is Movin' On Without You. I didnt really like Automatic but I dont mind it now as its quite poppy lol.

Distance
I didnt really like Kotoba Ni Naranai Kimochi (if thats how its written). I warmed up to it after a little while. I listened to the back ground and the harmonies and it seems like quite a warm song.

Deep River Album
I remember it took me a while to like Hikari. I think that was down to the fact I had heard Simple and Clean first and felt that Hikari was off key. I dunno what it is. But I know the notes are in key. I think it just sounded weird. Now I dont mind it so much

Exodus
I remember I wasnt really fond of Animato. I'm not entirely sure why. I dunno if it was the military feel to the song or not, but I pretty much liked the rest. I like it now.

Ultra Blue
I never got into Dareka no Negai Ga Kanau Koro. I just felt it was a bland song. I love singing that one now though. I remember I started listening to it over and over when I figured out that it was going to be on this album. I figured I'd better learn it and suddenly I found myself liking it when it came on lol
I didnt really like Be My Last either. That was definately because I hated the repetitive lyrics on the chorus'. I started to like it after a few listens once the album came out. I loved Hikki's vocals and the music itself wasnt exactly boring.

Heart Station
I still dont like Kiss & Cry so lets not go into that.
I remember I didnt really like Prisoner of Love. I dont even think its that brilliant. I like singing it though. The only thing that made the song earn points in my opinion was the lines where she sings "Stay with me" It sends shivers down my spine everytime.

This Is The One
There are a lot of songs on this album I'm not fond of. I wont turn them off if they come on though.
Dirty Desire made me feel embarrassed to listen with lyrics like typical Japanese stereotyping (Love you long time). And I feel I cant show this album to anybody that doesnt know Utada as an artist because they just dont get it. Also I hate the repetition of lyrics. This is more than likely why I dont like this album that much.

wow, I should write more boring blogs for a living lol
Posted on: 2009/8/8 15:59
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
I've never met a person that didn't love that song first listen....

Quote:
"Wonder'bout."
I used to feel really apprehensive about the song, but now I listen to it all the time. :]
Also, "Kettobase." The whole "I WANT YOUR BABY" line threw me off, but after a few listens I started listening to the rest and it hit me that it's a really good song. :3

Shuri/Eli
Wonder bout is still pretty bad to me :/.Maybe bad is a little too strong but it's certainly not nice to hear.Kettobase!! however,was at one point my second favorite Utada song ever.That "I want your baby" intro reeled me right in.I remember having a sore throat sitting in Summer school in '04 because of that song.
Posted on: 2009/8/8 19:04
  •  raitwins
      raitwins
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L Philippines
Letters and keep tryin'...I always love to listen Letters and keep tryin' i feel so cold and sweet
Posted on: 2009/8/8 23:43
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
I've never met a person that didn't love that song first listen....

actually i take it back, is prolly gonna be devil inside
Posted on: 2009/8/9 0:59
  •  fivesixseven
      fivesixseven
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 16/M/Canada
I'd say Poppin'. It was probably too much of a change of usual genre I listen to and I always skipped it whenever the album was playing with friends around, but recently I've been listening to this song non-stop. The structure of the song is amazing, and her voice is superb.
Although I can't really sing along to the whole "Girls have it better than the boys" plot, me being a guy and all! xD
Posted on: 2009/8/9 16:30
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>