A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Well the news basely on rumor though
Posted on: 2009/8/28 5:22
  •  airac
      airac
Re: [Unconfirmed] New Single(s) - This One(Crying Like A Child)/Dirty Desire
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
This is really saddening... I really hope she would push through with it. I think she's now really giving us signs of her retiry...:( I'm gonna miss her much :))
Posted on: 2009/8/28 5:40
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

airac wrote:
This is really saddening... I really hope she would push through with it. I think she's now really giving us signs of her retiry...:( I'm gonna miss her much :))

Since the March Sephora events she hasn't posted a single meaningful blog post or released a second single.
No updates on Myspace or anything.
I really don't believe she was really sick in May ( watch her body language when asked the question during the meet and greet). I think she simply decided to cancel those events because she made up her mind that she was done with album and the promotion of it.

It's obvious that meeting with her American fans in late March changed her entire perspective on her American career.
I really think she wanted to make it big in the beginning, she seemed very enthusiastic and she even named the album "This is the One" like she was saying "hey guys this is gonna be a big hit, this is the one!".

it's too bad she got so scared off by her American fans at the Sephora events that she decided it wasn't worth becoming big in America and dealing with all the crazy stalkers, papparazi and such. She probably feared for her life.

In the Yahoo interview when the interviewer asked her about her American fans she said "They are like wild crazy animals".
That pretty much sums it up.

Here's my prediction:
I think her English singing career is over but I believe she'll make one more album in Japan.
Don't expect anymore blog entries though, she is all done with that.
She'll probably retire for 2 years, get married, have a child and release a farewell album sometime in 2012 and do a very emotional international tour sometime in 2012 - 2013 as her goodbye to all her fans.
Posted on: 2009/8/28 11:19
  •  chasegran
      chasegran
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
Quote:

airac wrote:

Since the March Sephora events she hasn't posted a single meaningful blog post or released a second single.
I really don't believe she was really sick in May ( watch her body language when asked the question during the meet and greet). I think she simply decided to cancel those events because she made up her mind that she was done with album and the promotion of it.

It's obvious that meeting with her American fans in late March changed her entire perspective on her American career.
I really think she wanted to make it big in the beginning, she seemed very enthusiastic and she even named the album "This is the One" like she was saying "hey guys this is gonna be a big hit, this is the one!".

it's too bad she got so scared off by her American fans at the Sephora events that she decided it wasn't worth becoming big in America and dealing with all the crazy stalkers, papparazi and such. She probably feared for her life.

In the Yahoo interview when the interviewer asked her about her American fans she said "They are like wild crazy animals".

Here's my prediction:
I think her English singing career is over but I believe she'll make one more album in Japan.
She'll probably retire for 2 years, get married, have a child and release a farewell album sometime in 2012 and do a very emotional international tour sometime in 2012 - 2013 as her goodbye to all her fans.

Now don't say that. She's just taking a break! And she has every right, even though it upsets us fans.
Posted on: 2009/8/28 18:48
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Quote:

chasegran wrote:
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
Quote:

airac wrote:

Here's my prediction:

Now don't say that. She's just taking a break! And she has every right, even though it upsets us fans.

I think even if she does retire she'll get bored or something and want to make music later on. I could just imagine her coming back and saying, "Well, I got bored with just being at home."

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/8/28 20:35
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

~Billy<3'sHikki~ wrote:
Quote:

chasegran wrote:
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
Quote:

airac wrote:

Here's my prediction:

I think even if she does retire she'll get bored or something and want to make music later on. I could just imagine her coming back and saying, "Well, I got bored with just being at home."

Or she'll become involved with background production work on other artist's albums. I mean, you can tell that's where she puts a lot of her heart and soul in her own work. Plus, it's kind of perfect for her. Utada has never really been the "spotlight" kind of girl. She might be much more comfortable simply working on music from behind the scenes and letting someone else deal with the press.

I could see her gaining international fame, at least within the music industry, that way. Unfortunately, I think that's the route she'll be taking. I don't think Hikki can stay away from music- it's in her genetics, practically. But I sure will miss seeing her pretty face and hearing her angelic voice. D:

Shuri/Eli
Posted on: 2009/8/28 21:43
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
^I'll miss her enchanting voice too

But hey it was fun while it lasted right?
Posted on: 2009/8/28 22:32
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
^I'll miss her enchanting voice too

But hey it was fun while it lasted right?

Gaaaaaaaaah!!!! NO! xD I came to be her fan three or four years ago. That's not even half of her career. Most of her singles and things aren't made anymore (according to YesAsia and CDjapan) which bums me out cuz I would really like to have all of the singles and posters, etc.. I thought that even if I couldn't have her older stuff, then I could work on getting her future stuff. But now it looks like mah dream is shattered... lol. But I guess I shouldn't jump to conclusions. She could just be taking a break, not retiring.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/8/29 18:45
  •  airac
      airac
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
if the upcoming single was a hoax, then why did they release an acoustic version of "this one (cryin' like a child)???
Posted on: 2009/8/30 14:44
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
^The freaking "acoustic version" was a FAKE! Why can't people freakin see that I dont get it...seriously...I can't believe people are stupid enough to believe that Utada would post something on "her official youtube" without first acknowledging it in her official blog or myspace. Use your brains people

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2009/8/30 15:15
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...9101112131415>