<1...567891011...15>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Re: [Unconfirmed] New Single(s) - This One(Crying Like A Child)/Dirty Desire
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
But promo is obviously something that is not going to happen. Else, Hikki wouldn't have stopped blogging, and events would have been re-schedualed.
Posted on: 2009/8/11 20:50
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Very true about that, and if they re-scheduled some event, the question is will it help the album or its more meet and greet for fans who missed her ?
Posted on: 2009/8/11 20:59
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:
I agree Pips_Paradise with the right promotion TITO could reach into the Top 20.

Really..... i'm not pessimistic, i just want to be realistic how TITO can reach Top 20. And what kind Top 20 ? IDJ seems like careless with Utada, and that's a big problem right now. To make sure this TITO is a worth album to sell.

Billboards Top 200, it would be good if her album made it into the Top 20. Performing on daytime or latenight talk shows having the dual single being played regularly on top radio stations and reaching the Top 40 of the Rhythmic or Pop charts could help the success of TITO.
We're all waiting for IDJ and Utada's next move. Hopefully they make one.
Posted on: 2009/8/11 21:15
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:
I agree Pips_Paradise with the right promotion TITO could reach into the Top 20.

Really..... i'm not pessimistic, i just want to be realistic how TITO can reach Top 20. And what kind Top 20 ? IDJ seems like careless with Utada, and that's a big problem right now. To make sure this TITO is a worth album to sell.

Billboards Top 200, it would be good if her album made it into the Top 20. Performing on daytime or latenight talk shows having the dual single being played regularly on top radio stations and reaching the Top 40 of the Rhythmic or Pop charts could help the success of TITO.
We're all waiting for IDJ and Utada's next move. Hopefully they make one.

Sorry maybe I was a little vague, so to reiterate, ?I really do feel that there is the potential for a top 20 hit for either, This One (Crying Like a Child) or Dirty Desire, and Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence ? FYI is out in front there too?.

So I am referring to the choice of next single, this may seem a little unrealistic at the moment too, if CBTM had full on TV courage in the fashion described by gantzman246, ?performing on daytime or late night talk shows having the dual single being played regularly on top radio stations and reaching the Top 40 of the Rhythmic or Pop charts could help the success of TITO?, it is essential that all parties are clear what is expected of them from Hikaru?s perspective, this will mean blogging and a more pragmatic approach to interviews.

A top 20 single can be achieved, only U3, IDJ, and Hikki herself, who stressed that this time, she will be adopting a more hand on approach, can make the difference.
Posted on: 2009/8/12 0:56
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
"A top 20 single can be achieved, only U3, IDJ, and Hikki herself, who stressed that this time, she will be adopting a more hand on approach, can make the difference."

Exactly.
Posted on: 2009/8/12 7:11
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:
"A top 20 single can be achieved, only U3, IDJ, and Hikki herself, who stressed that this time, she will be adopting a more hand on approach, can make the difference."

Exactly.

From my point of view, there is another problem. And that is T.I.T.O album itself, many song on that album too mainstream... nothing to much different with the usual US music i've heard . Maybe Apple and Cinnamon and MCML itself have a nice music and catchy lyrics. But as for myself T.I.T.O its so simple for UTADA Album, not like HS album.

I don't know but, if Utada made another English album but more like her Japanese album style, will the majority of US music listener will accept her or not. I will gladly accept it XD, because that's is why i like her.

And why she don't promote her album to another continent like Asia , Europe, Australia and Africa. Her fans not just from JAPAN and US, she have fans all over the world. She should consider about that too. While fans from another continent beside America might think "oh.. it's almost impossible she will come to our continent (ASIA, EU, AU, AF) "
But if she and all of her team made an un-predictable plan which no fans ever think about it, what will the fans response to that "Screaming .... yelling ....acting crazy in the street and many more".

That is my thought, she can do more not just promote her album in US.

Puff....puff i'm run out of breath
Posted on: 2009/8/13 23:42
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:

Exactly.

From my point of view, there is another problem. And that is T.I.T.O album itself, many song on that album too mainstream... nothing to much different with the usual US music i've heard . Maybe Apple and Cinnamon and MCML itself have a nice music and catchy lyrics. But as for myself T.I.T.O its so simple for UTADA Album, not like HS album.

I don't know but, if Utada made another English album but more like her Japanese album style, will the majority of US music listener will accept her or not. I will gladly accept it XD, because that's is why i like her.

And why she don't promote her album to another continent like Asia , Europe, Australia and Africa. Her fans not just from JAPAN and US, she have fans all over the world. She should consider about that too. While fans from another continent beside America might think "oh.. it's almost impossible she will come to our continent (ASIA, EU, AU, AF) "
But if she and all of her team made an un-predictable plan which no fans ever think about it, what will the fans response to that "Screaming .... yelling ....acting crazy in the street and many more".

Sit down you will do yourself an injury

Just wish Hikki, would make some sort indication, nothing OTT, because in all honesty Hikki has not spoken about TITO at any of her recent public appearances, I am still Optimistic about a possible second single, TV promotion offers instant engagement, plus a complimentary A list Guest on a top talk show would benefit TITO by association, a win-win situation.

And your point that Hikki should also think about turning her attention to more Global audiences would be positively something to savour, Hikki should come to London first, a week at the Brixton Academy, and a C4 ?Live at Abby Road? set followed by tea and ginger biccy round mine?

Posted on: 2009/8/14 0:48
  •  kuromaguro
      kuromaguro
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/M/London
Trying to be optimistic here too, but i certainly hope that she's taking this opportunity to give herself a good rest (albeit a bad timing to have one) after 2 continuous album in 2 years and then come back at full force, hopefully internationally. I just wish her tunes are known by more people. I have to admit she's pretty darn clever at it, after listening to some orchestra version of her songs! Sometimes, I feel that she's quite afraid to sacrifice the freedom for being more popular from her old interviews... but all I could say is "stay strong hikki!". I am sure more people would want to remember you, as a honest artist of course!

therefore...back to the topic, hopefully this second single would be a reality. To catch her performing at london would be awesome... but for now, pips, lets just hope at least she would come to london to promote :D
Posted on: 2009/8/14 3:56
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:

Exactly.

Just because an album is mainstream doesen't make it a bad album. TITO may be mainstrean but its also very unique.
Utada has used some elements of her Japanese style on some tracks on both of her English albums. But if she's trying to appeal to the American and European market why would she make an English album that sounds just like her Japanese work? If she becomes successful in the U.S. and develops a bigger fanbase here then she could, but she hasn't reached that level yet.
Posted on: 2009/8/14 6:23
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:
...Utada has used some elements of her Japanese style on some tracks on both of her English albums. But if she's trying to appeal to the American and European market why would she make an English album that sounds just like her Japanese work? If she becomes successful in the U.S. and develops a bigger fanbase here then she could, but she hasn't reached that level yet.

This is just my opinion, but I think her Japanese work seems to be truer to who Hikki is as an artist. The production doesn't seem as slicked-down or as poppish. "Deep River" had a lot of less-mainstream electronic and ethereal elements as did "Ultra Blue".

While I like her English albums, it does seem like she is toning down her uniqueness on them. Some artists have to do that to break through (Fiona Apple), while others manage to create their music and have it break through untainted (Tori Amos). I can respect the tracks I love on the English albums and appreciate the ones that I don't.

I'm not a big R&B fan, I'll say this up front. But tracks like "Exodus" and "FYI" and "Hotel Lobby" have given me a better appreciation for R&B in general. So I owe her a debt of gratitude for that. But I still generally prefer her Japanese music for the poetic songwriting (although I can't understand a damn word of Japanese) and the more creative production.
Posted on: 2009/8/14 15:29
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...567891011...15>