UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

Hikki4life4ever wrote:
Quote:

Camfans59 wrote:
Quote:

Kumachang wrote:
Hum if STAR counts, i'd pick Star :P Hikki sounds weird in its songs... if not... I guess the album i like the least would have to be Precious

What's Star? I've been a long time Hikki fan and have never heard of that being one of her albums.

I think it's U*Star. What Utada 3 or "U3" recorded -
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/GSS-3-99-Utada-Hikaru-U-Star-Cubic-U-cd_W0QQitemZ120446451186QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_216?hash=item1c0b2afdf2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1|66%3A2|39%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

The cover of this album is similar to the album cover of "9 sai no omoide". My guess is that she drew both of these.
Posted on: 2009/9/7 23:08
Re: The Utada Album You Dislike
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 17/F/CA
lol many people don't like DISTANCE [lol i think that may be my favorite album by hers... which is weird because when i was younger i hated it.] lol maybe tastes change over the years. my least favorite album [even though they are all grand] maybe... TITO D= i d k that is a hard question but i find me listening to only hald the album... not the rest.

maybe it's a tie between First Love and TITO. but as of now TITO
Posted on: 2009/9/8 1:24
  •  Hikki4life4ever
      Hikki4life4ever
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L _/Female/Pye Green,UK
I'm re-posting! Hey!!! XD
I also Love First Love and Others but I'll still go with TITO. Hikki made the wrong move in my opinion. And I agree if she didn't think about the mainstream all her songs would be in the charts by now.

Love is like a mix of extremes: anxiety and peace - 宇多田 ヒカル / Utada Hikaru
Posted on: 2009/9/8 3:20
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Actually if TITO was promoted properly then it would have done better on the charts. And CBTM did crack into the Top 40.
Anyway, I would have to go with Deep River. I don't dislike it but I never got all the hype surrounding the album.
Posted on: 2009/9/8 4:34
  •  IceAngel
      IceAngel
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/Female/UK
I remember not liking Distance when I first bought the album but it grew on me. I dont particularly like Heart Station, but I do like a few of the tracks. I dont really like TITO as I feel I cant share that album without being laughed at.
Posted on: 2009/9/8 15:02
  •  jagamijs
      jagamijs
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 16 years old, Male, I'm living in Latvia (It's in Northern Europe), Ventspils (By the sea)
I'm re-posting too :)

Well, I still don't like ~70% of Exodus and ~60% of Distance, but I have to agree - TITO may be the worst she has ever released, because it was too mainstream. It wasn't Hikki anymore, it was someone we didn't knew, maybe that's the reason why TITO wasn't popular even in Japan, but it's pretty good... It's just - that didn't sound like her....There was no meaning for most of these songs...
Posted on: 2009/9/10 12:14
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
But all of Utada's Japanese's albums are mainstream and have topped the mainstream music charts in Japan like Oricon and Billboard Japan.
Posted on: 2009/9/10 13:19
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:
But all of Utada's Japanese's albums are mainstream and have topped the mainstream music charts in Japan like Oricon and Billboard Japan.

Well indeed hr Japanese song also mainstream too, but I think the lyrics meaning of her Japanese song also help, not just the music....like the meaning behind "Flavor of life", "Prisoner of Love" and other her Japanese song.

I guess that's why
Posted on: 2009/9/10 21:34
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
I think the Japanese are pretty much open to any type of music, mainstream or not. In America, music has to be a certain way to be big. I don't think she wrote and produced her songs as mainstream, people have just made it that way. She became huge in Japan 10 years ago and still amazes her Japanese fans to this day so they just continue buying her music and supporting her.
Posted on: 2009/9/11 0:04
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16 / M / Palembang
I dislike Distance the most. It just.. err.. very very bubblegum.

I only like 2 or 3 songs from Distance (Sunglasses and Kotoba ni Naranai Kimochi are the bests).
Posted on: 2009/9/11 10:39
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>