gantzman246
Re: The Utada Album You Dislike
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:
But all of Utada's Japanese's albums are mainstream and have topped the mainstream music charts in Japan like Oricon and Billboard Japan.

Well indeed hr Japanese song also mainstream too, but I think the lyrics meaning of her Japanese song also help, not just the music....like the meaning behind "Flavor of life", "Prisoner of Love" and other her Japanese song.

I guess that's why

But her english songs also have meanings.

When I listen to Hotel Lobby I feel like she is telling me a story about a prostitute who is picking up guys in a Hotel, the woman is not really happy about it. . Devil Inside the song is a about a devil lurking inside her. Utada sings about how no one wants to see the dark side of her.
Taking My Money Back, "What I gave, you took, nothing came in return But I, I kept on giving baby Give me back my heart, give me back my time."
Come Back To Me: "I admit I cheated Don't know why I did it
But I do regret it Nothing I can do or say can change the past." The last two songs have meanings for people who have been in difficult relationships. In TMMB she sings about how fed up she is being in a relationship with a man who dosen't respect or value her. In CBTM she sings about how sorry she is for cheating on her man and how bad she wants him back.
Some of you might not see meaning in TITO but just because you don't see it doesen't mean it doesen't have any meaning.
Posted on: 2009/9/11 16:42
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

DjPho wrote:
Quote:

Camfans59 wrote:
I don't understand why a lot of people don't like Exodus. I think it's her best album. My least favorite album of her's is Precious. I don't like any songs on the album just because they sound kind of old. My sister thinks her best album is Heart Station and agrees with me about Precious.

Probably cuz they never really listened to the songs. Most of the songs do suck but Hotel Lobby, Exodus 04, and Devil Inside are actually pretty good.

I dont like her cubic u album or whatever it was called.

Hotel Lobby
Animato
Crossover Interlude
Kremlin Dusk(DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS)
You make me want to be a man

are solid

Everything else can remain in question.And I come to dislike *snicker* Single Collection Vol.1!!! XD but serious when is 2 coming?I know she is gonna have to but some filler on that (censored).New tracks are waiting to jump on that one.Also,it's a quick cash in for her.So she can get on the US tour -__-.....I wish.
Posted on: 2009/10/2 21:29
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:
But all of Utada's Japanese's albums are mainstream and have topped the mainstream music charts in Japan like Oricon and Billboard Japan.

Well indeed hr Japanese song also mainstream too, but I think the lyrics meaning of her Japanese song also help, not just the music....like the meaning behind "Flavor of life", "Prisoner of Love" and other her Japanese song.

I guess that's why

When I listen to Hotel Lobby I feel like she is telling me a story about a prostitute who is picking up guys in a Hotel, the woman is not really happy about it. . Devil Inside the song is a about a devil lurking inside her. Utada sings about how no one wants to see the dark side of her.
Taking My Money Back, "What I gave, you took, nothing came in return But I, I kept on giving baby Give me back my heart, give me back my time."
But I do regret it Nothing I can do or say can change the past." The last two songs have meanings for people who have been in difficult relationships. In WTTBM she sings about how fed up she is being in a relationship with a man who dosen't respect or value her. In CBTM she sings about how sorry she is for cheating on her man and how bad she wants him back.
Some of you might not see meaning in TITO but just because you don't see it doesen't mean it doesen't have any meaning.

Well maybe you were right some of her English have meaning, I think there is something about her english song , why didn't huge like her Japanese song in Japan. I'm not sure what kind since i'm not Japanese. Someone explain me why ?
Posted on: 2009/10/3 6:02
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:

I guess that's why

But I do regret it Nothing I can do or say can change the past." The last two songs have meanings for people who have been in difficult relationships. In WTTBM she sings about how fed up she is being in a relationship with a man who dosen't respect or value her. In CBTM she sings about how sorry she is for cheating on her man and how bad she wants him back.

Well maybe you were right some of her English have meaning, I think there is something about her english song , why didn't huge like her Japanese song in Japan. I'm not sure what kind since i'm not Japanese. Someone explain me why ?

I guess because her japanese songs are more popular in Japan than her english because its in Japanese. Not everyone can speak and read in english fluently in that country. I listen to her japanese songs for the music not the lyrics. I've always enjoyed the beats and sounds to her Japanese music. I don't understand Japanese so reading the translated lyrics just doesen't feel the same for me when I listen to Exodus and TITO. Its very poetic but I don't feel like it tells me a story like Exodus and TITO. Especially Exodus.
Posted on: 2009/10/3 7:21
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
my two cents.

how can you answer this thread? i mean we are all hikaru fans and i think it's inappropriate to say that you dislike one or a few of her album/s and claim that you are a fan. a fan is someone who accepts the artist's work no matter what other people think of it. even if hikaru puts out songs that are unpopular to many people, you guys should accept that she is not perfect and is bound not to make hits at times. if a fan readily accepts the artist's work(in this case, hikaru), then you could elevate yourself to another level as far as "fanness"(?) is concerned.

wouldn't it be nice to point out the good points of her records instead of the bad?
Posted on: 2009/10/3 9:21
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
Quote:

percypenn wrote:
my two cents.

how can you answer this thread? i mean we are all hikaru fans and i think it's inappropriate to say that you dislike one or a few of her album/s and claim that you are a fan. a fan is someone who accepts the artist's work no matter what other people think of it.

I disagree. I think it's too unoppinoinated to say that you like EVERYTHING that an artist puts out. I don't even think its possible, at least for me. I have no problem saying that I love Ultra Blue, but I dislike Precious.
Posted on: 2009/10/3 9:47
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
i did not say that you have to "like everything" she puts out. of course there are songs of her that you won't like. what i said is to "accept" her work. there is a big difference between these two words.

peace!
Posted on: 2009/10/3 10:05
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
Quote:

percypenn wrote:
i did not say that you have to "like everything" she puts out. of course there are songs of her that you won't like. what i said is to "accept" her work. there is a big difference between these two words.

peace!

I misread that. Sorry
Posted on: 2009/10/3 12:19
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
I wouldn't use the word Dislike, I prefer to describe it as an album that I don't really much listen to as compared to other albums. I have yet to listen to Cubic, Star or her older works so as for now my answer will be First Love. The songs are a bit too happy for me.

Besides, I think why people think TiTo lacks depth because the lyrics are too straight forward. Her Japanese lyrics are more poetic, not as straight forward and let's not forget many of her western fans aren't good at Japanese language; hence, it's a more unique experience when they listen to her Japanese songs.

TiTo isn't one of her best work but it still has a few solid tracks. Judging from the beats, instruments, arrangement, etc, yes, the album sounds really mainstream. Fortunately it has FYI and Me Muero. Those two songs are great.

It's really predictable that many fans will say they dislike Exodus. IMO Exodus is a good album, it has a higher re-play value compared to TiTo. The music is more unique and I love the lyrics. Kremlin Dusk, Devil Inside, Hotel Lobby, You Make Me Want to Be a Man... and About Me, anyone?
Posted on: 2009/10/4 8:23
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

percypenn wrote:

peace!

What does me thinking "This is The One" is trash have to do with me being a fan?As a fan I should be able to realize when the preferred artist does less than stellar work than they have in the past.I still like them...no?I just expect better of them.I can't accept this as portrait of her talent because it's not.She could have made a better album when she 10.
Posted on: 2009/10/4 11:20
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>